winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, wavydude said:

Yes I also can see that, If I do what you say the best option seems to be honest conversetion with that person to sort of better understand and unpack the situation but that doesn't seem to be happening, second best is to take revenge to make a point.

Other thing is I feel bad that I got myself in this situation in the first place.

Even if someone doesn't want to have an honest conversation with you, it can help to simply write down or say out loud what you would want to say to them or ask them. You can roleplay the situation. That can help clarify your feelings.

At base your feelings want you to listen to them, to feel them.

Also, just generally speaking, I always recommend psychoanalysis and/or psychoanalytic psychotherapy therapy to all seekers. Very helpful with dealing with our emotions. 

I've tried some self-inquiry but I'm in early stages and I think I need more quite mind thus I want resolve these feelings.

During inquiry I had thought "who is hearing this voice in my head" and I came to conclusion that there must be a "wittnes" to hear the voice and "the witness" cannot have the voice itself becouse there would be another witness to hear it so the only thing "witness" do is witnessing.

Is that the right direction ? How to push it further ?

Yes, this is the right direction. The question is who is noticing the witness? And read my link about it (and I have other materials on my website).

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

4 hours ago, sidaz10 said:

When i do Self inquiry should i be in meditate or any special pose, or just laying down and concentrate ?

You should start by sitting and end up doing it at all waking moments -- when you are walking, talking, working, playing, everything. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 hours ago, Jkris said:

This question is from my dad.

I am 80 years old following advaitha unable to reach the beyond.Being in I state is normal.Tell your suggestion.

Has he tried self-inquiry as I define it in this link? If not, he should try that.

12 hours ago, winterknight said:

Follow the instructions in the link I gave you... 

How can I know that I'll know when I find I? There is uncertainty in everything, even if it is minute. How can one know with absolute certainty that what it is is what it is? 

@winterknight Look for the I... Hmmm. Easier said that done clearly. How do you know when you have found it? Perhaps you can't find it? 

47 minutes ago, Zetxil said:

How can I know that I'll know when I find I? There is uncertainty in everything, even if it is minute. How can one know with absolute certainty that what it is is what it is? 

Because there is a way of knowing that is not mental. The mind is the instrument of doubt. That way of knowing cannot be explained. Look within and it will find you.

6 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@winterknight Look for the I... Hmmm. Easier said that done clearly. How do you know when you have found it? Perhaps you can't find it? 

Ha, look at the response directly before this one.

You won’t find what you think it is. You’ll know when you’re there for yourself because there is a place beyond doubt.

Have you tried following these instructions?

You also need an intellectual framework of some sort to understand why we’re doing what we’re doing, which you can get by reading books like mine as well as the scriptures

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Because there is a way of knowing that is not mental. The mind is the instrument of doubt. That way of knowing cannot be explained. Look within and it will find you.

If you can't explain the way of knowing, can you reliably say you are enlightened? You may know what it is, but if you can't explain/teach what you know, do you really know it? 

@Zetxil It is something which we never experienced in life. All our experiences are body mind.It is something beyond the body mind.It cannot be explained in words as words can explain only forms not formless Ness.Thats what all enlightened say.

You cannot grasp with mind as it is beyond mind.

So you have to try it for yourself.The external guru can only show the path and only you have to walk for yourself.

Edited by Jkris
Added

6 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Zetxil It is something which we never experienced in life. All our experiences are body mind.It is something beyond the body mind.It cannot be explained in words as words can explain only forms not formless Ness.Thats what all enlightened say.

You cannot grasp with mind as it is beyond mind.

So you have to try it for yourself.The external guru can only show the path and only you have to walk for yourself.

That seems to be what we are getting at, a commonality within formlessness, and trying to convey that into form.

We all will walk paths and when they cross we can have interesting conversations about both paths! (Metaphors are useful but not the aim of what we are going for here!)

Are all of your experiences body mind? Mine haven't been! That is almost the deffinition of an "out of body experience" haha

Are you also enlightened? It is pretty easy to spot when people speak of what they do not know! 

This is Leo’s self-inquiry technique:

“”“Sit comfortably and quietly, still your mind, and become aware of direct experience.

Notice that objects do not actually exist.

What is an object really?

In actuality, all you have are ever-changing sensations. Not objects.

An object implies a static thing, but there are no static things in direct experience.

Notice that anything you might call a "thing" is changing every second.

Notice that anything you might call a "thing" is actually just a series of sensations. And all sensations are subtly vibrating and morphing all the time.

Notice that when you blink your eyes, whatever "object" you were looking at, literally disappears.

Notice this literally means: "that lamp you were looking at ceased to exist for a second."

Notice how the mind actively fudges direct experience to create the illusion of static, persistent objects, but that in fact there are no objects.

Every time you blink your eyes, the entire visual world disappears.

Become deeply conscious of this until your old paradigm of a static physical reality starts to break down.

Notice also that you as an object also do not exist.”””

As I understand in my direct experience there are no static things. But in objective reality there are. When I close my eyes, other people see those objects.  

If I saw an object and when I closed my eyes my mind told me that there is an object although not in my direct experience, why is it bad? It serves me. If my mind tells me there is an object, I can avoid it in the darkness and not get hurt.

@Zetxil I am not enlightened nor I haven't had out of body experience.

If you had an out of body experience so you know you are not the body mind.so are you enlightened ?

Words are the only means of communication.You say out of body experience I don't.

Now can you explain it to me ? No matter you explain I won't or cannot experience it just because of your explanation in words unless and other wise I have a direct experience of that.

12 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Zetxil I am not enlightened nor I haven't had out of body experience.

If you had an out of body experience so you know you are not the body mind.so are you enlightened ?

Words are the only means of communication.You say out of body experience I don't.

Now can you explain it to me ? No matter you explain I won't or cannot experience it just because of your explanation in words unless and other wise I have a direct experience of that.

@Jkris I can say I am enlightened or I can't, but there is no proof that I can give you so you believe me in either way. You can only decide who is/what is enlightenment for yourself. I am pretty open to answering questions though! (However this is @winterknight's thread so I won't repeat or take away from what he has already stated!)

Words (and subtle usage of emojis ?) seem to be the only way I can communicate on a forum with just typed answers ?

Now, to make you experience what I have experienced is a different manner all together, becuase no two experiences are exactly the same. There are similarities within experiences, nothing will be exactly the same from person to person, time to time, place to place. Which again is what we are trying for: to identify similarities and bring them to form! 

4 hours ago, Zetxil said:

If you can't explain the way of knowing, can you reliably say you are enlightened? You may know what it is, but if you can't explain/teach what you know, do you really know it? 

I'm not particularly worried about whether I know it or not... but if you're worried, you should read my posts and see if they resonate. If they don't, I'd consider trying someone else's instruction.

8 hours ago, Zetxil said:

Because the one asking the questions will vanish, and also the questions, there will be no question nor an ' I ' to ask the question, there will be no one to have the uncertainty

Have you heard about the idea of twin flame ? Any thoughts/experience on that ?

On 24.04.2019 at 2:37 PM, winterknight said:

Even if someone doesn't want to have an honest conversation with you, it can help to simply write down or say out loud what you would want to say to them or ask them. You can roleplay the situation. That can help clarify your feelings.

I've done that many times but it seems to bring even more confusion.

17 hours ago, winterknight said:

No, what is that?

It's the idea of person who's your "soul's mirror" and brings sense of wholness and familiarity also elevating your self knowledge and pushing you towrads your true self.

6 hours ago, wavydude said:

I've done that many times but it seems to bring even more confusion.

Right. So this may go deeper than this one person, and it may involve forces outside of your consciousness. You can keep trying to imagine different scenarios, see how you feel in each, express yourself about those feelings, and then try different scenarios. That's how you might generate some more clarity.

But the other larger possibility is that this sort of anger and confusion is a recurring problem in your life.

It might be time to look for a good psychoanalytic psychotherapist (not just any therapist), which I always recommend to all serious seekers anyway. A good one is worth the time, effort, and money. Message me if you have any difficulty finding one.

It's the idea of person who's your "soul's mirror" and brings sense of wholness and familiarity also elevating your self knowledge and pushing you towrads your true self.

Ah, ok. Well in most non-dual traditions that would be called a guru :)