Phillip

What is a god?

26 posts in this topic

Often when people take 5-Meo, they are convinced they've seen or interacted with a "god". Even atheists or people who don't give a f*ck about the whole concept of religion suddenly believe in something godlike.

What is this god? What does it do to be instantly defined as god?

Human brains simply cant make any more of it, we are conditioned to know "god" to be the "ultimate" so that is the word of choice most use to explain the absolutely infinite. It is one of the most hard wired concepts that we give it a classification of its own so when one does connect to the divine that is the only word that makes sense to them.

B R E A T H E

God is something that cannot be labeled that feels like moving on a wave, and everything that you see is aware of itself through your perception and melds together, but it still looks the same as before.  You can feel that all of life then and now is with you in an energetic signature that feels like the emotion of joy and love within a never-ending positive feedback loop.  Nature, music, sight, emotion, it is all effected.  The fear of death diminishes.  The desire to control an outcome is nonexistent.  There is a plane of infinite possibility.  

It is like the scent of wet rich moss and dirt, the oil slick of sticky honey, the freedom of running at full speed and an orgasm that sparks up your eyes and into the very ends of your fingers and toes, the icy freshness of mint and a river of white liquid energy spreading out into the shape of a leaf's veins.

Edited by Annetta

@Phillip Hi Phillip.  Generally speaking God or the absolute is the emptiness on which everything appears within consciousness. It's not something  you can put into words or communicate directly because we only know from appearances. So that being said, the fingerprints of God are all around you.

@Phillip 

1. God as it is used by a random guy in the world of over 7 billion people, means the creator, ruler and the moral authority of the universe. A random guy usually understands God as an invisible person who has a mind, emotions, intentions and a personality that is strict, altruistic, intelligent, loving, judgemental and sometimes even cruel.

He is someone who is worshiped with or without form and who is also feared. As for as utility is concerned, such a random man uses this God to be hopeful of his wishes and even curses and sometimes even to justify his cruel actions..

AAml500.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

2. But the word 'God' is also used in the context of spiritual enlightenment. In this context, the word is just a synonym of Absolute reality from which people feel separated. The apparent union that destroys the apparent separation of absolute reality is what is called by different names: Some people call it as mystical union and some people call it as Yoga, which literally means union. Here, the God is often personified and loved but never believed or seen as a person. In other words, union with God is the same shit as spiritual enlightenment!

auras-rainbow.jpg

In this forum, it is used and is supposed to be used with the second meaning.. :)

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Phillip  Just one descriptor/pointer out of an infinitude? That which manifests as this Dream, and is not other than this Dream, as emptiness is not other than form, and form not other than emptiness ... but really no descriptor/pointer can convey this/that. 

Edited by snowleopard

@pluto puts it better than I could, for how I understand the word. 

in a way, I find that necessarily all things called "god" are god and also exist, but that's a bunch of nuance there lol. . .  and if you take it the wrong way you think "oh I'll just make up shit like the flying spaghetti monster and worship that god" and well I mean you can and it has been done but I don't mean to encourage it as if it's the best way to understand god. 

personally when I look towards god I look towards what is infinite, what can never be finite, aka what is unknown, idk a lot of stereotypical words about god i like. the absolute, the divine, the source. presence. 

not like any of this ramble makes any sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are GOD.

As Jesus said, "You and God are one"

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 hours ago, alyra said:

oh I'll just make up shit like the flying spaghetti monster and worship that god

Are you saying god cannot be a flying spaghetti monster? :D 
That would be a very restricted god, if it could not be such a thing.

As said by @abrakamowse ,@Nahm ,@snowleopard @Shanmugam @cetus56 @Annetta @pluto , in different ways. Everything is god, or god is everything. And this everything also is nothing. It is what is. It is you, and you are it.
It has no restrictions. Yet it also is all restrictions. You cannot say anything about it, and everything you say is it. You cannot think anything about it, and everything you think is it. You cannot know anything about it, and everything you know is it. It is the illusion of reality, it is the appearance of time. 
All your feelings are it, your very identity is it. Yet it is also not limited by any of these things.

If it cannot be all these things, how can it be considered a God, with such limitations?

I’m not a big fan of using the word God in this work.  But to be fair I haven’t done 5 Meo-DMT yet either.  I think this reticence comes from the fact that I used to believe in God and that I had to realize that that was just an illusion I was creating.  So, I don’t even want to use the word anymore.  It’s one of those words that is best avoided in this work in my opinion.  I would not use the word God in my own teachings if I were to be guiding people on this path through my own theories.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This is the reason self inquiry and mediation, etc, are suggested. When we hear what someone says, we’re in a position to believe or not believe, and some times people even skip the belief consideration and just say that now they know, based on what they’ve heard. The only synonym I come up with, from my practices, is unconditional love & absolute. Some say there’s just a void of nothing. Some say it just is. Some say we are not it. Some say we are it. There is still only one way to find out. Self inquiry is powerful. How does one know if they have sorted through their own beliefs, ego, assumptions, and got the bottom of things? I say it’s like being in love, you know when you know, it’s transcendent to thinking, rationalization, and communication. 

The real question is how dedicated is one to their own discovery of the truth, which requires radical self honesty in dealing with assumptions and ego. 

@Joseph Maynor I hear you on that! I went full circle (like 10 years lol) on the word God. It seemed like everyone I knew was using it out of ignorance, indoctrination and conjecture. I think your self honesty is priceless man. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

GOD is just a word ... 

It's like the story of the blind people who were touching an elephant and they asked them to describe what it was.

"A king has the blind men of the capital brought to the palace, where an elephant is brought in and they are asked to describe it.

When the blind men had each felt a part of the elephant, the king went to each of them and said to each: 'Well, blind man, have you seen the elephant? Tell me, what sort of thing is an elephant?'

The men assert the elephant is either like a pot (the blind man who felt the elephant's head), a winnowing basket (ear), a plowshare (tusk), a plow (trunk), a granary (body), a pillar (foot), a mortar (back), a pestle (tail) or a brush (tip of the tail).

The men cannot agree with one another and come to blows over the question of what it is like and their dispute delights the king. The Buddha ends the story by comparing the blind men to preachers and scholars who are blind and ignorant and hold to their own views: "Just so are these preachers and scholars holding various views blind and unseeing.... In their ignorance they are by nature quarrelsome, wrangling, and disputatious, each maintaining reality is thus and thus." The Buddha then speaks the following verse:

O how they cling and wrangle, some who claim
For preacher and monk the honored name!
For, quarreling, each to his view they cling.
Such folk see only one side of a thing. "

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

God is simply a higher power, it cannot be desribed, but it can be known. I have not taken 5meo, but 2 years of smoking a lot of hash everyday and meditating can give the same effect, and give a glimpse of a higher power, which I eventually had, a very powerful one too. This not a matter of belief and these plants are not there without a meaning or for superficial fun.

@Highest Great point. I can speak, at least, for high doses of psylicibin, and they rip away the ego and it’s beliefs. Self discovery is really a no-belief thing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In my opinion there's not such a thing as an atheist. And atheist believes anyway in an idea of creation, it doesn't matter if it is the big bang, or some theory. Like a religious person the atheist sees a part of the truth and he denies the idea of GOD of the religious man.

But not GOD/REALITY/THAT/WHAT IS .... because the idea of GOD that the religious person has is just that, an idea. It's not the real thing.

If we could describe REALITY with words we wouldn't be here sharing different opinions about what REALITY is... or that Higher Power as @Highest has said.

I like that name... higher power. 

:-)

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Highest Great point. I can speak, at least, for high doses of psylicibin, and they rip away the ego and it’s beliefs. Self discovery is really a no-belief thing. 

That's true @Nahm, basically what "we" realize is that "we" are that. In reality is not that we are looking for GOD, we are looking for our true nature.

:-)

Edited by abrakamowse

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Indeed, all psychedelics can rip away the ego and it's beliefs, we just need to take enough of it. With weed you need time as well due.