Slade

Sadhguru says Psychedelics Dull the System and Yoga shouldn’t be learned from a book

39 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, blazed said:

Nahm why do you keep making snide responses after me in vague ways?

Not my fault you abandoned all reasoning and logic. Gyana Yoga the path of knowledge is also legit.

I guess you are a firm believer that "the child must get burnt from the oven before learning" where as the opposite is equally true too "the child can learn just by being told not to touch the oven".

I guess one must fly the rocket ship directly into the sun for investigation because otherswise who knows right! you might not get evaporated! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS. Don't worry I'm keeping an eye on people, so far not impressed with Leo's 5 Meo and 30 day meditation retreat. In fact judging by the things he said and the videos he uploaded to the blog the use of drugs backfired for his meditaiton practice. And prior to that he was very optimist about enligthened through 5 meo.

I don’t think you’re aware you’re perpetuating your own misery in your perspective &  attitude. An almost constant state of discrediting, dequalifying, lashing out. You seem to have all the energy in the world to tell everyone how they’re wrong. No energy to pursue what you actually want to. 

What if you learned to focus, and what if you focused your energy on what you want? 

What if you forgave and moved on?

I bet you’d be happy.

Can you read this, and just be aware of the ego’s backlash....and sit with it...inquire into it? Can you stop yourself from replying with a personal attack ? - from projecting your pain?

That would almost force you to confront the things which hold you back. Which will suck. But then you’ll begin to be free. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 hours ago, blazed said:

Stop listening to forum people. (the irony)

Spirituality is absolutely the most easiest thing to bullshit your way through, you see with other subjects a long test can verify how much you really know about rocket science or maths, an art test can prove how good an artist can produce on the spot etc. etc.

With Spirituality only observing someone's behavior over a long exteneded peroid would somewhat tell your how much self mastery they have.

If you can't meditate 24/7 for example you're probably not enlightened, because you haven't even mastered a basic principle like boredom or discipline, if your ego didnt rule over your behavior meditating 24/7 would be like a robot saying he's going on standby for 24/7 (if thats what he wants to do or prove).

Gurus on the other hand have a following, a public eye, years of proven experience, and you can see who they interact with, for Example I've seen deepak chopra hanging out with rupert spira, and sadhguru on a few occasions. I've seen eckhart hanging out with the dalai lama etc.

Most of these gurus advise agaisn't psychedelics, psychedelics is a different crowd usually.

You need to look at the psychedelics crowd and the guru crowd, and see what you can learn and what resonates with you more.

I would not put Martin Ball for example taking psychedelics and dancing around in a room with brain scanners and having emotional reactions in the same league as the gurus. One is most definately the work of a magic pill.

Also Leo in his 30 day meditation retreat said he was taking psychadelics and it made it harder for him to meditate regularly without the drugs (if i remember correctly) , I see that as a hindrance not a positive.

The ego doesn't want boredom and regular, it wants magic bunnies and whacky trips, and play around with your senses, etc. it's more entertaining that way.

Who wants to stare at a blank white wall day? Definately not the ego. In fact the only one who has a problem with boredom is the ego, the illusory self.

I like this

17 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I wouldn't say psychedelics have no effect post-Enlightenment.  But I will tell you what I think that's pointing to.  When you trip post-Enlightenment, you surrender to the psychedelic as just BE-ing in the moment.  BE-ing is BE-ing, right.  BE-ing or Awareness doesn't change when you're on a psychedelic.  If it did, you wouldn't experience or recall the trip.  It would be like having a dream that you know nothing about because you didn't even know you had dreamed.  If you don't recollect the dream after you wake up, how are you gonna know you were dreaming?  You're not.  So, even when you're doing 5-MeO-DMT awareness or BE-ing is still there, or else you wouldn't recall squat after your trip.  So, Enlightened people are just surrendering to BE-ing no matter what, trip or no trip.  And that makes tripping much different when you're Enlightened because you're just accepting more BE-ing, it's just got a different flavor to it than sober BE-ing.  But BE-ing is BE-ing, see.  That's why psychedelics don't really do squat for helping you to BE right now in the moment.  BE-ing or Awareness is up a level from tripping and sobriety.  A lot of people don't get this for some reason.  They get attached to the 'kind' of BE-ing.  Yeah, don't worry about the 'kind' of BE-ing.  Just worry about accepting BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  And it's not about clinging to 'need to know BE-ing' either -- it's just about BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  

And I like this.

