SpaceCowboy

Teal Swan‘s enlightenment

22 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I‘ve been watching a lot of Teal Swan‘s videos lately and I‘m wondering about her take on enlightenment. She claims to be enlightened and yet still has an fully intact ego with fears, desires etc. In her opinion transcending the ego is kind of „selective identification“ while she promotes fully integrating the ego into consciousness. Shouldn’t that lead to ego death in the end?

Now, she seems a reliable source, yet her teachings differ from many other perspectives. Is she just not taking it far enough?

Wtf is a selective identification? 

Sounds like some cool business deal hiding at some dimension.

Enlightenment is first and foremost, dis-identifying with everything, EVERYTHING...thus identification with Nothing starts. That's not an idea of Nothing but more like rediscovering oneself as one always is. It establishes the supremacy and primacy of Awareness.

From then on, a long term maturing takes place. It's not a body-mind that works its ass off to be something different, but the body-mind completely yields and starts getting colonized by Awareness at its own pace.

In the deluded state, Awareness was thought to live in and share the limitations of body-mind(birth, growth, decay, death, objectivity).

After Enlightenment, the body-mind gets saturated with Awareness and takes on the qualities of Awareness(non resistance, lightness, loss of identification etc)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

It can be seen that the ego both will dissidentify or identify. Really both the same movement of resistance/attachment(identification). 

The ego seems to prevent integration. So maybe a question would be if integration means to make whole, how can a mechanism that inherently breaks things up become whole? 

Edited by Jack River

The majority of spiritual teachers don't even reach Teal Swan in terms of awakening. Those who are psychics can see this. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

A total disidentification is hard to achieve in pratice. Most people who have some kind of awakening will not fully realize the extent of the Nothingness.

A realization of no-self is not the end of the game. There is yet deeper.

I have no idea about Teal Swan speficially, I'm just speaking more broadly.

I think many paranormally inclined folks have a hard time fully transcending the subtle paranornal realm. But in the end, it is all still form. Just a subtle version of the gross material realm.

There is the gross material realm, the subtle realm, and then finally what is called casual nondual. At the very end all identification of any kind is erased. But how many people will actaulize that? Not many.

It is definitely possible to realize that you were never even born. By that point, what is there to identify with? Your ultimate nature is pure emptiness.

But of course it's still great to do stuff like introspection a out your personality, or to integrate shadow aspects, etc.

Psychological work is still very useful for everyday life even though it is not your true ultimate nature.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No idea (but I like her too). 

Maybe you can go about it both ways. Leave behind all you think you are, or identify with everything there is - both lead to no boundary between self and other. 

Her approach is different , she is like medium, she is very good on switching perceptions, fell other people emotions, experience them and not get attached to them in long run, I think she is well aware of her fears, other people fears and how to deal with them, one thing is to experience them  , another is to get attached to them , they are just emotions, feelings. 

Before we assume there is this integration of the ego maybe we can ask who’s integrating? 

Is this another divided action of ego? 

It seems that the ego(divided movement/action) would love nothing more than to integrate its own movement.  :S

I wonder9_9

Forget about Enlightenment. Focus on what works best for you.

Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, Create what is uniquely your own.

Sometimes we deliberately choose to forget and delude ourselves in order to find ourselves again through another perspective.

The ringer never ends ;)

B R E A T H E

Why do you care about the enlightenment of others? Discover your own and you've discovered that of others.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Teal Swan is not enlightened. If you look more closely at her, she writes diatribes against people she feels wronged her, such as exes and demonizes them in public.    Then look at her fanatical followers and how mentally unstable they are - how they go after anyone who criticizes her in droves.  There is always scandal around her and many people hurt by her.  I'm not sure why people like Teal Swan keep getting brought up around here as examples of enlightenment, though like any teacher, she has some good qualities.  

"Teal Swan, an emerging cult leader, claims she is a multi-dimensional Arcturian alien working with 11 other aliens in an “intergalactic Green Peace” type organization. She says she has x-ray vision and hearing, that she can inject herself into people’s brainstems to revive them and can hear tectonic plates moving. She has a massive following, many of whom, called “Tealers,” tattoo themselves with her symbol. Teal claims suicide is a “reset button” and that “death is delicious.” At least two of her followers have already committed suicide. Teal also claims to have suffered 13-years of abuse in a child-murdering Mormon Satanic Cult where she was routinely tortured, sewn into a corpse for 12 hours and made to torture other children."

https://medium.com/@bescofield/the-gucci-guru-inside-teal-swans-posh-cult-36168edaf62f

Edited by Freakyboo
Grammar

I do not really care about her scandals, what I am interested is what information she gives, if you do not find any of her information legit and very informative it is up to you , I personally think she is very wise person. 

@Freakyboo Why don't you watch this video? :) Sorry, it's a bit off-topic, but this video is great.

Edited by Pallero
changed comment

There are many Enlightened people, some are just more Enlightened than others :D

B R E A T H E

8 hours ago, pluto said:

There are many Enlightened people, some are just more Enlightened than others :D

if i may:

there are many enlightened people some just are differently enlightened than others.

and:

there are many enlightened people some are just together more coenlightened than others.

??

Edited by now is forever

If enlightenment is measured by level of hotness,then I'd say she's pretty damned enlightened.
If she's lucky,she might just become, Mrs.Teal Big Balls Swan , some day. :D

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!