winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight Hi, thanks for doing this. I follow this thread, your blog and videos, which I find very persuasive, as well as the path you've outlined and the self inquiry method. Thanks again! 

I have a down to earth question. What and why changes in how you live your daily life after you get enlightened? Your routines? Things you do? Anything at all? 

12 minutes ago, JD8 said:

@winterknight Hi, thanks for doing this. I follow this thread, your blog and videos, which I find very persuasive, as well as the path you've outlined and the self inquiry method. Thanks again! 

Glad to hear it! You're very welcome.

I have a down to earth question. What and why changes in how you live your daily life after you get enlightened? Your routines? Things you do? Anything at all?

I don't generally talk about my own experience, because it's so misleading. Physically the actions I took didn't change all that much, except that I started teaching.

What matters is the psychic reality, which is both so simple and so indescribable. Because in truth I do not do things at all. I do not do things, I do not experience things. But that is incomprehensible unless one has touched something beyond the intellect. So it's really pointless to try to explain.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Can one become so that one knows answers to all questions?

7 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Can one become so that one knows answers to all questions?

No, but one can become so that all questions are seen as meaningless.

(Well, actually, perhaps one can become one who knows the answers to all questions -- that would be God.)

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

So the one who created everything cant know the answers to the things he/she/it created? How did he/she/it create it in the first place?

As an enlightened person you speak truth because false is not in your list of words. 

What about the normal people living out there who like to talk about Kim khardasians ass and American football. 

It seems it would be frowned upon as an enlightened person to speak lies of this because automatically they would have to make distinctions and judge something. I.e Kim k does not have a nice ass you might say to your non- friend or “fuck you the red socks suck” this in its right mind would be impossible for the enlightened person to think because he makes no distinctions, everything is one. 

So my question is: 

can the guy who is enlightened, play the roll he does not believe to be true to get along with the people around them to experience life through that facade with the other characters 

it is said that the enlightened person plays the fool talking non sense and gibberish as others don’t understand- which is fine. But why not just play the facade to keep others happy I.e family members or friends who ARENT spiritual at all ? 

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

As an enlightened person you speak truth because false is not in your list of words. 

What about the normal people living out there who like to talk about Kim khardasians ass and American football. 

It seems it would be frowned upon as an enlightened person to speak lies of this because automatically they would have to make distinctions and judge something. I.e Kim k does not have a nice ass you might say to your non- friend or “fuck you the red socks suck” this in its right mind would be impossible for the enlightened person to think because he makes no distinctions, everything is one. 

This is exactly why it's a bad idea to talk about what enlightenment is like. It leads to all kinds of misconceptions. No, this is a total misunderstanding. Don't try to understand what enlightenment is like in words. Read the scriptures, spend time in the company of spiritual teachers, and look within. Stop worrying about whether the enlightened person plays roles, etc. This is a total waste of time.

Thank god , I was so worried this might be the case. Okay thanks for the guidance. 

@winterknight what is karma?

I've been observing it happened to others a lot.

A few days ago, I saw it happened to an 11 month-old baby. 

(He got it pretty rough. Ouch. With another kid...)

Is it unavoidable?

I saw it happened to an enlightened being as well. (Even rougher)

Is it best that we accumulate positive karma and avoid bad ones?

I've only become conscious of this dynamic this year. 

If you're not aware, karma won't get back to you. In other words, you simply don't realize it happening?..

Or it means you have transcend it altogether? 

1 hour ago, Angelite said:

@winterknight what is karma?

I've been observing it happened to others a lot.

A few days ago, I saw it happened to an 11 month-old baby. 

(He got it pretty rough. Ouch. With another kid...)

Is it unavoidable?

I saw it happened to an enlightened being as well. (Even rougher)

Is it best that we accumulate positive karma and avoid bad ones?

I've only become conscious of this dynamic this year. 

If you're not aware, karma won't get back to you. In other words, you simply don't realize it happening?..

Or it means you have transcend it altogether? 

Karma is simply the law of cause and effect in operation. Everything has causes, and everything causes effects. 

Karma happens to the body-mind whether it realizes it or not. As to how the seeker should approach it, there is a multi-fold approach.
On the one hand, the seeker needs to be in touch with what they really want. This is a process that takes experimentation and being honest about one's feelings. This will in fact calm and purify the mind, and you could say that’s a kind of good karma.

On the other hand, the seeker needs to bear in mind that karma only affects the body-mind, and that they are not the body-mind. They are the Self, which karma cannot touch. So, surrendering all worries about good and bad karma, the mind should remain calm, intensely relaxed or intensely focused on self-inquiry.

One cannot deliberately transcend karma. One can attempt to bear with whatever karma happens and to focus the mind on self-inquiry, and then the transcendence may happen by itself at some point.

before few days i was in psychotherapy session should i make some extra work after therapy - analyze my thoughts,feelings or just leave it ?

33 minutes ago, sidaz10 said:

before few days i was in psychotherapy session should i make some extra work after therapy - analyze my thoughts,feelings or just leave it ?

Bring that question up to your therapist.

12 hours ago, winterknight said:

Karma is simply the law of cause and effect in operation. Everything has causes, and everything causes effects. 

Karma happens to the body-mind whether it realizes it or not. As to how the seeker should approach it, there is a multi-fold approach.
On the one hand, the seeker needs to be in touch with what they really want. This is a process that takes experimentation and being honest about one's feelings. This will in fact calm and purify the mind, and you could say that’s a kind of good karma.

On the other hand, the seeker needs to bear in mind that karma only affects the body-mind, and that they are not the body-mind. They are the Self, which karma cannot touch. So, surrendering all worries about good and bad karma, the mind should remain calm, intensely relaxed or intensely focused on self-inquiry.

One cannot deliberately transcend karma. One can attempt to bear with whatever karma happens and to focus the mind on self-inquiry, and then the transcendence may happen by itself at some point.

Ok

Do I have to still continue with spiritual practices post enlightenment?

1 hour ago, cena655 said:

Do I have to still continue with spiritual practices post enlightenment?

Get there first and ask again. This question itself comes from a lack of clarity.

5 minutes ago, cena655 said:

@winterknight Ok, I promise, I will :)

Thats the spirit.

All the best! :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

21 hours ago, WHO IS said:

So the one who created everything cant know the answers to the things he/she/it created? How did he/she/it create it in the first place?

Good question. If the question is framed that way, the answer can only be known by God, as I said.

If you self-inquire deeply, however, you will see that the frame of the question is not what it seems.

@winterknight i had an Epiphany today, since i finally decided how i wanted to help humanity, i finally recieved some clarity. however i quickly realised even if i achieved this goal i wouldn't be happy. even if i lived the best life i could think of it wouldnt have made a difference 

Does this mean that enlightenment is really about pleasure and pain. that one can never be happy if he identifies with either or thinks that he will be happy in the future 

is this also why enlightened people dont feel like changing things in physical reality. they don't see it as an issue because theyre at piece? 

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight i had an Epiphany today, since i finally decided how i wanted to help humanity, i finally recieved some clarity. however i quickly realised even if i achieved this goal i wouldn't be happy. even if i lived the best life i could think of it wouldnt have made a difference 

Does this mean that enlightenment is really about pleasure and pain. that one can never be happy if he identifies with either or thinks that he will be happy in the future 

is this also why enlightened people dont feel like changing things in physical reality. they don't see it as an issue because theyre at piece? 

When you ask all these questions and post on the forums, what are you feeling? What do you hope to get out of them?