Psychedelics will not bring end to suffering.

Psychedelics will not lead to eternal harmony and understanding. 

Psychedelics will not stop you from judging and reacting defensive to circumstances. 

Just look around and see for yourself the psychedelic movement. They talking about onness but in practice they create separation. 

Can it be beneficial? Absolutely yes! But if you can’t be happy, peaceful and in harmony with everything without drugs something is not really understood! Doing it over and over again will not make you enjoy being. It will only make you talk about it. 

Dear friends who use psychedelics: The sooner you can be without them the better it is for you! Be clear on WHY you are taking them. Liberation is what we are looking for. That can only be found now and not in the next trip.

Psychedelics creates communities which can be really toxic and it separates people.

Learn! Not just from psychedelics but from the people doing it. See that they only talk about experience. Go beyond psychedelics and be happy.

I’m not against it but I’m concerned that it makes people continue the search and they may not see it themselves. It’s very subtle. 

✌?

Edited by cirkussmile

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I don’t think you’re aware you’re perpetuating your own misery in your perspective &  attitude. An almost constant state of discrediting, dequalifying, lashing out. You seem to have all the energy in the world to tell everyone how they’re wrong. No energy to pursue what you actually want to. 

What if you learned to focus, and what if you focused your energy on what you want? 

What if you forgave and moved on?

I bet you’d be happy.

Can you read this, and just be aware of the ego’s backlash....and sit with it...inquire into it? Can you stop yourself from replying with a personal attack ? - from projecting your pain?

That would almost force you to confront the things which hold you back. Which will suck. But then you’ll begin to be free. 

Nice Gaslighting Nahm.

Still "piss and vinegar" as the old days you are, just with a new complex of thinking you're "enligthened/infinite/loving". Still you have no life outside of the forums 24/7 here, 24/7 posting, do you even meditate for an hour brah? At least i disappear from the forums for a few days, weeks at a times.

Maybe contemplate what you are doing to receive negative feedback from me. It takes two to tango.

I was sharing my opinion and ideas here, it might be useful to someone.

See_on_See responded with an asolute useless trolling commenting just saying "your post is nonsense". This is not productive or a critique or helpful in any manner and yet you say I'm the one "discrediting, dequalifying, lashing out" (you're a silly and blind mod ain't you nahm)

Jog along nahm, I don't want your input stop replying to me, stop making snide remarks at me behind nearly every thread and we're good.

I don't want your help or wisdom your not fit for it, and you know what's good about wise people? They don't give advice to people who don't seek it from them.

Edited by blazed

13 hours ago, KrackJack said:

@see_on_see

It would appear that your point is:

@blazedon psychedelics is almost same as @Shanmugamon Sadhguru :D

Both aren't ready to agree they are against them.. but mostly they talk about the risk there is with them :P

Isn't it.. Yes or no...?

yes

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@blazed Miserable. 

your remarks as usual. Always gotta get em in dont ya ???. Try silence next time.

15 hours ago, KrackJack said:

@see_on_see

It would appear that your point is:

@blazedon psychedelics is almost same as @Shanmugamon Sadhguru :D

Both aren't ready to agree they are against them.. but mostly they talk about the risk there is with them :P

Isn't it.. Yes or no...?

I'm not for or agaisnt psychedelics, if I was I would just say I am, its not a big deal to be agaisnt illegal drugs and call you all addicted drug users as per usual normal society. I have no problem admitting that if that was the case.

Leo is high psychedelics user and I still follow him and his videos.

