Tony 845

Is not eating Meat crucial for Enlightenment?

68 posts in this topic

Also when Enlightent happens people say it's ego death, then how do you still function is there's no inner monalog??? 

They refer to the old body system patterns and neural pathways. 

Not eating meat is optimum, but not an impairment to enlightenment. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Tony 845 many people believe that their thoughts are responsible for their decisions...

I challenge you to look into your direct experience and see that most of your decisions are not logical but feeling-based.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I challenge you to self-inquire while you are eating a rack of ribs ;)

Test your theory.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No but you'll be healthier and have more energy.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The question you've put externally is a question that needs to be put internally.  What do you think about your own question?  Can you give us what you think first, and then we'll comment on that?  

The day I stopped eating meat was the day I stopped being depressed. Which came as a huge surprise. I anticipated an impact on the body, but it also had a huuge impact on the mind. Which I never hear people talk about.

Its a very personal thing though. For me, it was simply a realigning to my own resonance. A very natural transition. For you it might be different. Try it out and see for yourself.

Why is killing animals any more wrong than killing insects?  Why is killing animals any more wrong than killing trees?  Who is doing the killing?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why is killing animals any more wrong than killing insects?  Why is killing animals any more wrong than killing trees?  Who is doing the killing?  

Go work in a slaugther house fo a week, then come back here to say this again.

I bet you won't.

God is love

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

Go work in a slaugther house fo a week, then come back here to say this again.

I bet you won't.

Have you ever smelled the after affects of a bunch of trees being cut down?  Have you ever thought about all the trees that are unnecessarily cut down so people can bring dead young pine trees into their homes for Christmas?  Have you ever actually had a couple of trees that you care for and realized that trees are alive and need love just like animals do?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Outer said:

Trees have intelligence, not sentience.

How do you know what it's like to be a tree?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How do you know what it's like to be a tree?

I don't hear trees screaming for several minutes after having their throat severed.

God is love

And God in them

@Outer do you not feel anything whatsoever when you see people chopping down trees? 

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Have you ever smelled the after affects of a bunch of trees being cut down?  Have you ever thought about all the trees that are unnecessarily cut down so people can bring dead young pine trees into their homes for Christmas?  Have you ever actually had a couple of trees that you care for and realized that trees are alive and need love just like animals do?  

♥️♥️♥️

Just now, Shin said:

I don't hear trees screaming for several minutes after having their throat severed.

Does that make dying and death any less real for trees than it is for animals?  Sure you identify more with animals, but dying and death actually occurs in more than just animals.  I feel like I'm entering a Stage Green trap here and there is no reasoning about this.  This is one of those Stage Green moral triggers.  Stage Green just goes bananas when talking about the suffering of animals and there's no reasoning with them about it.  It's like criticizing God to the face of a religious Stage Blue person.  It's just not going to be received well, and they're not going to be open to discussing it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Go and chop off a random branch of an sycamore tree and watch how it defends itself

Just now, Outer said:

Not relative to if you chainsawed a cow.

We kill cows all the time too.  Do you feel bad when you kill a fruit fly?  Doesn't a fruit fly have a consciousness in there too that you so callously erase from existence?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Outer said:

It's intelligent, not sentient. A robot can also defend itself.

And? She asked if I feel emotions when someone chops down a tree, I feel nothing in comparison to a cow.

That says more about your bias than anything else.  But can you extend beyond your own bias?  if you rip the loose bark off a dead tree and callously step on and squash a community of 1000 potato bugs living in the space between the bark and the tree, doesn't that register something to you as well?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillidium_vulgare

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Does that make dying and death any less real for trees than it is for animals?  Sure you identify more with animals, but dying and death actually occurs in more than just animals.  I feel like I'm entering a Stage Green trap here and there is no reasoning about this.  This is one of those Stage Green moral triggers.  Stage Green just goes bananas when talking about the suffering of animals and there's no reasoning with them about it.  It's like criticizing God to the face of a religious Stage Blue person.  It's just not going to be received well, and they're not going to be open to discussing it.

I didn't say cutting trees are a good thing, or that I didn't care.

Even from an egotistical point of view it is stupid, since if we don't stop we will die from a lack of oxygen.

We have other ways to build what we need without killing anything now.

I'm just saying that some people use this kind of excuse to continue to eat meat, and it is a preposterous excuse.

God is love

And God in them