winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I don't really talk about my experience because it's always misleading. But feel free to ask questions about your path.

If nonduality is a part of your enlightenment, then you know that your path is my path. 

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

20 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

@jbram2002 I don't think he's enlightened at all. A scholar for sure, I think he has learned some wisdoms enlightenment brings and has mistaken the woken state for enlightenment. 

Well guess what you can never know if anyone is enlightened or not, that too over an internet forum lol. Take whatever appeals to you and leave the rest

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Well guess what you can never know if anyone is enlightened or not, that too over an internet forum lol. Take whatever appeals to you and leave the rest

You're right but you can get a pretty good idea. I have a pretty good idea.

I think I misread you: if you were saying you can never know if someone is enlightened or not full stop that is wrong. In person you could tell with as little as a glance. On an Internet forum you've got to try and follow their words and discern from that.

Edited by Druid420

@Druid420 ok let me share my experience.I was suffering from paranoia.I used imagine people are plotting against me,intentionally insulting me etc.I used to suspect every one I interacted with including parents friends even kids.

Because of that used to suffer.Get hurt.Couldnt over come that.

No matter what my patients sister tried to convince I couldn't trust them because I was pretty sure it's happening.So no sleep,anxiety constant anger.It was hell.

I was suffering from depression as well.The root cause of depression was paranoia.

So after 2 to 3 physchiatrists they couldn't treat that properly.Finally luckily found one very elderly experienced doc who gave the right medicine to cure that.

When paranoia was cured automatically depression vanished.Even when it comes occasionally it goes quickly.

So never undermine treatment.Though I was not aware of the therapists then nor the doctors suggested one.That was a mistake on their part I would say.

Did you become conscious of how you designed your body?

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

It is not a sat down planned designed thing. It is a manifestation, a form of consciousness.

2 minutes ago, Jkris said:

So never undermine treatment.Though I was not aware of the therapists then nor the doctors suggested one.That was a mistake on their part I would say.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@Druid420 The experience of egoic self or me has to vanish go completely.Thats my theoretical understanding of the words of Nisargadatta Maharaj,Osho etc.complete absence of I or me feeling.

1 minute ago, Jkris said:

@Druid420 ok let me share my experience.I was suffering from paranoia.I used imagine people are plotting against me,intentionally insulting me etc.I used to suspect every one I interacted with including parents friends even kids.

Because of that used to suffer.Get hurt.Couldnt over come that.

No matter what my patients sister tried to convince I couldn't trust them because I was pretty sure it's happening.So no sleep,anxiety constant anger.It was hell.

I was suffering from depression as well.The root cause of depression was paranoia.

So after 2 to 3 physchiatrists they couldn't treat that properly.Finally luckily found one very elderly experienced doc who gave the right medicine to cure that.

When paranoia was cured automatically depression vanished.Even when it comes occasionally it goes quickly.

I am not saying that Psychiatry is a completely lost cause, what I'm saying is they all rate themselves with much more knowledge than they actually have. Even where you got the right help and on a medication that helps you, you clearly show it was a guessing game to get there - and I would not be convinced the medications aren't causing other systems to become unbalanced. 

The biggest problem is that most of society will put the psychiatrist on a pedestal and take their word as law. If any profession should be questioned heavily it is psychiatry

5 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

The design of the body is a thought. Enlightenment does not give you information about thoughts.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 minute ago, Jkris said:

@Druid420 The experience of egoic self or me has to vanish go completely.Thats my theoretical understanding of the words of Nisargadatta Maharaj,Osho etc.complete absence of I or me feeling.

Yes, but it will never happen through a conscious effort. That's why you have teachings like focusing on the breath, or feeling the life energy in the body etc. You want to draw your mind away from thought. If you stop thinking there is no more egoic self.

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The design of the body is a thought. Enlightenment does not give you information about thoughts.

But, Leo Gura said in one of his recent videos that he became conscious of how he designed every detail of his body including his hairs. I love the design of his beard.

Edited by CreamCat

2 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

If there was no difference between that start and end of things then everything in every state would be the same which is not true, everything is a cycle hence why they are connected and there is a different start and different ending hence why things are different. But again since everything is a cycle the start and the end are one step away from each other for the one who knows those things.

You are mentioning the conventional understanding of beginning and end. The idea that there is no difference between the start and end of things is pointing to something which goes beyond the mind. If you want to know that, you have to follow the path of self-inquiry.

Edited by winterknight

2 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

But, Leo Gura said in one of his recent videos that he became conscious of how he designed every detail of his body including his hairs. I love the design of his beard.

Different people say different things. You'll have to ask him about all that...

@winterknight "Wich One thing makes letting go of attachments as easy as possible?" This question i contemplate a lot in recent times. What do you think? Because I'm sure there is this one thing that would make everything easier but what is it?

12 minutes ago, Yonkon said:

@winterknight "Wich One thing makes letting go of attachments as easy as possible?" This question i contemplate a lot in recent times. What do you think? Because I'm sure there is this one thing that would make everything easier but what is it?

It's looking into the I and finding inner peace. When that is touched, the mind wants more and more to be in that instead of thinking about all the other attachments.

1 hour ago, Jkris said:

Another way to say that... it is the cessation of the indenfication mechanism once and for all.

Enlightenment has nothing to do with the contents of thoughts, emotions and feelings. It is identification with objects that totally vanishes and thus the conceptual feeling of 'i' associated with phenomena vanishes as well.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

16 hours ago, winterknight said:

The fact that you can ask that question suggests your current treatment is a bad match for your needs. The answer is no. Can you perform surgery on yourself? 

Therapy is not all the same. Therapists are not all the same.

Are you located in Azerbaijan? Is that right? Well if so, psychoanalytic options -- and probably therapy generally -- are probably limited.

But I'd try sending a message to the Azerbaijan Center for Psychoanalysis and asking for a referral. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you winterknight, I would appreciate it.

If psychoanalytic fails, what  is the second option for Dark Night, Existential Crisis, Fear? :)

@winterknight I enjoyed this article of yours: https://www.siftingtothetruth.com/blog/2017/11/7/the-problems-with-the-power-of-now

It was Tolle who started this whole thing for me, after a recommendation from my dad. But I just can't get onboard with him as much as I try. The amount of times I've seen him on videos mocking people for feeling upset etc. There's no compassion there. Isn't this all supposed to be about love and compassion?

@winterknight

Hey! I'd like to know the impact of emotions during critical milestones in ones life post enlightenment, maybe like a huge breakthrough in career or a demise of close connection.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.