David Turcot

Tired of not being enlightened, where can I find a master?

70 posts in this topic

Or are we just keyboard sages who think we know the truth? There is merit in seeking out a teacher that can facilitate the process and stop us from wasting time. Depends where you are in your “search” I think. Many factors

On 7/29/2018 at 8:38 PM, David Turcot said:

searching for enlightened for 20 years now.

Those who are in search will need infinite patience. Impatience simply shows that you are not trustful. Patience means if it takes an eternity it is okay , I will trust, I will hope. 

The more impatient you are for it, the less is the possibility, and if you are patient, it is bound to come. The more patient you are, the closer it is. 

if you have tried hard, give up all the effort. Don't be serious about becoming enlightened or not and you will probably become enlightened

11 minutes ago, Laymen said:

if you have tried hard, give up all the effort. Don't be serious about becoming enlightened or not and you will probably become enlightened

I am starting to see that effort is the prob. I don’t even mean seeking enlightenment, but simply seeking anything to feel better. 

Edited by Jack River

11 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

I don't quite agree. :) My teacher showed me the basics and then let me go and I had to deal with the dependency on him I had created. The forced separation was the most valuable thing I learned from him. 

These days I have developed self reliance and realize that i am essentially alone. Deeply alone. I sense that embracing that deep alonemess is one of the keys to liberation. I have not got there yet. 

You seem pretty awake to me brahB|

On 29/07/2018 at 4:08 PM, David Turcot said:

Hi,

David 37 years old,

searching for enlightened for 20 years now. I had a few glimpse with self inquiry and some spychadealics (not the top one I don't where to find them).

But I'm TTTTTTTTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiired, I need a master who will guide me, en enlightened master.

Were can I find one?

Thanks Leo.

If you have the money, go to one of Peter Ralston's retreats in Texas, ideally the Contemplation Intensive (I think thats the week of dyad self-inquiry). Incredibly direct and effective method for grasping the deep insights you seek. It will also provide you with an excellent foundation for solo contemplation. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 7/29/2018 at 7:08 PM, David Turcot said:

Hi,

David 37 years old,

searching for enlightened for 20 years now. I had a few glimpse with self inquiry and some spychadealics (not the top one I don't where to find them).

But I'm TTTTTTTTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiired, I need a master who will guide me, en enlightened master.

Were can I find one?

Thanks Leo.

I have seen people online who have been seeking for more than 10 years and have not attained enlightenment, but are happy and it does not bother them.

It is the path you are on that you are seeking, the goal at the end of this path does not exist. It's the means, not the end, that is of essence.

Stop and look around - you might see more that way.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

I thought that everybody finds bliss after years of meditation, no matter achieves enlightenment or not.

@David Turcot Hi David, I hope you're well? Rather than tell you what you should do (which I can't) or tell you who to follow (which I can't), I wonder if you'd be good enough to share a bit about what you've done, where it's led you, and where it hasn't? I certainly haven't been searching for 20 years and would value your thoughts on the whole journey / game / business / mess! Thank you

On 7/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, Faceless said:

Maybe instead of trying to “become”, understand this desire to become.

I am meditating on this. But I seem to be blocked about that. 

My intuition tells me that the desire to become is because thought says that I am not that. So, it wants to become what already is.

I understand that, but I can't seem to see it clearly... I don't know why.

:-P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Become your own guru.

Then kill it.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Message me if you really prepared and willing to sacrifice blood and gold ;) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 29/07/2018 at 4:08 PM, David Turcot said:

Hi,

David 37 years old,

Were can I find one?

Thanks Leo.

Maybe some inspiring words could inspire you to go deeper.

Do you know Mooji?

There are many short videos with inspiring words. Follow where his words are pointing to.

It’s ironic that you’re looking for a master when this Forum is full of them.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

45 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s ironic that you’re looking for a master when this Forum is full of them.

Who ?

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

Who ?

I’m not gonna play your Stage Green game of seeing who has the most fake modesty.  Been there done that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m not gonna play your Stage Green game of seeing who has the most fake modesty.  Been there done that.

That's a lot of assumptions ?

God is love

And God in them