Javfly33

Is It possible to know what Consciousness literally is??

24 posts in this topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassui_Tokushō

Bassui text above btw. is 14th century Japan.

Seems that the eternal truth really does not change... Of course, not as thrilling as the latest ET, but considering that the topic is really Nothing (although a quite special & infinite Nothing"ness"), I find Bassuis letters quite inspiring.

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I dont mean what IS It terms of putting It a label, like God, Infinity, me, appearance, etc.

I mean literally what IS It. Like Directly/literally.

If i Focus on the experience of listening to sound, i realize i dont know what is this phenomena of sound, or awareness.

Is completely strange, i dont what is It, yet is all i have had in Life until now. Crazy!

Can It be known? What the hell is this God DAMN It!!!! IS MAKING ME NUTS!! I want to stop pursuing fucking enlightment, is impossible to break this enigma, that literally is in front of my eyes. 

It can't be known, because it is prior to knowing - the hand cannot grasp itself because it is itself.

The self reference problem.   

This is the mysterious nature of Conscoiusness or God -it cannot be pinpointed anywhere because it already is everything.

It's like Mario in the game - he can point everywhere within the game, but he cannot reach outside of the game to point back at himself.

But, it can BE - one can BE Pure Consciousness, and Being is superior to knowing because it is prior.  

(and in the Mario example, Being would allow him to wake up from the game and break out of it)

So Omnisicience isn't "knowing" it's being.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Now who is it that hears?

I'd say that it's secondary because hear is something that happens in the reality, then who hears appears. there is no conciousness as a primary thing, it's existence, and in the existence conciousness appears, it's inherent to existence but not cause. There is no hearing without the sound, or sound without hearing, so they are the same. There is just reality arising. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Inliytened1 right. so the sounds are literally happening within me.

The sounds are actually my consciousnesss.

My consciousnesss IS Infinite and is all over the place. My consciousnesss IS an Infinite field.

As It with the sounds, the same is with my visual perception.

Im looking the sky and sea view now and im finally Accepting that IS my consciousnesss.