Arkandeus

Fuck the law of attraction

48 posts in this topic

I think there is something to the law of attraction.  In a way it’s the inverse of the self-fulfilling prophesy principle.  The self-fulfilling prophesy principle is where you’re fixated on failure and that’s what ends up happening for you.   The law of attraction turns that around and says when you’re focused on your life purpose vision and on succeeding, that’s what you’re gonna get.  I think what you’re glomming into and a big problem with the law of attraction is that people have taken it out of this context and exaggerated it for all kinds of reasons.  But really what it comes down to is when you know what you want and you create a Vision out of it, that’s a major step forward in getting it.  But people have taken this law of attraction principle and tried to sell it as a quick-fix kinda thing.  But see there’s nothing quick-fix about creating and developing a life purpose vision.  It’s taken me like 2 years to create a detailed life purpose vision.  And when I talk about life purpose, I’m not just talking about career — I’m talking about everything I do with my time in a day.  

Videos on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Dodo not sure how you can have 3k posts on this forum and still subscribe to "luck" or "happenstance." 

It's a real thing and I'm conscious of it every day. Perhaps you have some ideologies you need to sort out...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

It is the beliefs and assumptions around LOA that’s toxic 

The title of this thread should be “fuck my idea of the law of attraction “ 

here’s my understanding: loa is simple. Recognizing the limiting beliefs you hold, start living as the person you invision yourself to be— this means putting in as much work as you would imagine is needed and taking every opportunity you encounter to reach the goal. 

And of course there is confirmation bias of the mind you can be aware of and expectations people always tend to create 

why not choose to look at reality as being your own creation? There’s freedom in this but it will require you to be extremely honest 

Edited by DrewNows

29 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Recognizing the limiting beliefs you hold, start living as the person you invision yourself to be

only works if "I" as a "person" exists. Otherwise the "I" is the fundamental limiting belief.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

only works if "I" as a "person" exists. Otherwise the "I" is the fundamental limiting belief.

At a certain level it does. Beliefs in of themselves are relative 

LOA is founded on wishful thinking. The spiritual path is about Truth.

12 hours ago, karkaore said:

@Arkandeus The things you think you want aren't always necessary the things you actually want. In fact, you don't know what you want even though you might think you do.

You know what, I tried living life like this, and its a hundred times worse then living life with societal programming

It sounds nice, but it really isn't, I can say for certain life was easier and more pleasant before I subscribed to such nonsense, no offense it is nonsense to me, you're free to believe in this, but I'm done with it, if it works for you, all the best

Im done chasing carrots

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Arkandeus i will say this, in my direct experience I have (in the past) definitely encountered a phenomenon that sounds very like "Law of attraction" (LOA). When you know where to look and *how* to look...you can see it. But by no means let it become a belief. It's a bit deep to try to talk about it...but we definitely attract and repulse different things in our lives. I have a spiritual exercise I do, where basically I close my eyes and wait for my awareness to communicate with the mind. It's a visual process where I create an image of something and then destroy it, rebuild it in a different way, destroy it, rebuild it in a different way again, destroy it etc. Until I (somehow) know that my energy is in alignment with what I want to have. 

But yo, none of this is important. Just focus on enlightenment. It's not just fuck the law of attraction, fuck meditation, fuck enlightenment fuck actualized.org 

We must surrender all beliefs. Then we can find out *who we are.* Who *you* are. 

Edited by Aaron p

8 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Dodo not sure how you can have 3k posts on this forum and still subscribe to "luck" or "happenstance." 

It's a real thing and I'm conscious of it every day. Perhaps you have some ideologies you need to sort out...

I agree - its a real delusion. It's a real belief system you have. We both need to sort out things. 

The reason I'm saying it is because I have tested it: It doesn't matter what I intend to attract in my life, everything happens as it happens. Call it luck, call it destiny, call it God's will. I don't care how you call it, the only thing it is not, it is not the law of attraction. 

Just face it, you have no magical powers as a human being. If you are in the cult that believes in the law of attraction, you probably are afraid of your own thoughts. "Oh no! I had a negative thought!! I need to go cleanse myself. OOh so that's why i lost my wallet!! I knew it works!!" good luck with your neurotic existence, unfortunately I do not want to be a member! 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo  

6 hours ago, Dodo said:

"Oh no! I had a negative thought!! I need to go cleanse myself. OOh so that's why i lost my wallet!! I knew it works!!" good luck with your neurotic existence, unfortunately I do not want to be a member! 

I agree that kind of thinking is a pretty dark place to be.

Ive been reading the book Mind Hacking by Sir John Hargrave, and he has a section where he talks about negative thinking in a pretty illuminating way, I think you might enjoy it. Solve for Happy by Mo Gowdat is another one of these books.

That being said, I do think there is real magic. my experience confirms this. Though I do not fully understand it.

Interesting things start to happen when you go "offroading", stop listening to teachers, and strengthen your own relationship to reality.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

All you've done here is express anger and deny what you don't like.

If you never directly experienced what you were told LOA is then you turned it into dogma.

This is why you've gotta do the work.

Sounds like your ego is lashing out because it feels hurt.

8 hours ago, Dodo said:

I agree - its a real delusion. It's a real belief system you have. We both need to sort out things. 

The reason I'm saying it is because I have tested it: It doesn't matter what I intend to attract in my life, everything happens as it happens. Call it luck, call it destiny, call it God's will. I don't care how you call it, the only thing it is not, it is not the law of attraction. 

Just face it, you have no magical powers as a human being. If you are in the cult that believes in the law of attraction, you probably are afraid of your own thoughts. "Oh no! I had a negative thought!! I need to go cleanse myself. OOh so that's why i lost my wallet!! I knew it works!!" good luck with your neurotic existence, unfortunately I do not want to be a member! 

That's quite an ego backlash... You're trying to put words in my mouth, say I'm part of a cult, and then think you know how I think! Is that not a beautiful self deception you created? Let's take a step back.

I am not part of a cult, any more than a physics student belongs in a cult when he does tests to confirm F=MA. Let me explain an aspect of the law of attraction from an evolutionary standpoint. No "woo woo" here. Before we had language, we needed to communicate feelings throughout a group with nonverbals. Our ancestors did this so well that they were bordering on psychic. We had to develop this ability in order to survive. 

Whether you're conscious of it or not, your thoughts and emotions directly effect people around you, because we as a species evolved to sense this for survival. And just like you egoic mechanisms, this "second language" is also still active. Not all your thoughts and feelings are "yours."  You picked them up unconsciously from the group. 

I still work in customer service, and since I really started becoming conscious and observant of these mechanisms, I haven't had a single problem customer or major asshole. It has been over a year. All my coworkers get them on a daily basis. This is simply not possible! But it is. This is not a belief system because I understand this through direct experience. I don't subscribe to any ideologies. 

You have not explored this field nearly enough, so please stop holding ideologies about it. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

This is a love song between you and reality

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Hello from Russia yes

if you take a back seat and find that your thoughts/visualization is very strongly reflecting your feeling/emtions about that. then you will find what ends up happening is the manifestation of that

the only issue however is this, there is no "you" doing any of the visualzation/thinking..

so really, when it happens, it happens..

you can think/visualize it "yourself" as well... but needs to be authentic (aka just happening and strongly so - on it's own )

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny