WildeChilde

What's Your Opinion of Leo's Stance on Islam?

78 posts in this topic

Islam is arguably the most polarizing topic of our times, and, regardless of our opinions, let's admit Leo showed us a lot of courage in posting this latest video. 

So after watching the video, what do you think of Leo's overall take on Islam?  

Edited by WildeChilde
extra comment

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

inb4 somebody invokes sam harris or jordan peterson. Those people aren't really that informed about the intricate nature of Islam. If you listen to Sam very critically, you'll realize pretty fast that he removes our current situation from it's entire context and refuses to acknowledge just basic facts.

72 virgins. I think 72 virgins might not be true, but also it can be quite literal, not mere metaphor of enlightenment. Since this is infinity and there are possibly many dimensions even within our Earth with all kinds of heavens and hells, then I wont be surprised that there are actually some heavenly dimension with 72 virgins where some people might end up going lol. 

I think virgin stands for the pure mind to be honest. Not violated by thoughts and opinions.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@MarkusSweden As soon as I saw your name pop up, I knew exactly that this is where you were gonna go...this reads like a challenge to cram in as many conspiracy theories and insults in one post while trying to keep it coherent. If you just look at a map, you will see that the regions the US destabilized aren't the regions where Israel are now building their settlements. Every single topic you mentioned in passing is a vastly complex topic that people spend their entire life researching...if they only knew that it was the jews all along.

I am still watching the video. Blown away by the courage Leo has to post the video

My respect has grown even more for Leo now.

Great video. I really loved the link he made between Mohamed unifying the middle eastern people to whats happening today with the east and the west, and how finding commonalities in Truth could lead us there. 

The question I have is, how conscious are the modern day muslims of the non dualist nature of Islamic teachings? 

@DoubleYou The Sufis are. I highly doubt your average Muslim is though.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

to be honest im more shocked Leo said channelling is real

I really wish leo did  more practical videos that helps. I hope he will before someone comes and blow him up screaming holly verse. ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I found it a really interesting video, showed and made me realise how much I judge and have assumptions about religions.

I’d like to look deeper into this subject, much to learn from these different traditions

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I can tell Leo put a lot of work and passion into making the video.  I like it.  I value it highly.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I really liked this video about Islam. I was however curious to know what Leo thinks about life and after life (punishment and rewards) aspects that all the big religions talk about. How would you interpret that in the 21st century? Is there such a thing as an after life?

@MarkusSweden  Hey man.  Violence is not the path... it will just keep perpetuating violence and causing much anguish.  

@Shaggy   Life/Death is a duality that collapses when you realize Allah/Absolute Infinity.  You are already dead now, or you can say there is only everlasting life.  We live in "hell" or "punishment" when we live from our egos and get rewarded when we surrender them and realize God.

At least thats how I understand it xD

He's technically right, in that Jihad is about a struggle with yourself and how Islam was founded as a pointer to the truth. The problem is that 99.99999% of Muslims do not see it that way. In the same way, 99.99999% of Christians do not see their faith properly either. They hold an ideology, not the truth, no matter how much they believe their ideology to be the truth. 

Recently, I've been noticing that Leo is trying to apply the absolute to the limited perspective of the human form, I don't think it will work as well as expected. Just as a hand cannot grasp itself, the grasping is not the hand either (even though the grasp contains the hand). The truth is the truth but it is not complete when bounded in a human form, is that not why Mahasamaddhi exists?

So, what does the absolute really have to do with the current iteration of Islam? Very little.

Edited by Staples

I think that what Leo is talking about is only practised by a minority of islamic mystics. 

@Outer The thing I like the most about JP is his honesty, it's impressive in this plastic world. Very rare among people in his age with sensitivity and honesty intact. 

I hope you are right. I know they have a high average IQ! Specially those Ashkenazi Jews! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

I agree with a lot of Leo’s points, but I think he is underestimating the tragedy of Islamic culture and its often unspoken practices.  As you will see, inbreeding has been a real issue in the past and continues to be so today.  The ramifications are really heartbreaking:

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Did anyone catch the youtube channels Leo mentions when he talks about channelling ?

I missed it and now i cant find that part of the video again