Nahm

What would you want from a book?

62 posts in this topic

@Nahm Well i don't know what book you are writing, but a good books sums up its central point in its first paragraph :)

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

I would like to read a book that makes me remember to love. And makes me forget everything that I think I know. :) 

Every time you read a book a tree smiles knowing there's life after death :)

B R E A T H E

On 24/08/2018 at 7:12 AM, Nahm said:

If you were to read a book, and it could deliver to you, or give you anything, any realization, any knowledge, any wisdom, and knowing, clarity on anything,  guidance in life - etc,  etc. anything.....What would you most want from a book? 

Very good question...and a very hard one to answer. So far, I would like to know what I don't know. How can there be an answer to this if I don't know what it is, right? :) I came here because Leo presented spiritual enlightenment and nothingness in an excellent way, which led me to looking at Shinzen Young's clips.

I think I would like to read a book on, "Top 10 Unknown/Profound Things to Humankind." Well, these type of spiritual books are already written. But, the question is, how can I apply it to my own life? An answer to this question is going through a process of self-discovery. While we are living in our egos (body/embodiment), we are here to learn stuff and make life better. Yes, for the better is the goal because by nature no one wants to suffer or see others suffer.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, Nahm said:

I’m intrigued, but I don’t understand. Can you elaborate a little on that? Thanks!!!!

@Nahm @NoSelfSelf

I mean that what we think we want and what would actually most benefit us can be two radically different things. I could easily say, write a book about how to get rich quick (it sure seems to me like that is something I’d be most interested in), but then would be left unfulfilled and unhappy! 

Leo’s “10 important things you don’t know you want” video comes to mind. People often don’t really know what it is that they want. 

I would argue though that in the end, how to be as happy as possible, and feel the best possible emotions would be the most interesting read for me. 

Are you intending to write a book? Please keep us posted!

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

On 15/09/2018 at 8:43 PM, InfinitePotential said:

@Nahm @NoSelfSelf

I mean that what we think we want and what would actually most benefit us can be two radically different things. I could easily say, write a book about how to get rich quick (it sure seems to me like that is something I’d be most interested in), but then would be left unfulfilled and unhappy! 

Leo’s “10 important things you don’t know you want” video comes to mind. People often don’t really know what it is that they want. 

I would argue though that in the end, how to be as happy as possible, and feel the best possible emotions would be the most interesting read for me. 

Are you intending to write a book? Please keep us posted!

I would like to second this

Have you started your book already? And found a topic? Very intrigued!

The topics I was interested in were already mentioned, so no use in repeating them!

creating a book!?!? HOW EXCITING!!!! Nahm you animal! 

it must be unique (obviously), bold, dirty, lovely, wizardly, and fictitious. If it cannot fit all of these categories, it will be utter babble. 

Now i must ask...what do you want from this book? (which i must say is the only pertinent question) :)

On 10/2/2018 at 2:02 AM, DrewNows said:

Now i must ask...what do you want from this book? (which i must say is the only pertinent question) :)

Gave that some thought. 

Thank you. Seriously. ??

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Four sections of the book:

• A very personal and honest autobiography of a Self-realized person, which would describe the bittersweet journey of their life, inspire the readers and make them cry.
  • Their deepest insights about the true nature of Reality, God and the Ego. 
  •  Practical advice for people wanting to walk in their footsteps
  • A few pages with beautiful pictures of pastures and riverbeds.

Section 4 would be made out of LSD blotters. I'd buy that book, and use it too.;)

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard