Hugo Oliveira

How to spot a demon?

14 posts in this topic

Ten years ago, I had a terrible experience with psychedelics. I was with a friend who has many religious traumas because of his mother, who dealt with witchcraft and religions linked to entities, etc. During the experience, my friend experienced a possession. He screamed and thrashed around (almost destroyed my car). I'm not religious, but at that moment, I was able to exorcise him in the name of Jesus.

After that experience, my life became quite challenging. I began to suffer from depression and other problems.

In the days following the experience, I really considered and feared this idea of demons and entities. I thought that perhaps I might have absorbed something negative due to the openness provided by psychedelics and the type of energy present in the setting.

Today, I am more connected with medicine, psychiatry, health in general, and nonduality to deal with the suffering that still occurs.

However, at times, I still become curious about the possibility of dealing with an entity or demon. In some subsequent psychedelic experiences, I quickly perceived something very negative hidden in my energy field.

I'm not sure of anything and would even like to dismiss this possibility. However, I prefer to be speculative and open-minded in my healing process.

I appreciate everyone who can contribute information. This is a very sensitive topic for me, so please, if you don't have enough maturity and competence to comment on it, avoid posting. This is a friendly and honest request.

Posted (edited)

@Hugo Oliveira I don't know there is something going on with demons. Maybe I would call them symbolic representations of neurological energetic patterns in your brain, which have negative themes in common (hate).

I saw a demon in Astral plane. He was just standing there. So I know they exist ( whatever they are)

Edited by OBEler

When you want to grow into your larger Self you have to integrate demons.

So demons are not something to fear, they are something to Love and to integrate, to conjure and to align with a greater purpose.

They are not evil. They are part of the Good... they are you.

Back then I feel like I am always being followed. I felt something's presence. It appeared to be louder when I am alone and not with my family (when they are not around). I got this a lot as a child/young kid. I hear breathes a lot. Until I went to a place where there are others. I guess they like young kids because now I no longer had it. Back then I could felt the presence of God ,angels and demons. It just felt like there are other beings other than the seen. The spirit world. But now I no longer felt it. 

And I used to have a recurrent dream of flying /floating. It was a theme I had throughout childhood and adulthood. But then , I grow out of it. 

I'm no expert but I feel like if you fear these things youre more likely to attract them to you so I feel the most important thing is to try to keep calm and grounded which youre already trying to do which is good. It's just this intuition I have regarding these things. 

Posted (edited)

I think you create them and then you reinforce them until they take over your mind. All out of fear, so the way to spot one is to think did that scare me? It was probably demon programming.

Demon imo = negative thought pattern

Demonized = when you let this negative thought pattern change your every day actions.

They can range from my neighbour dosent like me I will wait inside until he goes inside. To this person is poisoning me with 0 proof I will kill them.

Edited by Hojo

Consciousness is always safe in the end. But sometimes it will dream up nightmares to scare itself. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Be at peace. Read Joseph Campbell citing the 6000 or 9000 BC Hindu texts saying all the gods and demons and heavens and hells and heroes and villains are inside each of us. Your external world is a manifestation of your internal world. Do shadow work by Carl Jung. Let go of all concepts and religious dogmas. Make peace with the demon. Integrate then demon into your psyche and personality. Do not resist the demon. Embrace the demon and listen.

Be at peace. Good luck. :)

12 hours ago, Hugo Oliveira said:

Ten years ago, I had a terrible experience with psychedelics. I was with a friend who has many religious traumas because of his mother, who dealt with witchcraft and religions linked to entities, etc. During the experience, my friend experienced a possession. He screamed and thrashed around (almost destroyed my car). I'm not religious, but at that moment, I was able to exorcise him in the name of Jesus.

After that experience, my life became quite challenging. I began to suffer from depression and other problems.

In the days following the experience, I really considered and feared this idea of demons and entities. I thought that perhaps I might have absorbed something negative due to the openness provided by psychedelics and the type of energy present in the setting.

Today, I am more connected with medicine, psychiatry, health in general, and nonduality to deal with the suffering that still occurs.

However, at times, I still become curious about the possibility of dealing with an entity or demon. In some subsequent psychedelic experiences, I quickly perceived something very negative hidden in my energy field.

I'm not sure of anything and would even like to dismiss this possibility. However, I prefer to be speculative and open-minded in my healing process.

I appreciate everyone who can contribute information. This is a very sensitive topic for me, so please, if you don't have enough maturity and competence to comment on it, avoid posting. This is a friendly and honest request.

İf you want to find a demon, look at the mirror. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interdimensional_UFO_hypothesis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Vallée

Jacques Vallée, Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers

The Multiverse of Infinite Reality with its endless gardens of good & evil.

The eddies, vortexes,waves of the appearances of good&evil of the mighty infinite River of Reality are fascinating.

And beyond good & evil and angels & demons, rumour has it that even some very fascinating ET-minds in alien ET-dimensions can be accessed. Just more appearances and eddies of appearance on the Infinite River that one truly is, giving the separate-self even more distraction-opportunities in its nearly endless endeavour of chasing its own tail, but who cares...  ^_^

And until the fascination of this wave-surfing is at least partically relaxed, telling about the bliss of dropping into the River and dissolving in it (instead of being endlessly fascinated by the games of its waves/vortexes/appearances) remains that largely futile task of

Selling Water by the River 

... just tea :)

Edited by Water by the River

Posted (edited)

"Demons", "entities", "energies", are frames to make sense of your experience, and often less fortunate ones at that. They assume some sort of malevolent force or agent that is involved, which may not be the case and which can complicate and magnify the traumatic response (which is a more appropriate frame imo). Traumas happen quite easily without involving malevolent agents, and when they are involved, they tend to be worse.

So be cautious about invoking such notions after a traumatic experience, especially when the reason to do so is not clear. Have you ever seen a demon with your own eyes? Have you ever seen a demon that you for sure knew was personally invested in inflicting harm on you? If not, what use does that frame have? Is it not enough to say you underwent a traumatic experience and that you felt that it left a mark on you?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Hugo Oliveira said:

Do you belong to God or just call upon Jesus whenever you need something? 

Edited by MellowEd

Yes demon are real. Hell is real. Satan is master deceiver.

How to spot them? They look like black orbs.

Ask God to give you spirituall eyes so you can see them. 

Posted (edited)

The demon is a representation that emerges to get relief from the state of anxiety caused by not knowing. In the same way that in the middle-ages in europe, the oceans on maps had all kinds of crazy monsters on them, we tend to "fill in the blanks" of something we don't understand, and usually fill it with something dark and evil. It is like a canvas for the imagination to create all sorts of explanations to relieve the tension caused by not knowing if there is a threat in the "darkness". 

This effect tends to be especially strong in us with a Christian upbringing, since we have been taught that there is an all-good and all-loving God that has consciously planned and created the universe. In our minds this causes us to feel conflicted, since there still is all kinds of evil and suffering in the world.

How can absolute evil come from something that is absolutely good? This leaves a powerful void of not knowing around evil and suffering in the world, and all sorts of attempts are made to get relief from this anxious state. This void is often filled with the character of a demon, or even ultimately Satan himself as that which must be the source of all evil, and must be behind everything that is bad in the world. But ultimately there is no Satan as an entirely independent identity, Satan is a scapegoat, a projection canvas that has been collectively imagined to bring coherence and relief from this cloud of not knowing. It is still experienced by people because the belief is at such a fundamental level in the mind, so it is not entirely imaginary like what we call a delusion, since many people do experience it and report similiar things. But this mostly springs from a shared worldview that tends to generate the same representation in multiple peoples minds. 

Basically it is the same phenomenon that happens when we fear darkness or the unknown in general, we imagine all sorts of monsters and dangers lurking in the shadows. It is not that they are necessarily there, yet we don't want to turn on the lights because we think the monsters (which we have imagined) will be there, see us and destroy us completely. Again, they do have a sort of "reality", since it is a collectively shared representation/imagination or "weakly objective". 

So in a world of demons and monsters, in a world with a lot of unknown, we tend to find solace in the representations that present themselves as opposing forces to the darkness. We find true relief through Jesus or whoever, yet we also simultaneously accept that the monsters really are real and that we must resist them since they want to destroy us.

So, it seems to me the leap into the arms of God or Jesus (as representations that oppose dark/evil) brings true and deep relief, at least temporarily, but ultimately it still keeps the war going, it evades a fully lucid confrontation with the Absurd. Through facing the Absurd, (the seeming contradiction of good/evil ) I believe there lies an opportunity for understanding, for wholeness and for true peace. 

Reminds me of a few quotes:

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." 

--------------------------------

"Recognition of the reality of evil necessarily relativizes the good, and the evil likewise, converting both into halves of a paradoxical whole."

--------------------------------

"It is a bewildering thing in human life that the things that cause the greatest fear is the source of the greatest wisdom."

-Carl Jung

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse