Sahil Pandit

Recontextualization Mega-Thread

304 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

0ebd47b6672b08c1c0d1a242dfa0145a.jpg

download (2).jpeg

shot_1296495136_teaser.jpg

Once you have seen it you can't unsee it. It looks like a hooded KKK member. 

Edited by SFRL

I think a simple example of the importance of context is an “inside joke”. Without the context, it makes no sense at all.

@Serotoninluv All jokes work through recontextualization. That's the punchline of any joke, which is what causes the laugh. You realize the context was other than what you initially thought.

Which is also why a lot of people laugh after enlightenment. It's like the mother of all jokes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A truely beautiful and simple example. Warning: If you havn't seen the movie yet (or don't remember it anymore), watch it first!

the hamster wheel looks from the inside like a career ladder 

091A5BC0-2AED-40EE-B294-B59D3DC99A95.jpeg

Edited by now is forever

unintended recontextualisation

the sign says: stop the hate stop afd (new rightwing party in germany, known for their nazi like paroles)

D424DEAC-507F-4530-B548-B9B540046A6B.jpeg

Edited by now is forever
didn’t want to convey political message with it - it can also point to the waste problem

while most people love their chairs, i love the eamsen‘s. more dimensional than this. it‘s from  1977 , might contain spoilers:

Edited by now is forever
they could even joke about lightspeed, like it better than google, don’t get me wrong it’s an eams what did you expect of me.

@SFRL all stories are part of the never ending story. even the ones from tolkien if there are two towers and the ivory tower doesn’t appear in the story witch tower is witch? 

speaking of recontextualisation, that changed the plot:

Edited by now is forever

Man on the Subway by Stephen Covey

People were sitting quietly – some reading newspapers, some lost in thought, some resting with their eyes closed. It was a calm, peaceful scene.

Then suddenly, a man and his children entered the subway car. The children were so loud and rambunctious that instantly the whole climate changed.

The man sat down next to me and closed his eyes, apparently oblivious to the situation. The children were yelling back and forth, throwing things, even grabbing people’s papers. It was very disturbing. And yet, the man sitting next to me did nothing. 

It was difficult not to feel irritated. I could not believe that he could be so insensitive as to let his children run wild like that and do nothing about it, taking no responsibility at all. It was easy to see that everyone else on the subway felt irritated, too. So finally, with what I felt like was unusual patience and restraint, I turned to him and said, “Sir, your children are really disturbing a lot of people. I wonder if you couldn’t control them a little more?”

The man lifted his gaze as if to come to a consciousness of the situation for the first time and said softly, “Oh, you’re right. I guess I should do something about it. We just came from the hospital where their mother died about an hour ago. I don’t know what do think, and I guess they don’t know who to handle it either.”

Can you imagine what I felt at that moment? My paradigm shifted. Suddenly I saw things differently, and because I saw differently, I thought differently, I felt differently, I behaved differently. My irritation vanished. I didn’t have to worry about controlling my attitude or my behavior; my heart was filled with the man’s pain. Feelings of sympathy and compassion flowed freely. “Your wife just died? Oh I’m so sorry! Can you tell me about it? What can I do to help?” Everything changed in an instant.” 

image.jpg

image.jpg

gray has to stand together. because in reality, they are a rainbow.

what happens if we mix all colors on a paper? and what happens if we mix all colors with light?

so everyone who thought they are just light - might reflect on being also part of gray. and everyone who thought to be just gray can also be an undiscovered rainbow. or blacklight.

Edited by now is forever

field sobriety.jpg

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

"Living consciously entails a desire to understand our full context." - Nathaniel Branden