winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, winterknight said:

I don't answer questions about my experience, because the answers are always misleading. But if you want to ask about your path, feel free.

Will I want to procrastinate on meditation and masturbate after realizing my true nature and raising my consciousness?

Will my cravings subside by raising consciousness? Will I naturally want to do high consciousness things?

Edited by CreamCat

47 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Will I want to procrastinate on meditation and masturbate after realizing my true nature and raising my consciousness?

Will my cravings subside by raising consciousness? Will I naturally want to do high consciousness things?

Those questions won't make any sense after realizing your true nature.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

14 hours ago, winterknight said:

Nothing is solely anything. He has misinterpreted things this way because of his underlying psychology.

If he wants a purely spiritual way to deal with it, then he has to engage in further self-inquiry relentlessly and look deep within to see to whom this 'dark night' is occurring. But even then psychoanalysis helps with that process.

I have been visiting psychotherapists for 6 years and there is zero effect. Can I learn psychoanalysis myself and apply it on myself?

6 hours ago, Buba said:

I have been visiting psychotherapists for 6 years and there is zero effect. Can I learn psychoanalysis myself and apply it on myself?

The fact that you can ask that question suggests your current treatment is a bad match for your needs. The answer is no. Can you perform surgery on yourself? 

Therapy is not all the same. Therapists are not all the same.

Are you located in Azerbaijan? Is that right? Well if so, psychoanalytic options -- and probably therapy generally -- are probably limited.

But I'd try sending a message to the Azerbaijan Center for Psychoanalysis and asking for a referral. Let me know if you have any problems.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

1) Is an enlightened one simultaneously both the Self and a limited human? Or is he only the Self?

2) What is the role of consciously chosen set of values before and after enlightenment?

3) Is it a valid practice towards enlightenment if I simply drop the idea that I am a person once and for all?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

22 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

If the beginning and the end are the self, then what is the road from the beginning to the end?

Well, if you follow the metaphor, there clearly can be no road to get where one already is.

But there is the appearance of a difference between beginning and end, and thus of a need for a road, which is why all these practices are created -- to look into that appearance. When it's looked into, it vanishes.

Edited by winterknight

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

1) Is an enlightened one simultaneously both the Self and a limited human? Or is he only the Self?

2) What is the role of consciously chosen set of values before and after enlightenment?

1. The enlightened one is beyond these kinds of distinctions.

2. Before enlightenment, they can help or hinder the quietness of mind conducive to the truth.

After enlightenment, there is no identification with a chooser, and thus no one to say that values are either consciously chosen or not.

19 minutes ago, winterknight said:

1. The enlightened one is beyond these kinds of distinctions.

I heard some 'enlightened' teachers preach and give the person some sort of reality as well. Is that kind of a joke or for teaching purpose? or are they just pretending to be enlightened while playing into everyone's cup?

** I also edited by last post and added a 3rd question. Hope you respond to that. Thanks

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

What is your opinion of psychiatry.

Have you ever experienced god in a non dual sense?

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

I heard some 'enlightened' teachers preach and give the person some sort of reality as well. Is that kind of a joke or for teaching purpose? or are they just pretending to be enlightened while playing into everyone's cup?

** I also edited by last post and added a 3rd question. Hope you respond to that. Thanks

Well, no generalizations can be made about that, because it depends on who they're speaking to and the context. For example, one could say "people are real not as independent objects but as the Self." What this means is not something the intellect can readily understand.

In fact, people can neither be said to be real nor unreal. Nothing can be said that is ultimately true. All the metaphysical generalizations are false, though some are more conducive to self-investigation than others.

The third question above was:

3) Is it a valid practice towards enlightenment if I simply drop the idea that I am a person once and for all?

It's a valid practice to simply drop all thought and effort, including that idea, but not just that idea.

2 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

What is your opinion of psychiatry.

Psychiatry can be useful for certain people with brain-based disorders. If by psychiatry you're including therapy, I'm a big proponent of psychoanalysis and/or psychoanalytic psychotherapy (not just any therapy). Here's how to find an analyst.

Have you ever experienced god in a non dual sense?

There is only the experience of god in a non-dual sense. "I" cannot experience it.

22 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

@Preetom I don't really agree with his answer so here's another perspective:

1) You experience the egoic self just as before, but you can distinguish between it and the self.

2) I think you mean like 5 precepts in buddhism etc. You are essentially mimicking the behaviour of an enlightened being - you do not NEED to adhere to such things but it can help. After you are enlightened you go about yourself as you will without any fuss over your morality - everything you do in consciousness will be ultimately moral.

3) It won't help because you're feeding an idea of what you think it will be. The realisation of no self is not that you are not a person - it's hard to say without some incorrect notion being attached to it. It might even make things harder as you should tend to that person very lovingly, not disregard it.

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Psychiatry can be useful for certain people with brain-based disorders. If by psychiatry you're including therapy, I'm a big proponent of psychoanalysis and/or psychoanalytic psychotherapy (not just any therapy). Here's how to find an analyst.

There is only the experience of god in a non-dual sense. "I" cannot experience it.

I will take that to mean you have not.

What is a brain based disorder? I think it is very dangerous. You have a lot of people who claim to be experts when in fact they no very little whilst playing with psychoactive drugs on vulnerable people.

If you believe you are enlightened, what is your next step to improvement? Or do you believe you have reached the end and have nothing further to improve?

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

15 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

I will take that to mean you have not.

What is a brain based disorder? I think it is very dangerous. You have a lot of people who claim to be experts when in fact they no very little whilst playing with psychoactive drugs on vulnerable people.

No. There are certain psychotic and mood disorders that are clearly helped through the use of medicine.

14 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

If you believe you are enlightened, what is your next step to improvement? Or do you believe you have reached the end and have nothing further to improve?

I don't really talk about my experience because it's always misleading. But feel free to ask questions about your path.

Just now, winterknight said:

No. There are certain psychotic and mood disorders that are clearly helped through the use of medicine.

A mood disorder? Please tell... 

26 minutes ago, winterknight said:

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I don't really talk about my experience because it's always misleading. But feel free to ask questions about your path.

@jbram2002 I don't think he's enlightened at all. A scholar for sure, I think he has learned some wisdoms enlightenment brings and has mistaken the woken state for enlightenment. 

Edited by Druid420
irrelevant section of quote removed