moon777light

How can i trust Leo when he always contradicts himself? ~Actuality video

45 posts in this topic

i am near the end of the actuality video, specifically at the part where he says to forget about prayer and yoga and stuff, that its all horseshit. And earlier in the episode he mentioned similar statements. But a few months ago, he praised yoga to be above almost any method and something along the lines of 'this will change your life like nothing else' and on this forum always mentions to do yoga. Now in this video he says forget about all that. How can we trust someone who contradicts himself a lot. Hes done this in the past too with other concepts. Thoughts?

i was thinking maybe the yoga and meditation techniques videos are aimed at "lower" spiral dynamic stages, like green  or orange-green mix (because their mind currently works by understanding concepts) whereas "higher" levels will transcend these techniques, so understanding actuality versus concept is more aimed at stage yellow-ers?

"How can i trust Leo"

You don't. Thats why you have to do the work for yourself. To validate.

"when he always contradicts himself?"

They likely happen at surface level interpretations. Remember what he says is getting filtered through your lens.

It's obvious theres value in both, so why not experiment and see how it works for you? Try this principle that I just made for you:

For every 10 hours of practise you get 10 minutes designated "wonder if Leo is misdirecting me" - time. Repeat until awakening. 

(I haven’t seen that video yet) Awareness has identified with the body / brain, that a person was born, in this family, on this earth, etc. Tons of concepts are being employed as filters ‘covering’ now. Yoga helps the intensity of focus on now, on actuality, vs the mind wondering and applying thought patterns to now. The key, is, forget the concept of “trusting someone”. In actuality, there isn’t someone else, so “trusting someone” else, is conceptual. 

How much of your now, is missed, as in not lived, due to living conceptually, ‘in your head’?

Why are you even looking to trust someone? Why are you even holding the belief there is someone / someone else?

Can you see how when you say “he” is contradicting himself, it is actually on the foundation that you are believing he is not you? Thus you are in actually contradicting yourself. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I get what you are saying I felt like that for a long time too. I felt that he was always moving the goal post. At first mindfulness meditation was what would get you to enlightenment then the fastest way was strong determination sitting then contemplation then what absolutely needed to be done was psychedelics and kriya yoga. Now I kinda look at the videos for motivation but I don't let them guide me because ironically the biggest distraction for me to getting a consistent practice was Leos videos.

He does it for emphasis, you decide whats the best for you. If you asked Leo right now its not like he would say ”Drop all the practices now” Dont be so stuck on Leos personality. Try shit for yourself.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

7 minutes ago, Aimblack said:

I get what you are saying I felt like that for a long time too. I felt that he was always moving the goal post. At first mindfulness meditation was what would get you to enlightenment then the fastest way was strong determination sitting then contemplation then what absolutely needed to be done was psychedelics and kriya yoga. Now I kinda look at the videos for motivation but I don't let them guide me because ironically the biggest distraction for me to getting a consistent practice was Leos videos.

you make it when you stop watching them, ( when you know why you stop watching them )

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@moon777light  I am confused as well, you are not alone hehe.

As @Strikr wrote, Leo made some points concerning this issue in the blog video "All understanding is metaphoric - part 2" around 18.30 (and maybe further).

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

How can we trust someone who contradicts himself a lot.

Whenever you come across a contradiction, watch very carefully. There is bound to be something of great significance. Life is contradictory!

51 minutes ago, Waves said:

@moon777light  I am confused as well, you are not alone hehe.

As @Strikr wrote, Leo made some points concerning this issue in the blog video "All understanding is metaphoric - part 2" around 18.30 (and maybe further).

i watched it just now, and yes i can see it now, i'm taking everything word for word literally. It must be my over-intellectual type of thinking thats getting in the way..

its realyl simple, we just overcomplicate everything

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

How much of your now, is missed, as in not lived, due to living conceptually, ‘in your head’?

A lot.

Edited by moon777light

He doesn't.

It only seems so because you didn't grasp experientially what he's saying.

You can't understand this with your mind, the only thing you can do with it is to understand what to DO (or not do).

Doing the work has nothing to do with thinking.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, moon777light said:

How can we trust someone who contradicts himself a lot.

A dogma has to be consistent, a creed has to be consistent. Leo is not trying to convert you to a certain belief; a belief has to be consistent. He is trying to give you a vision, not a belief.

For some people Yoga is very useful. For some people Yoga is harmful. Today you may not be fit for Yoga, in future Yoga may become beneficial for you.

Nobody can show you a path, find the way to become more alive, more blissful, more peaceful."Be a light unto yourself".

@moon777light when you get how thought works which is to get how you work all that becomes simple. You don’t get caught up in all the contradicting traps anymore and you don’t depend on anyone to explain. All the contents of thought. I started by understanding fear/pleasure and then went to other contents. People that discuss that are the most helpful. Talking about actuality’s that take place in our daily thinking. You will see instantly all the limitations that thought invented to solve its own created issues. ?

Edited by Jack River

Point your finger at the moon and everyone will see a different finger, but no one will see the moon.

Yoga is excellent!

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."   -- Emerson

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think what you meant is, at the end of the day the stuff you learn in yoga and meditations are just helpful concepts that need to be transcended at some point at it comes down to what is actual. But yoga is still a powerful tool for someone who is not at that advanced stage. Is that correct? probabl shouldnt have said yoga is horseshit, seems to confuse a lot of people here.

Edited by MM1988