Afonso

Send Me Your Questions To Mooji

52 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But what if there's more beyond that?

Just because we can't imagine an alternative, doesn't say much about reality. It merely reaffirms that our imaginations are limited.

Maybe if we encounter an alien civilization with a far more developed brain than ours, we will know the answer. Our imaginations might indeed be limited by the brain. Maybe there are an infinite amount of those civilization who are infinitely more developed and have access to infinite higher realities than we think is possible. But wouldn't they also be part of that same infinite One?

@jimrich At his stage, it's not something one does or tries. It's permanent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But what if there's more beyond that?

Just because we can't imagine an alternative, doesn't say much about reality. It merely reaffirms that our imaginations are limited.

And how can we assume then, that we are not again beginning to identify with something different than body/mind and there could be a whole new dimension of suffering? Something which would require an infinitely higher level of consciousness for liberation.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I am open to any possibility.

But I must admit, the Absolute sure feels Absolute.

But then again, if reality really wanted to fuck with us, it would create an Absolute, and then something more beyond that which we cannot imagine or access in any way.

Maybe everything is not one? Maybe everything is 359,458,134? After all, if the most you could access was one, you'd have no clue about anything else beyond. And you'd feel like you've accessed everything without any possible exception.

Enlightenment could be the ultimate epistemic trap. One from which you will never escape.

An enlightened master will of course deny all this. But then again, that's exactly what he would do if he was epistemically trapped beyond all escape.

And the craziest thing about it is, even if you became fully enlightened, this would still not resolve the problem. You'd certainly feel like you attain the Absolute and nothing more could be. But that might merely be your delusion. You could end up as epistemically lost as your enlightened master, and you'd never know it.

It really is like a form of insanity or living in another reality from which there is no return. Or falling through a black hole.

I see. This is what I was always wondering. The uncertainty about reaching a real conclusion used to deter me, but now I'm thinking it's best to just inquire anyway because there is nothing more worthwhile or satisfying the pursuing Truth.

Is that your sentiment/motive? What keeps you going?

@username Have your first enlightenment experience, and then you'll be able to reason about all this more clearly. Enlightenment will obliterate your whole paradigm of what reality and life are, to such a degree, that all your past metaphysical questions will become pointless to a large extent. If you still have doubts after that, we can talk.

My motive is making sense of life.

@Timotheus Don't worry about that. Enlightenment is more than you could ever ask for. All your worries will melt away. At least until you have to clean the stinky litter box ;)

Why would a person want to become enlightened? What's in it for him/her?

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

What's in it for him/her?

Only the entirety of creation.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But then again, if reality really wanted to fuck with us, it would create an Absolute, and then something more beyond that which we cannot imagine or access in any way.

Maybe everything is not one? Maybe everything is 359,458,134? After all, if the most you could access was one, you'd have no clue about anything else beyond. And you'd feel like you've accessed everything without any possible exception.

Enlightenment could be the ultimate epistemic trap. One from which you will never escape.

An enlightened master will of course deny all this. But then again, that's exactly what he would do if he was epistemically trapped beyond all escape.

And the craziest thing about it is, even if you became fully enlightened, this would still not resolve the problem. You'd certainly feel like you attain the Absolute and nothing more could be. But that might merely be your delusion. You could end up as epistemically lost as your enlightened master, and you'd never know it.

It really is like a form of insanity or living in another reality from which there is no return. Or falling through a black hole.

Go deeper, who cares?

Our highest 'duty' is to become clear to ourselves, resolve all the suppressed emotions which cause the turmoil in the body mind.

And then actually the need to know will fall away, as when you are absolutely happy you are too busy enjoying and loving life, being the most wise of all.

As of absolute matter, there is just consciousness, and there is just manifestation, 'it just is'. 

It's one because it is, because it is you, are there 2 of you?

What else is there to know about it? Nothing, it's the purest simplicity.  

So I would say watch yourself and go about the cleaning business first, terms such as 'problem' 'trap' 'fuck with us' 'insanity' and 'epistemically lost' are just left over concept shields still ingrained to not face the masks/Self that makes it feel separate. 

This is not an attack but advice, If I am wrong then so be it,

if it offends you then you know it's true. Peace ;)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course we already know he's done it.

I'm talking about giving 5-meo to an enlightened master to see if it will reveal anything more for him. That would be an important scientific achievement.

Not 5meo, but im sure many have heard the story Ram Dass (told by himself) gave 4 tabs (i think, it was at least 1000ug) of 300ug/each quality lsd to maharaji. It didnt have effect on him. It would be a great experiment to give 5meo for example these guys 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How does this fit to your blog-post "Everything Is Understandable"? The quoted text seems to reaffirm the paradigm that reality is the ultimate mystery. But your blog post seems to say otherwise. If everything is perfectly understood, where is the mystery and uncertainty? 

How is everything understandable if we try to understand from a limited perspective?

Personally just say Thank you for what he has done and shared with the world as through genuine gratitude all answers should come naturally when they need to :)

B R E A T H E

11 hours ago, Anna1 said:

It's the play (Lila),  the "apparent" phenomenal universe, afterlife, channeling, NDE's, whatever...it's all included...why wouldn't it be. To throw some Vedanta in...it's Isvara creation, "all" of it.

Oh, it absolutely is! Enlightenment is for the mind, intellect to be specific. Once Self knowledge removes ignorance of one's true nature and this knowledge is "firm". You see it was/is just a big joke. Awareness playing hide and seek with itself. 

Just my 2 cents.:)

This is what I think about enlightenment, is only a mental illusion.  The "Samathi" (Oneness) experienced is another subject-object illusion. 

Why isn't there a emoji mooji, is it because he doesn't identify with his body? :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Echoes said:

How does this fit to your blog-post "Everything Is Understandable"? The quoted text seems to reaffirm the paradigm that reality is the ultimate mystery. But your blog post seems to say otherwise. If everything is perfectly understood, where is the mystery and uncertainty? 

How is everything understandable if we try to understand from a limited perspective?

If you read it carefully, I said in the blog post everything SEEMS understandable.

You can't know what you don't know.

Everything I say could be wrong. All my knowledge is probabilistic.

Also, maybe the thing you will end up understanding is that everything can't be understood.

On 08/07/2017 at 3:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

Haha - I queried exactly this theory with you on a previous thread and your reply was that is wasn't possible, as I have never tried 5meo so therefore I will never understand that Absolute is the only Absolute.. (something along those lines anyway)

Maybe you misinterpreted my question, but I was basically saying that there must be a possibility that Absolute Truth is another illusion, and there could be something beyond that, which we will never have any idea about.. ever. At least in  consciously anyway. 

Edited by Seed

@Seed I said that, because that's what you needed to hear ;)

Until you've experienced the Absolute, you have no frame of reference from which to question it.

My questions in this post are of a speculative, pushing-the-edge-of-my-knowledge type questions. I wouldn't give this as advice to newbies.

I'm so sorry guys :( Mooji could not find time to meet with my friend yesterday... we couldn't stay there another night so we left.

I'm thinking about joining a 7-day retreat in September.