k-ahmadzadeh

How you will spend your life after 40?

18 posts in this topic

It seems to me that being physically young plays a part in fueling our motivation to build a great future and chase exciting goals. But once we hit 40, what's the game plan? As a 26-year-old young man, life already feels unbearable and very dull for me. Maybe it's my chronic mild depression, but whatever the case, finding top-notch motivation is a struggle when my life goals don't ignite any passion. Still, being young and having some vision keeps me hanging on, at least enough to keep working. But what about when I hit that older phase of life?

I'm curious about your perspective on your 40s. How do you envision spending that period of your life?

Bests

No idea, honestly. There’s so many new and exciting things I’m doing at 27 that I would’ve avoided or ignored even just a year ago, so it’s hard to predict where I’ll be even 5 years from now.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Idk, but the only outcomes I’ll accept are either meditating in the jungle or trying to build the next Nintendo and Sony. 

I am planning to set myself up materially till 30. After that stability is achieved, I decide to pursue material ventures till 40 and go full monkhood afterwards.

Hopefully by then I would've cloned myself a few times over (still a tall order) ;).. I'm half joking.

And hopefully by then I found a more efficient way to do it too.. :ph34r:

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You guys act like 40 is the end xD

I'm 39 so I guess the end is near for me, but i actually think they can be the best times of your life if you've been improving and working on yourself leading up to it. When I was young I felt a lot more lost, anxious, scared of life, I didn't know myself that well. Now I'm so much more comfortable in my own skin, I do things I want to do, I've started learning an instrument and started a band, I've started a local football team, I volunteer for a charity, I have a business  much better relationships and I just enjoy these things. When I was younger I was just worried about what I should be rather than what I actually want. So I think the clarity is a big gift and I also feel like I need to make the most of things, before I felt like I'd be young forever. 

I am 42, so I may give you a warning. Take good care of your Gut,Liver,Gallblader, and General Jing energy. Dont burn the candle from both sides to fast. You will need Health to keep both in External Realization and Inner Awekenings. 

If you take care about the basics to make a sustainable lifestyle and have some kind of independence from other people, like living alone and having your debts paid, it is quite a bliss and you really underestand that you can change even your base assumptions about life. In that case, why does your age even matter? If you will not fight for health, then your life is predefined to implode into a downward spiral (it still can, however at least your health will not decline by your own merit).

I think one way to move forward is to try to figure out what you really want first out of all the things you would like to experience. Of course getting what you want usually would require you to grow in some area, so then you try to find effective ways to improve yourself. You build yourself finally to get a taste of the pleasure you've been seeking, but afterwards you realize how short the thrill was and how fulfilling it actually is that you've become a bit different during the build process. And gradually you shift your mindset from pleasure seeking to fulfillment and community building.

Hi @Consept, do you think this would work for people who don't know what to do in their twenties?

2 hours ago, ted73104 said:

Hi @Consept, do you think this would work for people who don't know what to do in their twenties?

Yeah essentially in your 20s ideally it should be an experimentation phase where you're just trying different things and seeing what sticks and what you enjoy. Most people in their 20s do a lot of partying as they feel that's what they should do because everyone does it, but as you mature you start to narrow down to what you actually like doing. 

Also I think in your 20s you want to really delve into any unaddressed trauma you might have or any mental issues and build up your self-awareness and self love. Essentially you want to make sure your ship is steady as you go further into life, from this perspective you will always make increasingly better choices as this improves. If you don't improve this and get into a routine, it will be harder to address the issues and then harder to get out of whatever situation you find yourself in. 

But as they say its all about the journey so enjoy it wherever it takes you 

@Consept nicely said. Being 27, I do find myself almost approaching the end of my 20s. I can now look back at how much progress I’ve made in the past decade and it is really inspiring.. So much so that I’m even inspiring my parents who are in their 60s. They’ve recently been in the process of rediscovering the drive they had back when they were my age.

Life is like poetry.. it rhymes!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

13 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Consept nicely said. Being 27, I do find myself almost approaching the end of my 20s. I can now look back at how much progress I’ve made in the past decade and it is really inspiring.. So much so that I’m even inspiring my parents who are in their 60s. They’ve recently been in the process of rediscovering the drive they had back when they were my age.

Life is like poetry.. it rhymes!

That's amazing, you should be proud of yourself! You will find and probably have found, that once you make that shift and truly love yourself, you can now give freely. When you don't you'll always be in a taker mindset, as in you go into every situation in terms of what you can get out of it, or you feel like those around you haven't given you enough. You seem to have gotten into this giver mindset, when I say giver I don't mean just literally giving people money or whatever, I mean giving with your intention, your love, your compassion etc. People really feel that even if they dont articulate it, obviously in your situation your parents are feeling it and it's incredible you've reached that at a relatively young age!

Posted (edited)

In Bliss.

I'm 28.

It doesn't make sense to me to plan deeply about something that is that far away.

I love what Jesus says in Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."

And Baba Neem Karoli.

If I focus daily on understanding my True Self, shedding desires, and cultivating the qualities of kindness, discernment, sincerity - I believe that will solve 95% of issues I'd have at age 40.

Second to that I focus daily on building my financial competence, social skills, problem-solving skills, health, self-sufficiency skills (growing food, construction, electricity, plumbing, permaculture, sewing).

images-2.jpeg

Edited by Brandon Nankivell

45 minutes ago, meta_male said:

in jail

as a security guard

I don't know man. I don't think I will make it past 30. Got to make the most while I am still here. 

@k-ahmadzadeh I mentioned in a previous post but I hope to have more time to do the simple things in life more often. I also actually hope to get into politics and change the world. Politics is full of people that are deeply unspiritual

40 for me is 10 years away and the world will have to respond to so many more dysfunctions eg climate change, excessive wealth inequality, AI etc. It’s going to be more turbulent for our society

the one thing missing that I see in society is people are deeply disconnected and that is the root of many problems. I think Leo should get into politics personally