WildeChilde

What Spiritual/Philosophical Questions Do You Still Have?

21 posts in this topic

At your stage of spiritual development, what aspects of existence, life, consciousness, the world etc. do you still wonder about?  Despite what you've learned from others and the experiences you've had, what questions still linger?  For me, it's morality and free will, but what about for you?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

46 minutes ago, WildeChilde said:

At your stage of spiritual development, what aspects of existence, life, consciousness, the world etc. do you still wonder about?  Despite what you've learned from others and the experiences you've had, what questions still linger?  For me, it's morality and free will, but what about for you?

For your questions, morality and free will are strange loops.

Once you give up morality, you become most moral. Once you give up control, you control everything. A strange loop.

42 minutes ago, WildeChilde said:

what aspects of existence, life, consciousness, the world etc. do you still wonder about?

@WildeChilde 

1) You know the giant scissors they use at ribbon cutting ceremonies? Where do they come from?

2) Why does reality exist at all?

9 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@WildeChilde 

Why questions only make sense from a dualistic point of view

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden That's what I'm looking for. You got one? An answer that is? I'll take whatever you got.:)

When they put the "you are here" marker on a map, it really seems like you are here. (lol)

8 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@WildeChilde 

1) You know the giant scissors they use at ribbon cutting ceremonies? Where do they come from?

The answer to both turns out to be the same ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Because it can't NOT exist...haha.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The answer to both turns out to be the same ;)

Reality is ceremonial. Just like the giant scissors. It celebrates as an expression of the absolute.

If I decide to quite my current identity (persona) ,with all its attachments (house, job , relationship, ...) and just start new with the authentic self, How and where does it begin? And what is the worse thing that can happen? 

@Leo Gura I am laughing at your latest post on your blog

Become a jihadi, you must hhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Empty

I think about morality and freewill just like you. 

I also wonder what the "nothingness" and "emptiness" is. I've had occasions where I have become aware of this pure endless space. And I just want to understand that, but with everything else in context. I have had multiple insight about reality, but my ego just doesn't know what to make of it. 

6 hours ago, Samra said:

If I decide to quite my current identity (persona) ,with all its attachments (house, job , relationship, ...) and just start new with the authentic self, How and where does it begin? And what is the worse thing that can happen? 

worst thing is you can't support yourself fundamentally. which you probably could, even if that excludes 3 cooked meals a day or whatever. you will most likely be able to survive wherever, but some places will stroke your ego better so that it becomes relaxed and ultimately can fall asleep. so leave it all, you will survive, stroke your ego asleep. if you feel that is what it takes

try living in nature

@WildeChilde  - no questions linger.  Many "Spiritual/Philosophical Questions" can not be answered or are purely theoretical and would not change anything in life (regardless of the answer).  So I have let go of many questions and tend to be more practical.  Besides, I have also come to realize most "Spiritual/Philosophical Questions" are simply distractions...they keep us for looking at what is really important.  Like who/what am I?

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

i hve a question about consciousness. if your understanding in a topic gets deeper, does that mean your consciousness in that area increased? because "your degree of accurate perception" has increased. 

3 hours ago, Krishna Siva said:

Why does Truth matter, and can we even know what's "true"? 

Question it all