I'm just in the "not recommended" club, but you can see people being over dramatic and getting pissy because simply I hurt their weak identities, because their ego's is identified with taking psychedelics.

If Leo's latest 30 day medition with 5 meo and his blog videos actually had more positive things to say I would have been more interested in their ability, but he kind of reconfirm what all these gurus have been saying this whole time.

Edited by blazed

@blazed You seem to be one of the people that talk about psychedelics the most around here, why is that?

8 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

@blazed nobody cares whether you like psychedelics or not. The paradigm-locked view from someone who hasn't even bothered to try them and still has no shame in engaging in a debate based on second-hand information, obviously cherry-picked based on their own biases, and who is totally blind to all the research and reports of overwhelmingly positive experiences from actual psychedelic users and researchers, is worth nothing for anyone with a functioning brain. 

All we were asking is, please don't spread your nonsense and fantasies around. We already have enough ignorance, stigma and misinformation about psychedelics as it is. No one should ever be misled into missing out on what could be the most important experience in their lives, just because of someone else's blind ignorance. 

Even if I tried and talked negatively about it, you'd still get butthurt.

I told you I tried shroom once, but you're dismissive of that too. So whatever.

@Feel Good

Nice edit and sarcasm, i wonder what your entire post serves besides aggravating and trolling?
I'm here im enjoyin the debate, you know that right?

You dont seem to the know the difference between talking negatively about a product/activity (which butthurts people who are attached and identified with external things) vs attacking someone on personal level, specifically addressing them.

At least practice some detachment where someone insulting your past time hobbies doesn't feel an attack on yourself.

I was talking in general sense my original post was not directed at anyone or personally at anyone, but here are the people addressing me specficially, the people who got butthurt.

Edited by blazed

Anyone im done the thread is getting derailed.

Thread topic is "Sadhguru says Psychedelics Dull the System and Yoga shouldn’t be learned from a book"

In an attempt to stop replying I'll be muting certain people.

Have a nice day ???????????

@blazed If you base your entire idea on 1 dude (Leo), then it appears that psychedelics can give you revolutionary experiences, but they seem not to be as effective as permanently changing your state of life. That doesn't mean they aren't valuable, you can still retrieve extremely valuable insights about where you need to be heading or what direction you should take in your life.

And your still dogmatically stuck on this idea of consistency. Every person's experience is literally different. If you fly a rocket into the sun, you actually might survive. The idea you will get evaporated is just an idea, and the only way you know if you will die or not isn't to listen to others, but to listen to your intuition and 'feel' for what is going to happen. This whole notion you have of truth being a yes or no for everyone is silly and stupid. What is true for one isn't true for others, and the materialistic paradigm is the place where consistency seems to hold up the most. Go further and further into subtle realms, and consistency between people's experiences stops working. The only reason why the materialistic paradigm is consistent in the first place is because the paradigm is a language, its not real. And just like how everyone agrees that a cat means an animal with 4 legs, everyone agrees that you will get evaporated by the sun. But neither of them are real in existence, some dude just made up the word cat, and some other dude made up the sentence evaporation with the sun.

@electroBeam mic droppin wisdom man. Nice. Can you expect someone who hasn’t partaken in psych’s to relate to ‘no objective reality’ though? I don’t think so. It’s so convincingly real.

20 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@blazed If you base your entire idea on 1 dude (Leo), then it appears that psychedelics can give you revolutionary experiences, but they seem not to be as effective as permanently changing your state of life. That doesn't mean they aren't valuable, you can still retrieve extremely valuable insights about where you need to be heading or what direction you should take in your life.

And your still dogmatically stuck on this idea of consistency. Every person's experience is literally different. If you fly a rocket into the sun, you actually might survive. The idea you will get evaporated is just an idea, and the only way you know if you will die or not isn't to listen to others, but to listen to your intuition and 'feel' for what is going to happen. This whole notion you have of truth being a yes or no for everyone is silly and stupid. What is true for one isn't true for others, and the materialistic paradigm is the place where consistency seems to hold up the most. Go further and further into subtle realms, and consistency between people's experiences stops working. The only reason why the materialistic paradigm is consistent in the first place is because the paradigm is a language, its not real. And just like how everyone agrees that a cat means an animal with 4 legs, everyone agrees that you will get evaporated by the sun. But neither of them are real in existence, some dude just made up the word cat, and some other dude made up the sentence evaporation with the sun.

