Wisebaxter

Modafinil is Amazing for Consciousness Work

113 posts in this topic

@kira I bought it from Afinil Express, an Indian company. I paid about £30 for 20 of them, something like that. No it wasn't prescribed. I'm having a break from it at the moment as it can make you feel a bit funny if you take it every day. So yours should be arriving today huh? If you have an issue with overthinking then you'll find it enjoyable. My new advice is, use it sparingly, not every day. It's pretty intense stuff. I can't even imagine what armodafinil would be like. 

modafinil and armodafinil has very little affect on me, barely noticeable :( Could be just placebo.

@Wisebaxter I wish that was the case! But I don´t think it is. I´ve heard a few people saying they don´t feel much difference. I get the feeling that you hear more from people for whom it does make a big difference, that people like me. So Just saying this to make a note that there are a few...and maybe not just a few people who it doesnt work for.
(most other drugs work fine on me) 

@luckieluuke That is interesting, that for some it makes no difference. Just shows how biologically we're all so unique. It makes a noticeable difference for me. But I've decided now it's no substitute for other techniques that increase consciousness and presence in the long-term. Much better to get there through more sustainable means, but this stuff could definitely provide a leg-up for some, just like psychedelics I guess. 

Man this shit literally kills my monkey mind. It's fucking ace

Edited by Wisebaxter

I tried armodafinil, maybe 3-4 tablets at total. I liked the effect but when it's over (after 10 hours) I've got more depressed feeling than usual, so I stopped taking armodafinil. Of course, nootropics is nothing compared to a big dose of 5meo, but I like this stuff. Recently, I started to take l-theanine, I feel so relaxed and focused, love this stuff, going to stick to it for a while.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Was about to post a thread highlighting similar issues with regards to over active mind, anxiety etc. Also recently watched Leo’s video about ego backlash and it’s fuckin walloped me to the point of what I labelled torture recently?have thought about modafinil in the past but was advised against it, you’ve definitely changed my mind again. My issue occurs big time socially, how do you think it’d be for that? Either way I’m sure it’ll have huge benefits for my focus in other areas??

What benefits, if any do you get from weed these days after it becoming habitual compared to early on? Do you have it daily? I went like 8 months having it every day rebelling against the notion that it’s bad for you, how can this wonderful plant be so? Lol whilst reeping it’s benefits but then that shit soon took its toll. Don’t wanna get into an 8 month span with modafinil but I guess I’ve learnt my lesson by now ha everything in moderation right!

Edited by KyleR

@KyleR Modafinil has just helped me out of my first major ego backlash. I experienced this after 6 months progress, having given up weed, starting a meditation habit and hitting the gym. Then all of a sudden BAM, I'm smoking all day again, playing games, up all night, having major panic attacks about my health, all kinds of nasty shit. So three weeks ago, after a mammoth gaming session, tired as hell, depressed, anxious, I threw away the weed and bought some Modafinil a few days later. Now, over the past 3 weeks I've made more progress in terms of raising my consciousness than I did for that whole 6 months. Taking this stuff has made me realise just how bad my neurosis and monkey mind actually was, because now, with it quietened down, I feel better than I've felt in...well, for as long as I can remember. Part of my issue was being lost in concept land. It's true what Leo says, this can actually backfire on you if you're not doing the practices. With Modafinil I can smash out two hours of self inquiry no problem, I'm contemplating like a beast, sitting doing nothing, observing the shit out of everything. I've had countless insights which have come spontaneously out of just 'being,' whereas before I was overthinking everything and there was too much noise and confusion for anything to happen. 

I was smoking weed daily for 20 years dude and I'll tell you something, I fucking hate the stuff. It's the devil in disguise. It tempted me in by allowing me to think outside of the box when I was in my teens, to become interested in art and going against the grain, being Mr Maverick. Of course I had great times with my stoner friends, the best group of friends I ever had. But a few years later I found myself withdrawn, addicted, no friends (they'd all given up), estranged from my family, from society, jobless, going to bed every night promising myself that tomorrow would be the day I gave up. For some reason every time I was sober smoking seemed like a good idea again, largely because I enjoyed doing it and engaging in art, you know how it is, music sounds better, games are more immersive, I was better on the guitar. But then the panic attacks started, the morbid thinking and anxiety, leading me to start throwing away my weed, only to buy it again the next day when the smoke had cleared, draining the little funds I had. So about 6 months ago, after creating a big vision for myself by watching Actualized, discovering meditation, personal development, I managed to kick the habit, until my recent relapse. Now I'm off of it again and I pray to Teotl that I stay off it. I know the cravings will come again, they always do. It's usually a new game coming out that does it, an Assassins Creed game, or it'll be the new season of Game of Thrones or Stranger Things. 

But do I regret smoking it? No. Because it made me who I am and I don't regret what is ordained by the universe. It happened to me so I could find this strength, so I could find the love and beauty on the other side of all that pain. But I sure as shit wouldn't advise anyone to start smoking it. 

I'm sorry to hear it's taking it's toll on you. Lay off that shit however you can. I don't see how anyone can use it for spiritual development. Meditating stoned? Almost impossible. 

Modafinil is fucking blissful and good medicine for the overthinking and neurosis created by the weed. It's also also counteracted the general anxiety disorder weed left me with and made me feel happier, as weed pretty much fucked my dopamine levels. I'm going to need some counselling and help with all this shit for sure, to stay off of it, but right now the Modafinil is working a charm. Am I addicted to it? No, I don't think so. I have days off here and there. But even if I am I don't care. It's like weeds more attractive, kinder sister, come along to sooth my soul and help me find myself again. I won't rely on it indefinitely. But it's giving me a nice boost to my practices and getting me though this pot withdrawal nicely. When I first watched Limitless that film did something to me. I knew it was relevant to my life somehow. Now I'm fucking living it dude :) life purpose shit every day, got my confidence back, back down the gym. Give the shit a try. it's not additive like weed, I really believe that. I'm taking 400mg daily at the moment, which is quite a lot so I'm upgrading to Armodafinil soon. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@dimitri

4 hours ago, dimitri said:

I tried armodafinil, maybe 3-4 tablets at total. I liked the effect but when it's over (after 10 hours) I've got more depressed feeling than usual, so I stopped taking armodafinil. Of course, nootropics is nothing compared to a big dose of 5meo, but I like this stuff. Recently, I started to take l-theanine, I feel so relaxed and focused, love this stuff, going to stick to it for a while.

You tried 5-MeO then dude? I'm gearing up for that. Glad the I-theanine is working out nicely for ya. Ultimately I think we all need to use standard practices in the long run instead of relying on these medicines, as most of them have side effects and you can become reliant on them, but they can definitely get you through some rough patches and get you more focused. When I have a day off of Modafinil now I can feel that my consciousness and ability to focus has been raised. I'm nearly ready for my next LSD trip I think. 

@Wisebaxter Yes, but I am a complete newbie in psychedelics area, tried only once, but it's enough for now:

Completely agree about the importance of standard practices. Good luck, man.

PS: I am also planning to try LSD microdoses.

No pill nor drug will be good for you in the long run. 

Go per example dried raw hight meat. So what i do is dry my meat, let it stay at room temperature for some days or even weeks or months to cure it, like cheese. 

The bitter/sweet/sour is when is the most nutritious and the effects are exposed below. 

From experience i can say is higher than any drug taken externally but at the same time you are lucid as a child with no counter-effects. 

In reality cannot be compared to drugs, because it open your Gut/Muladhara and your own DMT and countless more neurotransmitters gets into your system. 

It is a different kind of high, similar to be born again without visuals and nonsense, it helps you just be. 

26-blog-MEAT-good-dog-treats-roo-tendons (1).jpg

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Dried Bufo alvarius toad... :D

Yeah, the bacteria feeding on raw meat is supreme in my experience. Now i'm drying my own meat and let it sit to cure. 

And apart from the feeling alive again, the healing in the body is flawless. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed is there resource on the Internet where I can read about the dried meat phenomena?

I'm still in process of acquiring Modafinil. I look forward to seeing how it can help me with getting in touch with deeper levels of witnessing which usually correlates into a capacity for greater continuity. I grew up in a time before adhd and Aspergers were being diagnosed. As an adolescent, it seemed so weird that amphetamines completely calmed me out and then years later I see people getting prescribed Ritalin and such for attention deficit disorder. So, taking this into perspective, I believe it could very well benefit my work on strengthening the witnessing capacity.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Afinil Express are legit. They don't deliver everywhere though. I hope you have a positive experience with it. I'm having a day off of it today and I still feel woke as fuck 

4 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Zigzag Idiot Afinil Express are legit. They don't deliver everywhere though. I hope you have a positive experience with it. I'm having a day off of it today and I still feel woke as fuck 

Thanks!

Good for you in going about it with a degree of balance,,,,, The fact of it not being addictive is reassuring.

I appreciate your sharing of experiences.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn