Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,198 posts in this topic

I know, it's a debate on Twitch, but bear with me. It's very civil, and I think it's a cool example:

54:26-57:26 The guy talking (the moderator a.k.a Destiny) tries to introduce the debaters to tier 2 stage yellow spiral dynamics thinking, and then MindWaves retaliates with tier 1 stage orange thinking (discarding the opponent a.k.a Pxie's tier 1 stage green framework), because that is the primary character trait of the stages in tier 1: they adamantly discard all other frameworks, both higher and lower stages.

It's very apparent when MindWaves at 57:11 says: "Sure, I guess-  ...yeah, so I have no interest in working within your framework, because I think you're wrong" *chuckle*

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Do we have a Yellow discussion regarding the current changing life conditions with the virus and to discuss future systems that will help us get out of the economic drop?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Stef_BG 

These 3 videos don't necessarily focus on talking about future systems, but current issues and problems and what to do.

I would say this following video more answers your question (towards the end of it).  From my understanding, he thinks that we need to move into a Decentralized Collective Intelligence.  And one of the most important ways to do that, according to him, is to be as honest, authentic, and accurate in our interactions with others and how we relate our own perspectives and how we see and feel things to be or be true.  This then reinforces others to do that same and this results in much better collective sense-making and seeing what's really going on in the world.

I don't know if that's what he's exactly saying, but that's what I god.

Here's the video.

@Raphael Damn. I remember seeing that video in my recommended videos, but I never clicked it because I assumed it would just be another close-minded feminist. Guess I was wrong.

you'll find this interesting if you’re yellow or above 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Here's a perfect example of 3 stage yellow minds (I'm pretty sure) getting together and talking.  

I think if you're confused about what stage yellow may look or think like, this may help.  

I find these guys really allow people to see stage yellow thinking since their articulation is so masterful.

You don't have to watch the whole thing, just seeing a part of it could give you an idea... i think...but i dunno

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, paradiseengineering said:

Can anyone reccomend me some stage Yellow music and art? Is there any?

I'm of the belief that all forms of art are turquoise as they invoke the experience of the wonder of God. The conceptual content or the message behind the art is merely peripheral to the experience of art.

I think he is yellow, or at least sounds like one. Talks about systems, and explains ideas by connecting it to evolution and in a weird way not all can follow him. 

The "Open Source Initiative" is yellow in terms of information and code should be available and accessible to everyone. And if u see the pattern all yellow comes from green. They also started by creating a culture of free software, so all softwares should be free and open source. 

@Virgo I agree Owen is yellow. He's actually one of the least materialistic people I know of now. He also studied spiral dynamics a couple years back.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

Found this guy today but he seems really openminded, most episodes look to me like yellow vs blue.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

8 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

Found this guy today but he seems really openminded, most episodes look to me like yellow vs blue.

Who exactly is the yellow one?

@Villager Albert Steven Crowder is bluer than a smurf. He is essentially doing the political equivalent of street preaching under the guise of open conversation. You could argue that his way of initiating conversation somewhat resembles the openness of yellow (most likely a result of having to repeatedly de-escalate heated public conversation), but if you watch some more of his content, you can easily tell that the underlying motive is to preach a selected set of beliefs, namely stage blue/orange values. No yellow person would go "x is right - change my mind". It automatically sets the stage for motivated reasoning.

@Carl-Richard
In a theoretical sense you might have a point, but in practice you make yellow to be something outworldly which it is not. Yellow interacting with the world that's below automatically steps down, which doesn't mean you should stop discussion altogether.
Yellow is finding systems which are the most beneficial for everyone involved in a systemic way basically. Sometimes it needs to downgrade because the system spoken off is lower tier, yet there is nothing wrong with talking about lower tier systems.