Reality and the dream has consistency and a ruleset.

Just because you know everthing in a video game or movie is illusory and not real doesn't mean you can do anything differently. Nothing changes from knowing that.

Everyone who watches a movie experiences the same thing, they just might intrepret it differently and feel different reactions to it. That's the inner part.

The material body and mind is bound to the materialistic world consistent you cannot, I repeat cannot stop playing the role of a human whilst consciousness is experiencing a human form and the human body is the materialist paradigm.

There no point in debating about how putting gun to your head and pulling a trigger is conceptual *until you actually try* because you're never going to try it are you, go ahead and try if that's your reasoning.

We can take any person or animal in this world and put them in a gas chamber and we all die, you get that right? There's no debating about my perspective your perspective and how im super human and won't die because i'm "god" and I'm creaitng my own reality, you are not, reality is creating reality and you are it, reality is the God, your body however is not, it's material, and you cannot escape experiencing it as long as it's alive.

Anyway this going on tangent and completely in an unrelated discussion, and is still continuing to derail the original thread.

But I'll say this before Leo made videos such as "no brain" and "illusory nature of the mind" and "contemplation" people didn't make these sort of insanity post here. It's like Leo talks about something and you all come out with a new trend, like bandwagon or sheep herd.

@blazed Just messing with you brother..

My original answer was right before the comment..

Edited by KrackJack

What's so great about Sadhguru?  That's an amazing name though, right?  It's got the word 'guru' right in it.  What is it about Sadhguru's opinion about things that means squat to you?  Gimme some meat that I can check out like a video or something.  I know people have posted all kinds of videos.  But gimme that one video that I need to see the value in Sadhguru.  Maybe I should re-name myself 'Joeyparalegal' or something haha.  I'd probably be taken a shitload more seriously in the Freelance Paralegal industry.  'Joeyenlightenedone'.  That would go over real well!  It might get me a gig as one of those odd guys who try to sell their 'services' on the street.  I saw a guy holding up a sign today that read 'Astrologer for Hire'.  He wasn't a street bum, but he was an odd looking guy with the pointy beard, weird hat, and odd clothes.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 hours ago, blazed said:

Everyone who watches a movie experiences the same thing, they just might intrepret it differently and feel different reactions to it. That's the inner part.

@blazed Just might interpret it differently? What the actual fuck?
What exactly are facts, if you just ignore interpretation?

Facts are exactly what you make of them!

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Yes you can still have permenent positive changes with psychedelics. You can rewire your brain and behaviours. And it can be tool. For someone who is depressed and has hard time to be motivated i find microdosing periodicly give that push, and days when u dont microdose the changes sustain. And meditation practice do get deeper aswelll. It my observation with mushrooms- I been microdosing these with very good results. 

if he were enlightened he wouldn't say that drug exist in the first place.

because to my view, if you're thirsty and you drink water to "relieve the pain" it means you didn't liked your state of "being dry",

tada, you altered your state of consciousness.

you better live all your life dry then, and don't drink water in case that change your state of mind.

of course in the relative there is substances that are playing on the mind/body

that change what every pov call a "normal consciousness" but I would say, this is totaly relative.

what is the structure of "normal".

and where begin the "psychedelic states". where does it ends ?

call me a druggy if you want, but I m even so conscious that I avoid coffee and thea for their propriety in alteration of my consciousness.

I use them with the same awareness that If I were putting LSD inside me.

for me sadghuru is a redflag, only good to makes people more lost in fluffy spirituals stories ..

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

can someone lock this thread, too repetitive?  who cares about what sadhguru says about psychedelics