Anton_Pierre

Torturing an enlightenment yogi

33 posts in this topic

Once Leo told me these sentence: "A buddhist monk would be happy in the same hell."

@How to be wise The pain exists and suffering too exists to the same body and mind as before enlightenment. Before enlightenment i am suffering and after enlightenment there is suffering. 

6 hours ago, Anton_Pierre said:

Hey guys, 

Let me go in the record for saying I have no intention to torture an enlightened yogi. I am just curious in knowing if they would experience suffering or peace. A lot of enlightenment teachers spend there time peacefully sitting and meditating.

I was having a toothache a couple of days ago, it was really painful I couldn't even eat, but then I remembered that It was just a mind made history, because what was this pain if not just a sensation that the mind labels as bad, so I abide in this understating and funny enough couple of minutes later the pain was gone.

So an enlightened yogi probably would see through the history of the 'me' who suffers pain.

@Anton_Pierre Depends on the person really. There's a vast spectrum within supposed enlightened masters, in terms of depth. Many of them could not take severe physical pain with equanimity is my guess. Another thing is, the heights of equanimity people achieve through mindfulness are separate from their baseline state, the state when they're not putting in effort to maintain a meditative state.

Yes its possible and there are people who have done it like the monks people have shared. there is even certain meditative states where you do not experience pain such as the 3 or 4th jhana or a deep samadhi  state. You should never purposely hurt yourslef but how you deal with pain is a good yard stick in measuring how well your progressing in your meditation practice. 

Its crazy to think this is even possible and not more wide spread, I guess it takes alot of effort. 

On 2/27/2019 at 10:34 PM, andyjohnsonman said:

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 21.33.33.png

Typical EGO proving himself. Has nothing to do with transcendence, but it looks supernatural and nirvana in the eyes of the dormant. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@cetus56 This is Nirodha Samapatti, complete cessation. His ability to not even flinch to such extreme pain doesn't come from his enlightenment (even tho he almost certainly was) but from concentration skills. He was training for weeks to prepare himself.

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

53 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Typical EGO proving himself.

@Hellspeed Yea his ego's just showing off in front of a crowd. Ego's do that. Thanks for mentioning it!

3 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Typical EGO proving himself. Has nothing to do with transcendence, but it looks supernatural and nirvana in the eyes of the dormant. 

Where is this ego? I can't see it.

@cetus56 wow, seeing your comment made me read up on it more. Here's a colourised photo I found that's chilling:

main-qimg-1218cef3380e2f30e8d87d37b007e8c3-c.jpeg

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

You guys are confusing EGO with being selfish, in spirituality they have nothing in common. 

When i said, that monk is full of EGO i say he is clinging to a belief of an afterlife and an illusion of the light. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.