Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,083 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura What about Martin Luther King? I thought he would’ve been a stage yellow guy.

"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

Here's what a Yellow wedding looks like:

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

43 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura What about Martin Luther King? I thought he would’ve been a stage yellow guy.

He seems more Blue/Green to me. I don't know that much about him though.

The logos is truth oriented to love, and love is the desire for being to flourish.

Jordan B Peterson

These guys are definitely at yellow, if not higher. And this video is worth watching in any case. Next, I will spotlight 2 of the speakers. Watch the previous video first, and then dive in.

Daniel Schmachtenberger

Here is his podcast. Some of the topics covered are: holistic health, integrative medicine, ketamine therapy, epigenetics, meditation, biohacking, neurofeedback, technology, intelligence… and the list goes on. Very insightful.

He said that he tried 5-meo-DMT multiple times. That's a nice coincidence.

Jordan Greenhall

He works with Daniel. His thinking is wide, deep, systemic, and clear.

@Leo Gura What are your thoughts on them?

Edited by Stefano Provenzi

@Karlos Totally forgot about Ben Smythe! Definitely a great example of Yellow, possibly moving into Turquoise (I think he's had some sort of awakening, not sure though). 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

goddamn. This is some next level shit

Some people here seem to be confusing yellow with turquoise, and sometimes even first-tier levels.

That said, I am still integrating yellow, and it's really hard to find a single video-example of yellow, since it's such a diverse and multifaceted way of thinking. 

I really like the way David Foster Wallace goes meta and used to have the knowledge that he was not "the voice in his head".

Here is one great video:

12 hours ago, waking_dreams said:

Reggie Watts' comedy can be stage Yellow.

yes! great dude

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Fuck I kinda wanna marry Eben now. 

Marcus Aurelius

Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

@Etherial Cat I would put Marcus Aurelius at Blue.

You have to understand that stages Green, Yellow, Turquoise basically did not exist 200+ years ago. At least that's according to the Spiral Dynamics model.

People from 2000 years ago lived in a radically different reality and culture. They were not like us today minus smartphones and cars.

A pick up coach who is in stage yellow, believe it or not.

This dude used to be a monk, martial artist and musician. Then got into seduction when he was 26. Really really fascinating character:

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Etherial Cat I would put Marcus Aurelius at Blue.

You have to understand that stages Green, Yellow, Turquoise basically did not exist 200+ years ago. At least that's according to the Spiral Dynamics model.

People from 2000 years ago lived in a radically different reality and culture. They were not like us today minus smartphones and cars.

Whaaaat? And it is the same for Turquoise Stage? Buddha and Jesus are not making the cut there either :ph34r:...

I'm gonna have to actually listen to the audiobook from Don Beck that I bought last week-end. lol

Edited by Etherial Cat

Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

39 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Whaaaat? And it is the same for Turquoise Stage? Buddha and Jesus are not making the cut there either :ph34r:...

I'm gonna have to actually listen to the audiobook from Don Beck that I bought last week-end. lol

That's right.

Although it's complicated. You have to understand that mystics and enlightened people tend to reside outside Spiral the entirely.

Nonduality cannot be mapped. Nonduality is not a stage you reach. Nonduality is Absolute.

Never forget that Spiral Dynamics is just a model, and it is not designed to model mysticism, altered states of consciousness, or nonduality.

If you want a model of levels of nonduality, Ramaji's LOC system is better suited to that. Although, still, it's just a model and will not address every facet.