winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight

I ask you this from the point of view of TRUTH

When it is said, past present future all exist in the absolute simultaneously

How is that so?

I understand that the "whole of existence" is generated each moment by the SELF.

But is this an understanding in the illusion which breaks down at the TRUTH level?

That since there is only NOW

What appeared to happen yesterday is now gone and won't be there again ? Thus no past/future. Only now.

So again, NOW is only now.

Not all of past/present/future together just there... 

?

Again, trying to understand the enlightened standpoint from the unenlightened standpoint is never going to fully happen. 

But is it not that "there is only now" -- I disagree. The present, past, and future are all illusion. They are all mental concepts. It is not that "there is only now" but that the very concept of "now" and "before" and "later" are all wrong -- or rather, are all mental only.

The Self exists beyond time concepts, not in the "Now."

11 hours ago, Ar_Senses said:

@winterknight

Hey there! You've said that working with psychology is 90% of work. Before I had some bias about psychoanalysis, I thought that Gestalt or Transpesonal psychology has more progressive theories and practices, I've went Gestalt psychotherapist for about a year. What do you think about Gestalt school? Is it beneficial or I'll better find for myslef a psychoanalyst?

If so, how can I find the right one? I've always thouth that psychoanalysis is very long and has a little potential for the potent growth.

Also I had a problems in my relationship - we often fight with my GF and don't hear each other. We thinking about pair psychotherapy, what your thoughts on it? What the most effective way to solve relationship problems? Also she and I had a story of bad relationship.

Psychoanalysis can take a long time, because the truth is real therapy takes a long time. Insight and change take a long time. It is absolutely the most powerful therapy, however, and its practitioners are the best trained. It is not true that so-called "more progressive" therapies are better. Psychoanalysis itself has progressed a lot over time.

To find a good psychoanalyst: google "psychoanalytic institute" <your city> and if there is one, call and ask for a referral. If there isn't one, go to "Psychology Today," search for therapists in your area, and on the left-hand side, where it says "types of therapy," put in "psychoanalytic" -- and then when you look at the person's page, they should have some specific training at a psychoanalytic institute. If you have any trouble, PM me and I will help.

Psychodynamic is second best -- it is based on psychoanalytic principles but is usually fewer times per week.

Lots of other therapies can help, too, of course, but those are on average your best choices.

Honestly gestalt and transpersonal do not have the best reputations.

Of course, what also matters is the fit between you and the therapist. Within a couple of sessions you should feel reasonably comfortable with the therapist and should be feeling like you are getting something out of it. 

If you are not feeling good about your therapist within two or three sessions, bring it up with the therapist. If you are not satisfied with their response, try a different one. Sometimes it takes a couple tries before you match.

Yes, couples therapy is a good idea for you and your gf. Again, there's no quick fix for relationship problems. It comes down to trying to listen to their feelings, communicate your feelings, and come to a place of greater and greater emotional honesty, being sensitive to each other's childhood wounds and backgrounds. Will take time and work.

9 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight what do you think of rationality and logical thinking? What are the positive side and limitation of of rationality and logical thinking?

Rationality and logical thinking are important for a spiritual seeker to understand the basics of the search. And it may be useful to help solve various personal psychological problems. But in the end, they must be given up so that the truth -- which is extremely simple, direct, always here, and beyond the intellect, can be recognized.

5 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

@winterknight What is subconscious mind? Is there a point of no return in this enlightement path?

The subconscious mind is simply the part of your mind that you are not aware of all the time, that is working in the background.

There is a point of no return on the path -- and all of us have passed it. All of us are enlightened already, only we do not know it.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight Why give up and letting go are two important components of spiritual seeking? 

Those are only two different names for the same thing: which is not to cling, not to expect. The reason is that clinging is based on, and grows, the idea that you are the body-mind. Give up and you will be calmer... that calm, that peace, is what you really are.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight whag can be achieved through breathing properly? Some people says breathing can be a way to have access to spiritual truth, is it true?

3 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight whag can be achieved through breathing properly? Some people says breathing can be a way to have access to spiritual truth, is it true?

Breathing can be useful to help concentrate the mind.

Then you will have to direct that concentrated mind inquiring "who is it that is watching this breathing?" "who am I?" 

Breathing alone is not enough.

20 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight at what point in your seeking did you stop identifying as the thinker? 

That very question contains an incorrect assumption. The one who identified as a seeker can never stop identifying with the seeker. The seeker is an illusion. I was never that person.

I could say "oh, on this day and time I stopped identifying as the seeker" -- because that is what it seems like from the mind's point of view -- but that is actually wrong.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight  Oh yes, I get that for sure.  I was more interested in the mind's point of view, as that is more relative to this one over here (which I know technically there is no here or there). When did @winterknight 's mind stop believing it was the thinker of thoughts? I just am trying to figure out if the realization comes early, but it may take so and so years to actually stop identifying, and if this is what self-inquiry is for. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

The one who identified as a seeker can never stop identifying with the seeker. The seeker is an illusion. I was never that person.

As well, there is no one who identified as a seeker. Correct?

51 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight  Oh yes, I get that for sure.  I was more interested in the mind's point of view, as that is more relative to this one over here (which I know technically there is no here or there). When did @winterknight 's mind stop believing it was the thinker of thoughts? I just am trying to figure out if the realization comes early, but it may take so and so years to actually stop identifying, and if this is what self-inquiry is for. 

The problem is that the mind's point of view is wrong, so really no accurate answer to this can be given. The mind is not a real entity; it is imaginary. So its history cannot be given.

