LoveandPurpose

how do you know you're 100% authentic?

24 posts in this topic

You don't wonder those kind of question anymore xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Google it lol

You can’t be 100% authentic all the time, if you want to live in society. 

Art helps btw...

@LoveandPurpose

A great self-inquiry is "What is genuine?". 

I've found direct experience insights that arise from the inquiry to be much deeper and powerful than intellectual explanations.

@LoveandPurpose it's like enlightenment in the sense that when you become it, there's absolutely no doubt in your mind. No obstructions. The question itself of whether you are or aren't becomes a silly notion. 

When you lead from the heart, there is no question, no funny business. Pure intuition and love, unquestionable :)

I believe this happens when you fully answer the question "who am I?" and decide to uphold that with no compromises. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

4 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Serotoninluv So you contemplate on that question until an answer arises from the space between the thoughts?

For me, self-inquiry is not effective if the mind is busy with thoughts. I only self-inquire when my mind reaches a deep state of relaxation. For me now, an hour of yin yoga + a couple puffs of indica weed is the best combination to reach deep states of relaxation and self-inquiry. Yet, my embodiment breakthrough on "genuine" came during a deeply relaxed state in a sensory deprivation tank.

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

"who am I?"

In the absolute or relative sense?

44 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

In the absolute or relative sense?

Both! Development AND awakening. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

What exactly is authenticity and how do you now you're fully authentic?

Authentic means truthful. How to be true you're asking.

Do you notice that when you're in a job interview you are forced to smile basicly.. you're giggling, you're laughing and then you exist a place and you think. Wow that guy was a retard :D or a similar situation, I'm sure you know something like this in your life. When you're just acting to be one way when actually inside you feel the opposite way.

So being authentic means you're not trying to pretend anything. you're not trying to smile when you're unhappy. Like all the positive thinking phylosophies and tricks that people do.

Truth, honesty, authentisity these are the same thing basicly.

Edited by Salvijus

When do you know when you are full with food. When you know longer seek or care. When you live it. When The issue become option. 

Edited by Beeman
Vocabulary

On 2/20/2019 at 4:59 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

What exactly is authenticity and how do you now you're fully authentic?

When i m naked after shower.

I love this question because it's something I'm striving for in my life right now.

Authenticity to me means honest expression, nothing concealed. Not hiding intention, not suppressing actions. It means making space to allow true action and reaction to occur, without hunting for the right answer. Not trying to please some idea, or bending a situation to one's preconception or bias.

I think authenticity is something to strive for, a process. There are layers upon layers of twisted karma to un-entwine. The best way forward is to unpeel these layers one at a time. Trying to go all the way to a true authentic core will be inconsistent, impulsive and confused. I think of a ball of rubber bands. If you try and grab the core of it, you'll find you'll make a big tangled mess, and you won't even find the core because there is none. Better to go about the job removing one rubber band at a time.

A pattern I've noticed is that authentic being happens more slowly, and is prone to more humour.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish

35 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Authenticity to me means honest expression, nothing concealed. Not hiding intention, not suppressing actions. It means making space to allow true action and reaction to occur, without hunting for the right answer. Not trying to please some idea, or bending a situation to one's preconception or bias.

Love this! I also feel like being authentic just means kind of letting go and watching yourself act. Trying to be authentic (thinking "how would it be to act authentically" for example) is not being truly authentic.

What are these layers you talked about specifically? Can you give examples?

Ain't we all authentic all the time? Do we even have a choice of not being it?

Well this can be put in other way as, the moment we start perceiving / absorbing / even sensing anything, we've lost the authenticity. Explaining it using words is way too much.

Yet, with all of the these alterations, errors, deviation from the original are we not authentic?

In fact even the Inauthenticity itself seems so pure and authentic, does it not!

Not trying to make it sound complicated, in fact this is the most simplistically I can put it..

You know where you want to go in life. When you do walk the walk, ppl start following your example and make it their own. You help others become strong in their own ways.

063a5d7f6f54ed2498bd0ac14cacf9fd.jpg

2017-11-01 09.43.15.jpg

I can only answer for myself on this one... But you have to go deep within and question everything that you have ever known.... Which are all beliefs... Then go deeper still... Question who you really are... If there Is "I" involved it's you're ego... You're TRUE self will reveal itself in its entirity... Without wanting it... Observe the observer... Patiently and dillergently.