Javfly33

Is It possible to know what Consciousness literally is??

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I dont mean what IS It terms of putting It a label, like God, Infinity, me, appearance, etc.

I mean literally what IS It. Like Directly/literally.

If i Focus on the experience of listening to sound, i realize i dont know what is this phenomena of sound, or awareness.

Is completely strange, i dont what is It, yet is all i have had in Life until now. Crazy!

Can It be known? What the hell is this God DAMN It!!!! IS MAKING ME NUTS!! I want to stop pursuing fucking enlightment, is impossible to break this enigma, that literally is in front of my eyes. 

Edited by Javfly33

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

I dont mean what IS It terms of putting It a label, like God, Infinity, me, appearance, etc.

If i Focus on the experience of listening to sound, i realize i dont know what is this phenomena of sound, or awareness.

Is completely strange, i dont what is It, yet is all i have had in Life until now. Crazy!

Can It be known? What the hell is this God DAMN It!!!! IS MAKING ME NUTS!! I want to stop pursuing fucking enlightment, is impossible to break this enigma, that literally is in front of my eyes. 

It is genuinely not knowing. Anything you know is illusion itself, including you, biggest belief in the first place. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

Yes, you can open your mind and deeply perceive how intelligence flows and what its substance is. It is your substance. If you remove everything else your substance remains, and obviously it is something, since you exist. It is precisely existence, which is intelligence and life. all that exists is that substance. This does not mean that you know absolutely anything, if the others are real, etc., all of these are ideas in the end, which may or may not be right, but reality is the substance, and there are degrees of openness to it. . You don't have to be brave or anything like that to open yourself to existence, you have to be smart in the sense that being closed to existence is not going to protect you from absolutely anything and it is also going to be bitter, so nothing is gained, it is stupid. You don't have to be a hero to open yourself to existence, you have to be practical

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

@Javfly33 keep pushing, you are close. You are gonna breakthrough soon. I've been there, that's why you feel like breaking something. You are gonna breakthrough soon, keep pushing, last round of the fight. This is the dragon that guards the treasure 

Edited by Davino

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

I think asking "what" it is, is already going too far. A "what" implies that it's something. It is, what it is. It is everything. It is nothing. It is any and every "what", yet non at the same time.

That's too many extra steps. You're already it. The only way to know it, is to BE it. Knowing and being are the same. You know yourself, by being yourself. So in that sense, you will have to remove everything that you are not, before you can know yourself truly. You have to empty the cup and see what's left then.

That's one perspective. There is no way to explicate a "what". From another perspective you could say, that there is no removing to do, because you are already everything, and nothing can be removed from all there is.

That's also valid. In the end, you'll have to dance around with these differing perspectives and see what remains true from within each and every single one of them. Consciousness is not any individual perspective, it's every perspective, or in other words: It's that which remains true no matter the perspective you're looking at it from.

beep boop

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Can It be known?

Yes, but in a mysterious mystical sorta way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Can It be known?

No it can't

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but in a mysterious mystical sorta way.

gp7jqqd959j31.png

Posted (edited)

Nothing. No thing. Undefined. Pure non-definitiveness. Infinite. Unlimited.

You are it already. You just imagine otherwise. When you imagine what you are, you limit what you are.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Perhaps you might want to ask yourself the question... why am I so incredibly obsessed with "knowing"? Could all of this frantic chasing after the holy grail be a mechanism of distraction from something?

Just a thought.

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Right now you are like a fish in water with the ability to understand human language asking what water is and saying is it possible to understand what Water is?

Consciousness has ALWAYS been direct. What is Consciousness? You ARE, I AM. That is it. The ability to exist, and be aware that you exist is Consciousness. This is how experience can exist at all. Without existence...you literally cannot be CONSIOUS. 

This is why someone like Osho says there is no God, there is only DIRECT experience. What Osho was saying was religious notions of a god are false, direct experience is what it is. The whole point of meditation is to take your attention away from the gross emanations of sensory perception, and to focus on the lack of sensory perception. 

Once you focus on the lack of sensory perception long enough you discover that the lack of sensory perception and sensory perception are the same. Sensory perception is just an appearance that arises as something made of nothing. So the whole point is to discover what nothing is. Nothing is lack of qualia, lack of difference, it is the null, the void. You must have an Awakening into the void. Once you accomplish that, then you need to awaken to the fact that right now everything is the void.

Then you need to awaken to the fact that this void is PURE LOVE, PURE UNITY, and it cannot be any other way. Etc....I won't repeat ad nauseam. Without these investigations and awakenings you will not discover what is going on. Understand you have laid the foundation for this understanding as bread crumbs through reality and it is up to you to find those crumbs and follow the trail.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

What is Consciousness? You ARE, I AM. That is it. The ability to exist, and be aware that you exist is Consciousness.

