NineHfanbase

Why does awakening resonate with some and not others?

37 posts in this topic

When I first heard eckhart tolle talking about enlightenment, my entire life was turned upside down. whatever I thought was the most important thing in the world, had absolutely zero importance in a split second. All the confusion in my life was suddenly made sense of by this man that I’ve never seen before. Then I became obsessed with figuring this whole thing out.

But when I show that exact same clip to others, I’ve had several responses: 1. They ignore it and change the subject 2. They want to punch him in the face 3. They make fun of him, and it’s very clear nothing he is saying resonates with them in the slightest 4. They acknowledge that it is good advice, but it’s clear it had no significant impact on their views about life.

This really intrigues me. How could people have such different reactions to the same thing? Clearly it’s ego defense mechanisms, but how can the absolute truth of who you are not resonate with you in the slightest???

@NineHfanbase Amen my friend it's just different wants and desires that people have for themselves that make their priority list in life some people are just not interested in spirituality they want other things and have other goals in their life which is more important to them

I mean I do not know the people you've shown these videos to; I'm just guessing they too are the same

May you yourself continue to flourish and grow my friend thanks for reading my words🙏🏼❤️

Edited by Atb210201

1 minute ago, Atb210201 said:

@NineHfanbase Amen my friend it's just different wants and desires that people have for themselves that make their priority list in life some people are not just interested in spirituality they want other things and have other goals in their life which is more important to them

I mean I do not know the people you've shown these videos to; I'm just guessing they too are the same

May you yourself continue to flourish and grow my friend thanks for reading my words🙏🏼❤️

But Enlightenment is not an interest or a hobby, it is the essence of what you are. Why do some people see this and others don’t even acknowledge it? 

1 minute ago, NineHfanbase said:

But Enlightenment is not an interest or a hobby, it is the essence of what you are. Why do some people see this and others don’t even acknowledge it? 

The earthly wants and desires my friend are in the way

You have to want something beyond the physical world in the first place to be interested in these subjects

Edited by Atb210201

It's because of previous lives. If you had theological instruction before and was a dedicated student and perhaps had enlightenment experiences, it resonates. If not, then not. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

Some are not ready for it, give the normal avg person 100 million $$ and they will be broke in 5yrs, they can't handle it on all levels of their being, same with Spirituality.  I like to use the analogy of Young Souls and Old Souls, the Old Souls are ready for it, the Young ones are not.. Probably has allot to do with their Karmic Makeup!!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Most people are traumatized and disconnected from themselves and keep away from their pain with entertainment and endless distractions.   They don’t even have the awareness of how lost they are.  But, they can still have a life crisis which puts them in a space where they begin the search.

Another factor is delivery.   People who dismiss Tolle may relate better to one of the God religions, like Christianity.   The masses seem to relate better to Bakti Yogi than to Jhana Yoga. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Cause God is keeping them asleep. You are cut off from awakening until God wakes you up. Or you brute force it by not being scared 

Edited by Hojo

Genetics basically.

A chimpanzee doesn't care about enlightenment either.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@NineHfanbase You kinda answered your own question by using the words "awakening" and "resonate." Everyone sleeps and wakes up on their own schedule including me and you. You can't wake someone up. Gurus use Zen koans to enlighten people because it is impossible to wake someone up. It is the ineffable. And the word "resonate" implies you must strike the proper tuning fork to get someone to resonate. So focus on yourself and let the universe awaken people when they are ready.

But there is also a giant spiritual-industrial-complex or "sleep-slumber-industrial-complex." People subconsciously know about "awakening" but put all their energy into avoiding the topic and staying asleep. And everyone walks around with an unspoken agreement that they won't acknowledge enlightenment if you promise not to acknowledge enlightenment. The ego is in control. The ego will not let people admit they are wasting their life in pursuit of shelter, food, and creature comforts. People walk around saying "I'll pretend you are who you are if you pretend I am who I am."

And if you are persistent and keep trying to wake someone up, they will seethe with rage and possibly murder you. No one is hated more than he who speaks the truth.

Most people are out here figuring out how to survive in the most maximum ways. They ain’t even interested in experiencing what ego death is, only as an entertaining idea at best.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

It's related to the evolution of your "soul".. 

or you could be already a light being that came here specifically to help out.

^that seems to be how I came here.. I realized some time later it was revealed to me that I came here specifically to be of assistance (rather than to "enjoy this character" for instance).

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You mean the desire to know what's true, and I'm not sure. 

Edited by UnbornTao

11 hours ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

It's because of previous lives. If you had theological instruction before and was a dedicated student and perhaps had enlightenment experiences, it resonates. If not, then not. 

How do you know, there is previous life's? These are all thoughts, nothin never happened.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

12 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

How could people have such different reactions to the same thing?

Much like how peanuts can be really nutritious and healthy for one person, yet be fatal to another. Same peanut, vastly different response. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Genetics basically.

What are genes/genetics exactly? Are genes simply the way life expresses within this particular reality, or does all life depend on some kind of instructions?

I'm asking because you seem to have a new found interest in genetics. But what are the deeper mechanics of how mind limits itself through this specific process? I think it's an idea worth exploring as far as understanding this reality goes, but you don't strike me as the person to be interested in something unless there is something deeper. So what exactly is the depth of your interest in this subject?

beep boop

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What are genes/genetics exactly?

That which makes you not a chimpanzee.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

That which makes you not a chimpanzee.

I understand, but it's kind of reductionistic because it doesn't tell me anything about why that process unfolds in such a way. Is it just one specific way life unfolds, or is there something deeper and more fundamental that we can learn from all of this?

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot It is a deep mystery why you are not a chimpanzee. I don't have an answer. If you ever find out, let us know.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

why you are not a chimpanzee.

Well genetically related to the chimpanzees by 96% or so, so I wouldn't be too sure about that. ;)

beep boop