Emne

What are the most important things in life?

23 posts in this topic

What do you think is the most important things to focus on in life? It would be really nice to see a list :) 

Done in order of my priorities, relative to my state in life.

1. Breaking addictions (Video games, PMO, television)
  2. Meditation
  3. Fitness (track, jumping rope, weights)
  4. Diet (veganism personally)
  5. Education, eventually career
  6. Relaxation
  7. Emotional connection

These 7 facets are my areas of focus because, I believe, that after maximizing my fulfillment from each of these areas, my quality of life will significantly be improved.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

14 minutes ago, RawJudah said:

To survive and reproduce

Reproducing is not important anymore. 

But maybe you mean that it's important NOT to reproduce? 

In that case, I agree! 

Right now, we are 7.4 BILLION !!!!!!!!! people on the earth. 

We must reduce that to 2.5 - 3b in order for resources to be enough, to end starvation, and to save the environment! 

Population control is the most important factor for the earth and us fellow human beings at this stage! 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

To understand thought/the self. To put thought in its right place. 

@MarkusSweden I was kind of joking. The last thing I want to do is add to the population, but I rang up for a vasectomy the other week and got turned away because I’m ‘too young to make these choices’ at the age of 24. 

All jokes aside though, I think it’s all about finding your authentic self and doing the things you most enjoy in life, whatever that may be. And happiness will follow.

For me that’s Yoga and cycling.

17 minutes ago, RawJudah said:

@MarkusSweden I was kind of joking. The last thing I want to do is add to the population, but I rang up for a vasectomy the other week and got turned away because I’m ‘too young to make these choices’ at the age of 24. 

All jokes aside though, I think it’s all about finding your authentic self and doing the things you most enjoy in life, whatever that may be. And happiness will follow.

For me that’s Yoga and cycling.

Great! I agree to 100% 

I was joking as well, I don't wanna add to population either, but nothing is right or wrong. Everyone has to decide for themselves. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Tide Pods.

Just kidding.

I'd say to develop wisdom and to continuously do so until I die. 

I'll just leave this here:

1. Existence to feel magical again
2. Things to be completely effortless
3. Authenticity
4. Dispassionate mind
5. Full soberness/lucidity
6. The desire to be nobody
7. Merging with the target object (Samadhi)
8. Truth
9. Benovelance
10. Simple and natural lifestyle

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

• Self-acceptance
  • Acceptance of reality
Edited by Joseph Maynor

- discipline,Freedom and time to do what i want whatever that may be 

- total freedom of speech

- selfagency and self reliance, getting the primitive parts of my brain under under control of the higher parts 

- complete authenticity whatever the circumstance 

- doing something positive in the world and that may just be being good to my friends,helping family etc just for my small community atleast and wherever i go

these are my important things and i've thought a long time about it

the most important thing is to understand what stops me from ending my life right now?

when food, reproduction, love, heaven, fear, death, god, growth, nirvana and whatever else will eventually be exhausted 

what exactly makes me not to escape from this infinite cycle?

when there is no more fear, death, me, you, god, no-god, nothingness, everything, love, humans.

when nothing matters, and when you have zero fear and zero care for being alive.

what that thing that makes me to doubt killing myself?

I think to understand that is beyond knowing absolute truth (but maybe not)

and beyond anything

my best guess is that you have to commit urself towards fully infinite circle to understand how absolute created itself

to realize how you created this infinite myth, this story with no beginning, no end

to realize how you became god and created yourself

it will take you infinite rebirths

thats not some nirvana. not some truth. thats all relative comparing to understanding of how absolute, which never happened never begun, came to be.

but u got to be Jedi and die infinite amounts of time

thats you evolving from homo sapiens to homo conscious to homo immortalis and beyond, beyond over years that Earth still have

thats you evolving your dna and your spirit. and whole humanity

reincarnating over and over again.

thats you surviving death of universe from heat. you saving humanity and moving to new planet, and to new planet and to new universe.

its you eventually finding heavens, becoming absolute, achieving happy end and seeing how you eventually created this mythological universe and came back as a person in this very moment again.

life and survival are one coin. when there's no more life, death, fear, love, you, body, soul, mind. what makes you to continue survival?

@Monkey-man

Do you wanna escape love and heaven? Really? Even features as love and heaven you as something that's nothing but units in a cycle? Something to escape from?

Wow, I never thought of it that way! Maybe you are right! 

But how depressing to look upon love and heaven with such rational and logical measurements? 

Is it right to do so. 

You shocked my fundamentals a little bit monkey! :( 

Isn't it so, yes or no?