Wisebaxter

Modafinil is Amazing for Consciousness Work

113 posts in this topic

@Zigzag Idiot Well it gives you such good progress than when you have a break from it you're benefitting from that progress so you still feel kind of high. For me this eliminates the strong need to take it again quickly. Plus just knowing you have the stuff your life gives you a sense of inner security, like knowing you have a good friend to fall back on, who will always give you a leg up. 

Hey no problem man, glad I could help. Please let us know how you get on with the stuff when it arrives.

@dimitri Also let us know how it goes with your adventures curing meats! 

Edited by Wisebaxter

2 hours ago, dimitri said:

@Hellspeed is there resource on the Internet where I can read about the dried meat phenomena?

There is on raw animal products. Check my post on Health 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

14 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

I managed to kick the habit, until my recent relapse

@Wisebaxter You seem addiction prone. Have you ever tried loving kindness meditation? I've been practicing loving kindness towards self and I can't tell you how much of a difference it has made. In a very short period of time I started taking better care of myself. Now almost everything I do is an extension of self-love. Better diet, consistent meditation practice, and just physical and mental health all around. I have a tendency to slip back into my old ways but that just reminds me that I need to keep practicing. In any case, best of luck to you on your journey!

@Wisebaxter Sounds mega mate gonna get on it for sure! Resonates with me what you’re saying but in different context so have high hopes for this??sick to hear you’ve hit new levels and are fully back on track, can’t imagine how fucked I’d be after 20 years of it! How do you think you can prevent yourself from relapsing again? Do you just go totally unconscious or is it triggered by certain events? I’m fortunate enough to experience very little cravings, during the 8 months I was so convinced it was doing me good until a series of events helped me realise what’s actually happening and I’ve packed it in for the most part, once a fortnight for some introspection work which seems to be going well for now, might just remove it completely at some point tho.

Great to hear how powerful modafinil is for consciousness work aswell, I initially wanted it coz I struggle with long focus, excited to try it. Keep crushing it mate sounds like you’ve defo found your path now??

32 minutes ago, ivory said:

@Wisebaxter You seem addiction prone. Have you ever tried loving kindness meditation? I've been practicing loving kindness towards self and I can't tell you how much of a difference it has made. In a very short period of time I started taking better care of myself. Now almost everything I do is an extension of self-love. Better diet, consistent meditation practice, and just physical and mental health all around. I have a tendency to slip back into my old ways but that just reminds me that I need to keep practicing. In any case, best of luck to you on your journey!

Yes I have considered I may have an addictive personality or something. Funny you should mention loving kindness meditation as I'm doing something similar at the moment, which is spending time opening up my heart chakra. I basically generate love and focus on my chest area, which might be similar to loving kindness meditation. I'm going to have a go at that though for sure. Yeah what keeps the cravings at bay is definitely doing the daily practices and looking after myself, getting plenty of exercise. Perhaps self love is something I need to do more. I've been working a lot n my self esteem recently and doing shadow work and that's been helping a lot. Also, just steering clear of things like video games and movies, which are triggers for me. Thanks for the advice buddy

9 minutes ago, KyleR said:

@WisebaxterHow do you think you can prevent yourself from relapsing again? Do you just go totally unconscious or is it triggered by certain events? 

Having a big vision of what I want to become is essential. Seeing the bigger prize y'know? Another thing is just remembering the panic attacks and how awful they were. As these memories start to fade, the cravings can come back. My triggers are new games coming out I want to play (weed and games were a devilish combo for me) and new series like Stranger Things, which are so much fun to watch when baked. Also, failure is quite a trigger, like if I lose a job or something, or want to switch off from life. As for how I can prepare for this stuff, that's a damn good question and something I'm gonna consider. Planning has never been my Forte. 

See how you get on with it. If you can use it sensibly like you clearly are, then I think that's ok. But I just have this thing in me where I go all out with stuff. If something gives me intense physical pleasure, I want more and more of it, whether it's drugs, sex or luckily spiritual practices right now. Maybe you can do what Socrates did and indulge once in a while but know when to say no. 

Thanks for the words of encouragement dude, I really appreciate that. 

Yea can relate to that, everything just seems heightened when high, makes everything feel better but I dunno if that’s all in my head and maybe I’m unconsciously blocking something when sober. A mentor told me that’s definitely the case with creativity, just a case of being intensely present but dunno, intense presence high and sober are significantly different to me, maybe my mind has such a big grip on me and the weed let’s loose fuck knows. Yea will let you know how it goes, glad I came across this thread so thanks for sharing, best of luck :)  

@KyleR I think weed gets related to creativity because the stuff makes you intensely present with whatever you're doing and you get lost in it. But that happens naturally when you develop your skill at whatever you're doing. The idea that one would need weed for creativity is such a trap, because all of a sudden when you don't have it you're fucked. You tell yourself 'but how I find inspiration?' Linking creativity to a substance is a bad way to go in my opinion. It's like kicking your muse in the crotch. I'm speaking from experience as I did it for many many years and could never create anything when I wasn't high

Edited by Wisebaxter

Another Modafinil note, watch out for any ego backlash you might get from any increased consciousness work you might be doing. If you step up your game in this area very quickly, be ready for any resulting emotions or energy that may be released. I've experienced some of this over the last couple of days and it's been quite intense. All good though eh? 

Also, I find that focusing on awareness whilst on Modafinil makes me really start to feel 'high,' almost stoned. it can be quite pleasant but tonight I took 400mg and was buzzing so hard I had to stop. Funny eh? That a certain practice would have this effect. Focusing on awareness must have a certain physical effect on the body that reacts to the Modafinil somehow. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Great feedback thanks

I've been thinking about trying for some time now and i'm finally gonna order from afinil express

Which one did you take or would you recommend ? I'm thinking about Modafinil first rather than Armodafinil, and the Modalert one

I find that amitriptyline helps me meditate. I meditated like a zen master today and it's been a while since I meditated. I use to meditate a lot in the past and I found that meditating is like riding a bike you never forget how to do it. So whenever I start meditating again I just pick right back up where I left off at.

@Jordan94 I started with Modalert rather than Armodafinil to ease myself into it. also Modalert is supposed to be a bit better quality wise than Modvigil too but not hugely so. It has been a little more-ish for me though so watch out for that. I do find myself craving it a little, but I have that kind of personality so this won't necessarily be the case for you. I know others who don't have this issue at all. I think I just crave the feeling of relaxation I get from loss of monkey mind. But then again monkey mind doesn't exactly come back full force when I don't take it. It's like most things pleasurable I guess, there's always a level of self-discipline needed. But I have a particular mind with a particular set of experiences and drives. Thought I'd better mention this though as it's only right to give a clear picture of my experience. 

@AstralProjection I read that Amitriptyline can make you sleepy. This isn't the case for you then? Also, how would you describe the effect? Just very mellow?

Today was my first day trying 200mg modafinil. It was an interesting cognitive boost. It was chill and warm. It reduced distracting thoughts and allowed me to be more engaged in the present moment. It doesn’t have the edge or jitters of caffeine. I’ve also tried low doses of adderall. I need to try modafinil more for a good comparison, yet based on today, adderall is a stronger overall mind-body energy stimulant - especially for the body. As well, adderall has a stronger hyper-focus attention aspect. Yet the downsides of adderall are feeling like a machine and a bit buzzy. The advantages of Modafinil to me are that it’s not toxic, it has a warm feeling and the brain booster allows more engagement with what I’m doing, without feeling like something is forcing me to pay attention. 

I think modafinil could be a safer alternative than adderall for thise with ADD symptoms. 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Today was my first day trying 200mg modafinil. It was an interesting cognitive boost. It was chill and warm. It doesn’t have the edge or jitters of caffeine. I’ve also tried low doses of adderall. I need to try modafinil more for a goid comparison, yet based on today, adderall is a stronger overall mind-body energy stimulant - especially for the body. As well, adderall has a stronger hyper-focus attention aspect. Yet the downsides of adderall are feeling like a machine and a bit buzzy. The advantages of Modafinil to me are that it’s not toxic, it has a warm feeling and the brain booster allows more engagement with what I’m doing, without feeling like something is forcing me to pay attention. 

I think modafinil could be a safer alternative than adderall for thise with ADD symptoms.

@Serotoninluv Awesome, thanks for the feedback on that. Maybe we could have a Modafinil mega-thread going at some point as it seems like such a useful tool. I found it very clean myself, with no side effects. My girlfriend told me I was a bit distant, but I think that's because I was staring into space just incredibly immersed in being. I sat next to her like a plank of wood for about two hours lol. It was so blissful. I can't wait to get some more.

I found it amazing for stuff like observation practice and contemplation, where focus is key. What kind of stuff did you do on it? 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Dear Leo (and all)

God bless you recommended Modafinal.

I have used it for my meditation and day to day workings.

Modafinil has been a gateway into a joy and overwhelming sense of love, sincerity and beauty.

I watched Passion of The Christ whilst on it and post-meditation. The sense of depth and comprehension behind these religions of Christianity, Yoga, Buddhism, Hindu, it all adds up and makes so much sense. It is ridiculously educational. I know now that religion is not a superficial waste of time but a highly purposeful agenda for people.

I cannot stop crying at times with these meditations. The amount of joy is PAINFUL. The amount of respect for life is overwhelming.

Now, I thought this was purely me on a drug-high.

When the modafinil ran out. When my supply ran out...…. The trust and beauty remained. My level of 'stillness' remained.

Thankyou Leo. I have stigma against drugs still, and yet because of you releasing your nootropics episodes, I have gone to the next stage. You Leo are playing your part in life well. You have helped. Do not be host this and think I am kissing your ass- this is insulting. I cannot see you in person so I must use words to show my gratitude. You have guided me well.

Modafinal, unlike other things such as Amphetamine or Adderall......Modafinal is more gentle. It has a grace to it.

One must respect this substance.

I have abused this substance two or three times, and learned my lesson very quickly. I have never taken psychedelics yet, but I have gotten a taste for what a scary bad trip feels like. It is scary. One must totally surrender and allow whatever to happen, happen.

Adderall does give me a consciousness boost...…..at a price on my body.

When I come down from Adderall or ADHD items, I feel depressed. I feel non-healthy.

Modafinal is efficient, yet gentle. There is no 'come down.' Just a comforting, slow fading away once you have gotten what you needed.

The substance finishes, yet the peace remains.

@Wisebaxter I’d like to explore more nontoxic enhancers. As far as I know, modafinil is nontoxic and may have healthy nootropic effects. I’d say it’s the best nontoxic enhancer I’ve tried. Hopefully it isn’t addictive.

I’d say the effects are mild yet noticeable. I’d say the strength of the effects are equivalent to about a 15ug microdose of LSD (the effects are different, I’m just referring to boost strength).

Based off of today, I’d say Modafinil is better for solo activities. For example, I did Yoga solo and my mind was quiet and engaged. Also reading. It wasn’t so great for interpersonal stuff. I taught a class today and felt a bit spacey and impatient. During solo activities it was easier for me to get engaged, yet it felt like I had to put in extra effort to stay engaged with other people. LSD micro dosing has a different effect in me - connection and flowing with others becomes effortless. 

So overall, better for introspective activities than extrospective, Yet this was just my first day. 

There was no edge coming down off it.