I wouldn't say existence needs an I to exist.

Consciousness is conscious of the "I" and in this way, I AM is the first word or self reflection of cosnciousness

Consciousness in itself just is because is isness itself

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

15 hours ago, Davino said:

@Javfly33 keep pushing, you are close. You are gonna breakthrough soon. I've been there, that's why you feel like breaking something. You are gonna breakthrough soon, keep pushing, last round of the fight. This is the dragon that guards the treasure 

Haha thanks 🙏😃 Definetely feel like on the verge, last week weirdly been having memories of being a small child, memories that never arised in the past or a long time ago. Something in my deepest core of my being must be activating... 

Btw thanks all for your replies, they help. I feel all of you have a sense of Truth but is not enough for me to break the illusion. I Will Keep going. 

You must only become the question “What is this Mind?” or “What is it that hears these sounds?” When you realize this Mind you will know that it is the very source of all Buddhas and sentient beings. ...  At work, at rest, never stop trying to realize who it is that hears.

Even though your questioning penetrates the unconscious, you won’t find the one who hears, and all your efforts will come to naught. Yet sounds can be heard, so question yourself to an even profounder level. At last every vestige of self-awareness will disappear and you will feel like a cloudless sky. Within yourself you will find no “I,” nor will you discover anyone who hears.

This Mind is like the void, yet it hasn’t a single spot that can be called empty. Do not mistake this state for Self-realization, but continue to ask yourself even more intensely, “Now who is it that hears?” If you bore and bore into this question, oblivious to anything else, even this feeling of voidness will vanish and you won’t be aware of anything—total darkness will prevail. [Don’t stop here, but] keep asking with all your strength, “What is it that hears?”

Only when you have completely exhausted the questioning will the question burst; now you will feel like someone who has come back from the dead. This is true realization. You will see the Buddhas of all the universes face-to-face and the Dharma Ancestors past and present. 

Bassui. Kapleau, Three Pillars of Zen

17 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

You must only become the question “What is this Mind?” or “What is it that hears these sounds?” When you realize this Mind you will know that it is the very source of all Buddhas and sentient beings. ...  At work, at rest, never stop trying to realize who it is that hears.

Even though your questioning penetrates the unconscious, you won’t find the one who hears, and all your efforts will come to naught. Yet sounds can be heard, so question yourself to an even profounder level. At last every vestige of self-awareness will disappear and you will feel like a cloudless sky. Within yourself you will find no “I,” nor will you discover anyone who hears.

This Mind is like the void, yet it hasn’t a single spot that can be called empty. Do not mistake this state for Self-realization, but continue to ask yourself even more intensely, “Now who is it that hears?” If you bore and bore into this question, oblivious to anything else, even this feeling of voidness will vanish and you won’t be aware of anything—total darkness will prevail. [Don’t stop here, but] keep asking with all your strength, “What is it that hears?”

Only when you have completely exhausted the questioning will the question burst; now you will feel like someone who has come back from the dead. This is true realization. You will see the Buddhas of all the universes face-to-face and the Dharma Ancestors past and present. 

Bassui. Kapleau, Three Pillars of Zen

Aaaaawww. And here I thought you had blessed us for once with a true @Water by the River original! -_-

Anyway, great share.

Why so serious?

But kidding aside, this is the Zen version of the key stage from going what some call Nonduality/Buddhism/rodents  to Enlightenment. Beginning Nonduality is still in the dream, a subtle self merged in unity with the visual field, exchanging the dual dream for the nondual dream. But still a dream. When this Unity-self gets thinner and thinner, more and more transcended (Thisdell stage 4 to Thisdell stage 5), then:

Everything - "every vestige of self-awareness", or any subtle I-feeling/I-thought/duality (all subtle illusions) have to be seen through and transcended with automized high-speed awarenes (speed, because these illusions arise extremly fast towards the end) and familiarity (strength, because there are some very subtle "feelings" and other arisings that constitute the separate-self) with these subtle obscurations. Speed & Strength of Awareness (courtesy to Frank Yang). And that has to be done automatic, no doer/agent doing it anymore ("Nonmeditation Yoga").

And then at the end it can really break open, in a way that can't be anticipated: You will see the Buddhas of all the universes face-to-face and the Dharma Ancestors past and present. Literally. Their essence.

Before that stages, afterwards nowhere to go... Infinite Being.

2 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Now tell me without irony that anybody really needs another WbtR Filibuster... xD ^_^

:D

Seriously though, when I read that I was like "damn... His Moistness is stepping up his game!" Not that your usual game is to be sneered at, heh.

Naaah, got to hand it to you... you are one of the very few - if not the only one - on here who has actually useful advice to offer. Most of us just wax lyrical about absolute reality and whatnot because we enjoy listening to our own yapping; and I certainly don't exclude myself from that venerable club. ;)

Why so serious?