Preetom

The Way Leo Often Talks About God/Absolute

135 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yep.  I didn't burn through that until I was around 39 years old.

yes, the beard will be probably veeeeerrrrryyyy long then!

Edited by now is forever

26 minutes ago, now is forever said:

what final upload - you are scaring me! and probably not only me....

Don't worry.

I'm foreshadowing a 2 hour long video in which Leo just laughs.
Laughs at the joke he finally got. Laughs with a laugh you've never dreamed of.
It will sound more like a squeal though.

This will be the final upload of the nonduality series.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

yes, the beard will be probably veeeeerrrrryyyy long then!

I respect any man who can grow a nice, thick beard.  it's cool.  Mine gets kinda scraggly when it gets longer and I have to trim it,

i don’t grow a beard - so i don’t know...

but beards are kind of a statement of hairiness.

Edited by now is forever

Just now, now is forever said:

i don’t grow a beard - so i don’t know...

I don't know what the equivalent for women is to a man growing a beard is.  Hmm?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Hmm?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't know what the equivalent for women is to a man growing a beard is.  Hmm?

haha - you want to know huh?

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

haha - you want to know huh?

I'm thinking maybe like accessorizing with exotic jewelry -- like chunky jewelry.  Big, bold, exotic earrings lol.  I had a girlfriend once who would wear these feather earrings that would hang down.  Those were pretty exotic.  They looked good on her though, and she was exotic too, so it was a nice fit.  Maybe like wearing a big, chunky necklace made out of turquoise or something -- something making sort of a statement.  A big, puffed-out beard on a man is making a statement.  There's a rebellious vibe to it.  Maybe big hair on an older woman.  I've seen some older women who have very kind of exotic big hair that is intimidating -- a hair-do which kind of makes a distinguished, rebellious statement.  I saw a woman like this a few weeks ago, she looked like a powerful, seasoned female attorney.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm thinking maybe like accessorizing with exotic jewelry -- like chunky jewelry.  Big, bold, exotic earrings lol.  

well i‘d say it’s a matter of taste ;)

i bought some pon pon earrings recently.

if you don’t look at the p too much you‘d understand what colour they have.

you could also call them fluffy hairrings.

Edited by now is forever

NEVER PLUCK your eye brews = growing a thick beard xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Shin said:

What are you talking about mate ?

People are concerned about the philosophical self destruction of Leo 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

People are concerned about the philosophical self destruction of Leo 

Still don't get it, and don't understand this sentence either xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

33 minutes ago, Shin said:

Still don't get it, and don't understand this sentence either xD

If Leo was a giant philosophy department in some Uni, how could it implode from inside out? ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Everyone watched Breaking Bad and wants to be the Walter White of spirituality. You guys don't want to be enlightened, you want be be some bad ass, that's why you guys love Osho so much. :D

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Aakash what's the difference between enlightenment and liberation? Can you pls explain the difference? 

On 3/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, tsuki said:

@Preetom Leo has not given up his mind just yet. It's too precious to a philosopher.
He's got mountains of knowledge to burn through. Haven't you gone through the chatty phase yourself?
Imagine going through that with 20 years worth of contemporary philosophy.
Just try to imagine the sound of all of that crumbling to dust while connecting to oneness.

Shit, I just can't wait for the final upload. It's gonna be magnificent.

Some of the things I found sort of disheartening are

1) the claims of being the most advanced mofo alive..over and over and over...over the years

2) doubting and belittling the teachers who taught you this thing piece by piece in the first place

3) so much conviction behind the claims after each 'state' which eventually contradicts itself down the line

Nothing personal about Leo but noticing these exact deluded patterns within me, they are like immediate red flags. We've all been there. After a glorious meditation sit, you feel like the king of the world. The ego-mind comes back to distort whatever clarity was there. Even Leo himself said that the true mark of a genuine master is humility. 

Repeating after key-elements, Leo does sound redundant now. A madman with some same old learnt lines on repeat. I have a mild guess that few dozen people could even talk like Leo now lol

Another thing that really grabbed my attention which @Garuda asked in some other thread about what's the common ground in all of spirituality in spite of all the disagreements and bickering.

Well it obviously has 2 fold sides

1) Completely seeing through the illusion of the separate ego-mind so that it can't distort what is

2) living the ramification of that realization intellectually, emotionally, physically, interpersonally moment to moment

There is no spirituality without this element. There can be and always will be disagreement and bickering with notions like God, other metaphysical theories and hypotheses, creation theory, path, teachers etc. But the no-self/true self realization is like ground upon which rest of the redundant stuff lies upon. In a sense, no-self/true self realization is the beginning and ending of spirituality. The rest of the delusion and disagreement lies in between. But it seems Leo is flying so high, he sort of has a disparaging view towards it.

When Leo told in the final moments of the latest video that he still doesn't have abiding no-self realization, it literally felt like a first grade kid whose job is to master that 1st grade stuff, but who dreams about attending first year college every night after having few drinks(no pun intended), and then next day belittles the actual 6th and 7th graders for not being in the college.

I hope Leo does continue to talk about enlightenment, make more guided meditations, talk more about techniques and pitfalls in a more refined manner based on his personal experiences, motivating mystical stories(those he has come across through research), talk about other meta stuff like self-deception, epistemology, limit of knowledge(absolutely gorgeous stuff!), other topics and some real talk/rant once in a while. 

But this circle-jerk and gloating is becoming redundant and honestly boring. The claims about absolute have been made so many times and contradicted so many times that shit ain't even entertaining anymore.

As his regular viewer, just my personal comment. I know he doesn't take a cent from me to make this stuff, so at the end of the day it's his choice. I'll just leave it here.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

But this circle-jerk and gloating is becoming redundant and honestly boring. The claims about absolute have been made so many times and contradicted so many times that shit ain't even entertaining anymore.

i've kept up with his theories, but from what i've noticed. none of them actually contradict each other? which ones have you noted

10 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Nothing personal about Leo but noticing these exact deluded patterns within me, they are like immediate red flags. We've all been there. After a glorious meditation sit, you feel like the king of the world. The ego-mind comes back to distort whatever clarity was there. Even Leo himself said that the true mark of a genuine master is humility. 

I think that the chief problem with spirituality is its formal nature after some point.
You really have to master the process in which you attained the said clarity and integrate it to your everyday consciousness.
Leo is dependent on 5-MeO for now, but he will have to divert away from it at some point.

If his videos don't bring you any clarity and you can see through their fragmentation, I think that it's best to drop them.
Why won't you write down your own insights in a journal instead? It is helpful, however absurd it may sound to a person that does not believe in language. This way you could see through your own fragmentation (contradiction) and maybe attain final clarity?

There is a Zen saying that by no amount of polishing a brick, you will turn it into a mirror. Right?

17 minutes ago, Aakash said:

i've kept up with his theories, but from what i've noticed. none of them actually contradict each other? which ones have you noted

He has a video called ALL OF REALITY UNDERSTOOD probably 2-3 years back while he was on Al-Lad (If I remember correctly). Then the 5-meo breakthrough video dates even back.

Yes we get his point that he is having more and more deeper realization of the same elephant. But at this point, this has become overused and redundant. 

If he has another 30 5-meo dose everyday for the whole month of April, he would feel every awakening more deeper and profound than all other realizations, teachers and everything. He literally could drown in the self-gloating for the rest of his life in this manner. Now I'm sure there will always be audience for that like how people worship superstars doing v-logs or watching others playing video games on twitch instead of living and experiencing those life elements themselves. But it would kill the core value upon which Actualized. org was made. That was to remind us of this work and slowly introducing to us to a life other than we conventioanlly know it(at least that's what he preached). But the self-gloating claims and state chasings are getting noxious now.

I wish he stops talking about his own ''grander and grander'' spiritual experiences, until he reaches the abiding no-self realization which he calls awakening. hey he has figured out it all anyway! Right? And instead talk more about practical strategies of enlightenment once a week, bi monthly or once a month depending on how much he wants to focus on the quality and research

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom thats a valid enough point, but i guess that's just the line of work it can't be help. 

it certainly is the problem that would occur when following a person who is not completely self-realised, but i would just say his approach is more for those with monkey mind and who are interested in philosophy, ignoring the holes in other enlightened being's logic is easy when in the end silence and non-identification is all you need to become enlightened. but the harder route is to solve them i guess. 

The overlap can become confusing and you might end up getting lost.