Jed Vassallo

Mooji just exposed as a abusuve cult leader?

174 posts in this topic

Aside from some allegations, the people around him speak and look really genuine, he too, also cool to notice there are many sangha groups nowadays over the world

love or silence

7 hours ago, Fishy said:

Where is the video of him debunking it? I've only seen a video where he is saying it's not true, not actually debunking. It's weird that he says he is in the lineage of Ramana when he really isn't. 

Where does he say this, out of curiosity? Do you have a video where he specifically says he is of Ramana's lineage?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Posted (edited)

@winterknight

You mean Ramana Maharshi? 

He's Papaji's student and Papaji was Ramana Maharshi's student. Maybe that counts as a lineage

Edited by Salvijus

18 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@winterknight

You mean Ramana Maharshi? 

He's Papaji's student and Papaji was Ramana Maharshi's student. Maybe that counts as a lineage

The thing is Ramana never declared Papaji as his lineage. 

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Aaron p said:

He already made a video debunking the allegations. And also....eh, who gives a fuck. I have no time for religion. I don't care if the man is a murdering psychopath, if he helps me get enlightened then hey, I like em. 

#FuckMorality

22 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Sure, the winning me. As long as the me thrives, the rest of the world can explode. Can't you smell your own arrogance? :S

This is why Adyashanti says that the path to enlightenment is the path of failure.

Enlightenment is transcendence of good and bad, and see Reality for what it really is. So I agree more with Aaron P than with ajasatya.

It's funny. Here we are trying to know the Ultimate Reality, but some people let human morality get in the way for that. Which comes first: Reality or intelligent monkey morality/behavior? I think Reality.

Everything else except the Eternal Reality is a dream and distraction. If animal behavior (morality) distracts you from the Eternal then you will have difficult to get enlightened.

Ability to discriminate between the Real and unreal is one of the pillars for enlightenment.

The Screen itself vs the impermanent pictures on the screen.

Edited by Mikael89

@Mikael89 Enlightenment is not separate from everyday life. Enlightened human beings are deeply human and highly aligned with goodness. Why would that be? Why is non-violence taught by every master?

You don't become immoral by becoming enlightened. Instead, you become aware of the core of what society calls "morality". What we know as "morality" is just a superficial understanding.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Goodness implies badness. There's no goodness without badness. And vice versa.

So goodness is just a part of the game of opposites.

Non-violence isn't taught by every master.

The real You aren't human. Nor good. Nor bad. Nor immoral. Nor moral.

@Mikael89 If you're unable to unify Truth and duality by transforming your life as an individual, then there will be no growth. The ego always try to come out on top, finding all sorts of excuses to avoid purification and goodness.

Attachment to non-dual language and the absolute perspective is a famous breach for devilry. It took me a few years to realize this. Purification is emotionally HARDER and it's okay to be afraid. Use all non-dual avoidance you feel like. You're not improving the quality of your life by derailing through "there is no <insert whatever>" statements.

Clue: DUALITY is the ultimate miracle.

unborn Truth

@Mikael89

Goodness is an Absolute. Goodness has no opposite. Badness is a relative illusion.

What's missing from your understanding is realization of Absolute Love.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Mikael89

Goodness is an Absolute. Goodness has no opposite. Badness is a relative illusion.

Nice.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Mikael89 If you're unable to unify Truth and duality by transforming your life as an individual, then there will be no growth. The ego always try to come out on top, finding all sorts of excuses to avoid purification and goodness.

Attachment to non-dual language and the absolute perspective is a famous breach for devilry. It took me a few years to realize this. Purification is emotionally HARDER and it's okay to be afraid. Use all non-dual avoidance you feel like. You're not improving the quality of your life by derailing through "there is no <insert whatever>" statements.

Clue: DUALITY is the ultimate miracle.

"Grow", "transform", "purify", "improve"...

Yawn.

"Only the conditioned consciousness can evolve or be developed.

The natural-supreme-self, can only be discovered."

- Mooji

Let's see where your improved ego is within 60 years or whatever. I think it will be located either inside a coffin or as ash. So much work/importance to a passing dream.

“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Matthew 7:24-27

Edited by Mikael89

28 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Let's see where your improved ego is within 60 years or whatever. I think it will be located either inside a coffin or as ash. So much work/importance to a passing dream.

I've wondered this myself from time to time.  What is the point of pursuing anything or improving yourself when it all leads to nothingness?  Everything you achieve, everything you become, it all amounts to nothing in the end.