Aakash

what is ignorance?

20 posts in this topic

what is your definition of ignorance? 

mines is doing something when you know you shouldn't be doing something 

@Aakash I think "ignorance" is a great term for self inquiry. What comes to mind right now is: lack of awareness.

9 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Aakash ignorance is the belief that you are not ignorant

The ego is ignorance, that which do not know God and himself as God. Ultimately, there is no one to be ignorant, there is just ignorance. All I can say is that I am everything, I am literally Omnipotent, I can do whatever I want. I am God. I am this individual writing this, I am him. I am him entirely because there is Only I, but he is not I.  I'm basking in Myself, in joy and bliss. Ignorance has ended, the ego character that I (God) am playing out has been seen. I am the ego, I am the person, I am the actor, I play out all characters. And I am beyond all of them, laughing at my own mastery.

Nescience = not knowing by having no awareness (forgivable)
Ignorance = having awareness and knowing, but chosing to ignore it (unforgivable)

For example, lets say by principle you consider it unethical to buy a shirt if it comes from a sweatshop:
1. Buying a shirt, not knowing that it comes from a sweatshop = forgivable (nescience)
2. Buying a shirt, knowing it comes from a sweatshop, but buying it anyway = unforgivable (purposely ignorant)

On 1/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, Aakash said:

My definition of ignorance is when you believe you know a lot.Or when you believe you know whats good and what is bad.

Ignorance means you have made up your mind. There is nothing to convince you of anything else. You are set.

According to Buddhism, ignorance (Avidyā) means misconceptions or misperceptions about the nature of Reality. 

Ignorant is something that no Ego can tolerate thinking it is regarding a subject that it cares about.

E.g., You say I’m ignorant about Enlightenment?  Hehe.  The Ego doesn’t wanna be a dummy.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Ignorance is an affliction you had before becoming more aware. You will always be ignorant, but you won't realise it until it's passed.

All stories and explanations are false.

32 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Ignorance is an affliction you had before becoming more aware. You will always be ignorant, but you won't realise it until it's passed.

@LastThursday That's a keeper.