John Iverson

I want to know, to all Actualizers here, who are the people that inspires you

40 posts in this topic

In your own, Hero's Journey.. what are your lessons about that person.. and what makes him/her great

i also want to know if how you and that person connect to each other? 

What are their qualities ?

There was this beautiful girl I dated, people on the street watch her in awe. She had to go usually early. In this case, I could not sleep all night. One time was like that: I read one book to the end. Grabbed the next. Decided to go jogging and run 1+ hour straight (which I don't do usually). Cleaned the whole flat... The odd thing was that I wasn't in love. It was more like I received mass tons of energy from her. Pure magic.

I think the lesson is that life is precious. Sounds basic, but I deeply understand it at that time.

She was chaotic, fun and good to have around. Do you know Momo from Michael Ende? Like that.

She was friends with my roommate...

Edited by supremeyingyang

-David Goggins

David Goggins alone is all the inspiration you need.

-Leo Gura

-TJ Reeves

Jordan Peterson! ... kidding...

A guy who inspires me is Felipe Marx (a Brazilian guy who teaches self-development), some RSD guys (Owen Cook, Maximilian Berger and Julien Blanc) and Teal Swan.

Edited by brugluiz

for me it is Jack Canfield , Eckart Tolle and Napoleon Hill 

and not to sound too bullshitty , Leo too.

1) Nisargadatta Maharaj (For the ultimate rags to riches story. From being an illiterate, poor, cheap cigarette seller to being the absolute reality, the God of all gods)
2) Rupert Spira (For reaching the pinnacle of living understanding to a complete satisfactory level)

3) Leo Gura (For researching and bringing out least known potential treasures into mainstream)

4) Ramana Maharshi (To be one of the leading guys to cut through the jargon of unending hindu scriptures and prejudices and go to the heart of the matter unapologetically )

5) Swami Vivekananda (for displaying the iron will of mind)

Plus several other musicians and artists for their respective works

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

When I dropped the outside expectations and ideal teachers, and quit all the knowledge of the world, I've awakened. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 10/24/2018 at 6:30 AM, Hellspeed said:

When I dropped the outside expectations and ideal teachers, and quit all the knowledge of the world, I've awakened. 

So the only thing that you admire is yourself? Haha

A lot of different people i see on the internet or know in real life. The biggest influences are Leo and Hayao Miyazaki through his art.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

elon musk and franz liszt.

i really admire elon musk's drive and i admire how great franz liszt became and all the things he had to face in order to get that good, in my opinion, no one else is that good at composing music or at the piano.

hmm.

The first person who introduced me to the whole realm of spirituality was Jordan, the creator of Spirit Science. I still to this day remember i was a senior in high school and stood up all the way until 4am watching these videos because i was so awestruck...law of attraction? crystals attracting stuff you want? astral projection? meditation? it sucked me in. After discovering this, i started discovering more and more green minded people, Teal Swan particularly stook out. I felt like she just gets everything. i discovered Leo around this time as well. His drive and no laziness way of working got me to stick around. 

THen during freshman year of uni i found out about Charis Melina Brown,...shes a shaman woman, super into divine femininity.

Also one of our biology professors gave the most compelling lectures (he talked about infinite dimensions and parallel universes and all this Dr. Strange type stuff !!!) ill never forget that. He was so into his work

Now i stick mostly to Leo and Teal +books on the booklist

6 hours ago, John Lula said:

I'll just name them instead of describing all of my reasons for why.

Inspires me:

• Peter Ralson
  • David Goggins
  • Alan Watts
  • Adyashanti
  • Jordan Peterson
  • Terrence Mckenna
  • Ido Portal
  • Marcus Aurelius
  • Leo Gura
  • Om Swami
  • Osho
  • Carl Jung
  • Sadhguru
  • Byron Katie
  • Eckhart Tolle
  • Oogway from Kung Fu Panda

Who are these people for you?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, moon777light said:

hmm.

The first person who introduced me to the whole realm of spirituality was Jordan, the creator of Spirit Science. I still to this day remember i was a senior in high school and stood up all the way until 4am watching these videos because i was so awestruck...law of attraction? crystals attracting stuff you want? astral projection? meditation? it sucked me in. After discovering this, i started discovering more and more green minded people, Teal Swan particularly stook out. I felt like she just gets everything. i discovered Leo around this time as well. His drive and no laziness way of working got me to stick around. 

THen during freshman year of uni i found out about Charis Melina Brown,...shes a shaman woman, super into divine femininity.

Also one of our biology professors gave the most compelling lectures (he talked about infinite dimensions and parallel universes and all this Dr. Strange type stuff !!!) ill never forget that. He was so into his work

Now i stick mostly to Leo and Teal +books on the booklist

I'm interested to your professon :D the doctor strange thing..

Sadhguru, his humanity radiates so clearly I can't help but to aspire to that.

Something I told the Universe some time ago, is that I want to be a shining example of a child of Creation finding the Divine spark within. I wasn't sure what path that meant at the time, but it seems since them I've been thrusted rather forcefully down this path towards self-realization. It's like the Universe is saying, "Well you asked for it." 

Sadhguru embodies that wish perfectly.

Edited by Elysian
Grammar

23 hours ago, Elysian said:

Sadhguru, his humanity radiates so clearly I can't help but to aspire to that.

Something I told the Universe some time ago, is that I want to be a shining example of a child of Creation finding the Divine spark within. I wasn't sure what path that meant at the time, but it seems since them I've been thrusted rather forcefully down this path towards self-realization. It's like the Universe is saying, "Well you asked for it." 

Sadhguru embodies that wish perfectly.

Woaaa! I just absorb what you feel here! 

Leo does, but I have found motivation in fictional characters, mostly.