winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,356 posts in this topic

On 24.04.2019 at 2:37 PM, winterknight said:

Even if someone doesn't want to have an honest conversation with you, it can help to simply write down or say out loud what you would want to say to them or ask them. You can roleplay the situation. That can help clarify your feelings.

I've done that many times but it seems to bring even more confusion.

17 hours ago, winterknight said:

No, what is that?

It's the idea of person who's your "soul's mirror" and brings sense of wholness and familiarity also elevating your self knowledge and pushing you towrads your true self.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wavydude said:

I've done that many times but it seems to bring even more confusion.

Right. So this may go deeper than this one person, and it may involve forces outside of your consciousness. You can keep trying to imagine different scenarios, see how you feel in each, express yourself about those feelings, and then try different scenarios. That's how you might generate some more clarity.

But the other larger possibility is that this sort of anger and confusion is a recurring problem in your life.

It might be time to look for a good psychoanalytic psychotherapist (not just any therapist), which I always recommend to all serious seekers anyway. A good one is worth the time, effort, and money. Message me if you have any difficulty finding one.

Quote

It's the idea of person who's your "soul's mirror" and brings sense of wholness and familiarity also elevating your self knowledge and pushing you towrads your true self.

Ah, ok. Well in most non-dual traditions that would be called a guru :)


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 26.3.2019 at 7:44 PM, winterknight said:

I don't really answer questions about "my" experience because the answers are always misleading.

Alright, let's try again: Should sex feel better before or after enlightenment? Also how often do enlightened people cry? If an enlightened person stubs his toe, does it hurt? Does that pain = suffering? If so, do enlightened people suffer?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Alright, let's try again: Should sex feel better before or after enlightenment? Also how often do enlightened people cry? If an enlightened person stubs his toe, does it hurt? Does that pain = suffering? If so, do enlightened people suffer?

Why do you want to know the answers to these questions? What purpose would it serve you to know them?


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, winterknight said:

Why do you want to know the answers to these questions? What purpose would it serve you to know them?

To understand the depth of suffering, pleasure, and pain, and how it relates to enlightenment. It's the most central aspects of life. What purpose would it "not" serve knowing this things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

To understand the depth of suffering, pleasure, and pain, and how it relates to enlightenment. It's the most central aspects of life. What purpose would it "not" serve knowing this things?

It paints false pictures that mislead seekers. Suffice to know that enlightenment is the end of your suffering. All the rest will only make you fantasize about something incorrect and make it harder for you to see the truth. 


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you share with us any useful guided meditations on YouTube that you may know about? Or perhaps if you're interested, you could make one on your own channel? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Buba said:

Why did you do this?

There's no single answer to that question. Anyhow I don't really answer questions about 'my' experience or motivations. Isn't helpful.

51 minutes ago, Gudakesha said:

Can you share with us any useful guided meditations on YouTube that you may know about? Or perhaps if you're interested, you could make one on your own channel? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions!

A guided meditation is an interesting idea. Don't have one yet. Meanwhile, follow these instructions for self-inquiry.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do enlightened people daydream? Fantasize?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Buba said:

Do enlightened people daydream? Fantasize?

Don't really answer questions about the experiences of 'enlightened people'; the answers are always misleading. But if you have questions about your path, I'd be happy to answer.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight you are really patient and kind enough to avoid the questions which are actually distractions and not in anyway helpful to the seekers 🙏🙏🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, winterknight said:

Suffice to know that enlightenment is the end of your suffering.

How can I know what this really means if I don't know the difference between pain and suffering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

How can I know what this really means if I don't know the difference between pain and suffering?

You know what suffering means (compared to pain or otherwise) in your experience. No need to worry about what it means in the "enlightened" experience. Your suffering will be gone. That's the promise.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, winterknight said:

You know what suffering means (compared to pain or otherwise) in your experience. No need to worry about what it means in the "enlightened" experience. Your suffering will be gone. That's the promise.

So what you're saying is that the mind-body identification with suffering ceases, but suffering itself doesn't cease?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

So what you're saying is that the mind-body identification with suffering ceases, but suffering itself doesn't cease?

That's one way of putting it, but like all ways of putting it, it's inaccurate and incomplete.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now