It's like asking how old a building in a dream was, or how deep the water is in a mirage oasis. I could give you an arbitrary answer (it took 20 years of practice, I had many repeated realizations, and it became crystal clear last year), but you should know it's wrong.

Really, this is a misleading train of thought. There is no distinction between realization and the time to "actually stop identifying." Realization is the knowledge that you never identified in the first place.

The thought that it takes "years to actually stop identifying" is itself ignorance. The desire to think of things in these terms will prolong your search. It actually it takes no time at all, because it already is the case. Simply give up thinking and what remains is You, immediately.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

As well, there is no one who identified as a seeker. Correct?

Correct.

@winterknight well thanks for humoring me, that was actually the answer I was looking for.  And also... Funny thing, I'm exactly the type to ask how old a building in a dream was, knowing that any answer isn't necessarily true, but it does provide context to the story. 

I never knew if what we call enlightenment is when one stops identifying as the thinker, or if that is the beginning of the journey. So you seem worried that your answer will hinder growth, but that's this is actually great news to hear.  

4 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight what is the difference between intellecualization and actuality?

Intellectualization is a set of concepts that the mind creates. Actuality is what remains when you drop all concepts.

3 hours ago, Blissout said:

Did you end suffering? are you in a state of permanent peace?

Not a state of permanent peace. States come and go. States are for minds. I am permanent peace (even the word "permanent" is wrong, because it is the opposite of temporary... actually the Peace that I am is beyond both... even if the mind appears to be disturbed, I remain Peace).

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight well thanks for humoring me, that was actually the answer I was looking for.  And also... Funny thing, I'm exactly the type to ask how old a building in a dream was, knowing that any answer isn't necessarily true, but it does provide context to the story. 

I never knew if what we call enlightenment is when one stops identifying as the thinker, or if that is the beginning of the journey. So you seem worried that your answer will hinder growth, but that's this is actually great news to hear.  

Sure. In a way, a seeker has to carry around two understandings. At one level, the seeker level, there is effort to defeat old mental habits.

Basically that means you have to relax and let your mind immerse itself into the Peace that it is -- like lowering yourself into a jacuzzi -- and stop running after other stuff that you think will bring you happiness. When you stop desiring and thinking -- that blankness beyond words that remains is You.

Because of mental habits, you may have to remind yourself of this over and over again.

But at the same time -- and this is the second, truer truth -- it should be kept in mind that that whole process doesn't exist, and all this time you are in Peace. There is actually no one who to has to "go back" to Peace over and over. And in fact you can safely drop that thought and just be Peace.

It is only if you are unable to be satisfied with that do you have to go back to the concept of repeated effort. But eventually you will "graduate" to the higher truth.

36 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Intellectualization is a set of concepts that the mind creates. Actuality is what remains when you drop all concepts.

Not a state of permanent peace. States come and go. States are for minds. I am permanent peace (even the word "permanent" is wrong, because it is the opposite of temporary... actually the Peace that I am is beyond both... even if the mind appears to be disturbed, I remain Peace).

Sure. In a way, a seeker has to carry around two understandings. At one level, the seeker level, there is effort to defeat old mental habits.

Basically that means you have to relax and let your mind immerse itself into the Peace that it is -- like lowering yourself into a jacuzzi -- and stop running after other stuff that you think will bring you happiness. When you stop desiring and thinking -- that blankness beyond words that remains is You.

Because of mental habits, you may have to remind yourself of this over and over again.

But at the same time -- and this is the second, truer truth -- it should be kept in mind that that whole process doesn't exist, and all this time you are in Peace. There is actually no one who to has to "go back" to Peace over and over. And in fact you can safely drop that thought and just be Peace.

It is only if you are unable to be satisfied with that do you have to go back to the concept of repeated effort. But eventually you will "graduate" to the higher truth.

Perfect! I love that answer so much.  Ok so it seems my two top things to do (in context of being the Seeker) is to calm the mind through psychoanalysis, and then self inquiry to solidify in mind that which I truly am, which is beyond story, only to find that this was the case all along. Bring it on! 

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Perfect! I love that answer so much.  Ok so it seems my two top things to do (in context of being the Seeker) is to calm the mind through psychoanalysis, and then self inquiry to solidify in mind that which I truly am, which is beyond story, only to find that this was the case all along. Bring it on! 

I'm rooting for you! The truth is you can't fail :D

22 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Can you be more specific? This is too broad a question.

Is relationship essential? What is the true purpose of relationship? How can one develop more conscious relationship? Sometimes relationship brings emotional turmoils. How to deal with those?

7 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

Is relationship essential? What is the true purpose of relationship? How can one develop more conscious relationship? Sometimes relationship brings emotional turmoils. How to deal with those?

Yes, relationship is essential, because being in the world you will interact with other people. The true purpose of it is to turn you back towards Self, to remind you that the real source of love and security is not out there, but is your nature. 

To develop more conscious relationships & to deal with emotional turmoil, develop your own peace of mind through self-inquiry. When your actions come from a place of peace, your relationships will automatically improve. That is the #1 recommendation.

Start by listening to your own feelings. Can you feel your own feelings? What do you need and want? Do not judge your feelings.

Then, learn to listen to the other person's feelings and needs, and try to express to them that you are hearing them. And then express your feelings and needs. It is this communication of true emotions between people that helps relationships.

Obviously, all the stuff I have said before -- therapy, writing/drawing/using art to express your emotions, all helps with this.