kieranperez

Getting Off Forum Before I Lose It

44 posts in this topic

Hey, @kieranperez! At first, thank you! You were always a kind person with me.

Work on self-love, man. Maybe Teal Swan's books can help you, but just her video about self worth will help a lot. She's a very kind person and understand a lot about how to be kind with people.

"When we plant a rose seed in the earth, we notice that it is small, but we do not criticize it as "rootless and stemless." We treat it as a seed, giving it the water and nourishment required of a seed. When it first shoots up out of the earth, we don't condemn it as immature and underdeveloped; nor do we criticize the buds for not being open when they appear. We stand in wonder at the process taking place and give the plant the care it needs at each stage of its development. The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its whole potential. It seems to be constantly in the process of change; yet at each state, at each moment, it is perfectly all right as it is." - Timothy Gallwey

I hope the best for you. If you want to talk or anything, you can PM me :)

Hugs

This Forum is a great support group for me.  Seriously.  I gain so much strength from this Forum that I do leverage in my life.  The fact that I put my ideas in writing and hang them out there somehow makes me stronger.  It makes those ideas real because I've objectified them by sharing them with others and making them part of my written works.  Once that happens it's like my Ego wants to enforce that and it becomes something much more than just mere ideas.  It becomes a policy.  And somehow I gain a social fulfillment by participating on this Forum too where I feel like my social life is super solid even though I really only have a few friends in real life.  I feel very socially secure I think in part from my participation on the Forum.  So, realize there are pros as well as cons to the Forum.  You have the power and the potential to make the Forum whatever you need it to be to improve yourself.  Stop whining.  I think some people get caught in this trap of whining.  Life is what you make of it.  You've gotta take the laboring oar of your own life and make something of it.  And this should be fun!  Personal Development should be fun.  This is like being an artist where the canvas is your own life.  Then you can tinker, see.  Over time you tinker and you learn and grow.  That's the process.  Enjoy this process.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

You seem to beat yourself for not measuring up to a certain standard, but you gotta realize that only your own standard is relevant.  And your own standard should not be oppressive to you.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor