TheEnigma

What's it like to have lots of consciousness?

58 posts in this topic

If there is a being that has 1000 times more consciousness than me or the average human being, what would they experience? Feel like? How would they see the world and the universe? Would they be able to explain to me in forms of words how it's like? Tough question I know. But i wonder what it's like. Thanks.

I hesitate to answer the post cause I do not want to come across as arrogant. 
you would feel everything more.

you would have more and more empathy.

you would ask yourself powerful question 24/7

sometimes it would be blissful. Sometimes it would be torture.

socialization would be very hard cause you would see through the illusion of it.

you would understand that every time you see someone suffering, there is absolutely no reason why they are suffering and not you.

you would sometimes drive yourself insane.

you would feel a deep sense of fear mixed to a deep trust in the universe.

you would not lie, manipulate cause you would see those as traps.

you would serve the Truth even at the cost of yourself at anytime.

Also I want to end by saying that eventhough someone is 1000 more conscious than you does not mean he is immune to corruption:

But there exists some people than are more conscious than you and still incorruptible :

12 minutes ago, thierry said:

I hesitate to answer the post cause I do not want to come across as arrogant. 
you would feel everything more.

you would have more and more empathy.

you would ask yourself powerful question 24/7

sometimes it would be blissful. Sometimes it would be torture.

socialization would be very hard cause you would see through the illusion of it.

you would understand that every time you see someone suffering, there is absolutely no reason why they are suffering and not you.

you would sometimes drive yourself insane.

you would feel a deep sense of fear mixed to a deep trust in the universe.

you would not lie, manipulate cause you would see those as traps.

you would serve the Truth even at the cost of yourself at anytime.

Also I want to end by saying that eventhough someone is 1000 more conscious than you does not mean he is immune to corruption:

But there exists some people than are more conscious than you and still incorruptible :

Thank you. Have you ever reached many times consciousness than your normal state? And would someone with 1000 times more consciousness be able to explain it to an average person if the average person is indeed open minded enough? Or is it simply impossible?

@TheEnigma easy, being empty as new born baby. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

You know "everything" and become the smartest person on this planet ;)

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, Judy2 said:

nobody "has consciousness" or has a greater or lesser claim on it in comparison to other beings

that's why they call it nonduality

Nonsense.

It is possible to have 1000x more consciousness than a typical human.

A human's consciousness is like that of an ant from God's perspective.

If you accessed Alien Consciousness you would be so amazed and terrified you would shit yourself. I still have shit stains on my carpet from it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No such thing. Consciousness is not relative. Can't be "more."

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nonsense.

A human's consciousness is like that of an ant from God's perspective.

If you accessed Alien Consciousness you would be so amazed and terrified you would shit yourself. I still have shit stains on my carpet from it.

But the real question is, how high could the everday basline of a human reach to? 

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

But the real question is, how high could the everday basline of a human reach to? 

Rat levels.

@Leo Gura so then what's the point of meditation?

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Rat levels.

10 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura so then what's the point of meditation?

Rat is better than ant ;)

Let's say that the range of consciousness is infinite, and being human it is limited, being an ant too, and being an interdimensional alien whose mind encompasses a universe, it will also be limited. only the formless is limitless. So much compared to little is a difference, but when compared to infinity, both are nothing. So, whether an ant or a bacteria or a human or a crocodile, can be in a state of total openness to their true nature, regardless of the breadth that their consciousness encompasses, it encompasses the entirety of another dimension, the depth of what is. This is what matters since it is total, however the amplitude is always partial, that is, nothing compared to infinity

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What keeps a very advanced alien from merging with God? I mean once you hit a certain level of consciousness, it would be hard to keep your form, wouldn't it?

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Let's say that the range of consciousness is infinite, and being human it is limited, being an ant too, and being an interdimensional alien whose mind encompasses a universe, it will also be limited. only the formless is limitless. So much compared to little is a difference, but when compared to infinity, both are nothing. So, whether an ant or a bacteria or a human or a crocodile, can be in a state of total openness to their true nature, regardless of the breadth that their consciousness encompasses, it encompasses the entirety of another dimension, the depth of what is. This is what matters since it is total, however the amplitude is always partial, that is, nothing compared to infinity

Does an ant have Buddha Nature?

Does a rat have Buddha Nature?

Does a human have Buddha Nature?

Does an alien have Buddha Nature?

Does an alien (n+1) have Buddha Nature?

Exactly.

All of these little Koans work if concentrated on long enough...

And then: Is the Buddha Nature of the ant different than that of the alien n+1? Not its contents, or the objects or n+1 understandings it is holding within its field of awareness. But its Buddha Nature, its essence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha-nature

"Buddha-nature has a wide range of (sometimes conflicting) meanings in Indian and later East Asian and Tibetan Buddhist literature. Broadly speaking, it refers to the belief that the luminous mind,[8][9][10] "the natural and true state of the mind,"[11] which is pure (visuddhi) mind undefiled by kleshas,[8] is inherently present in every sentient being, and is eternal and unchanging.[12][13][14] It will shine forth when it is cleansed of the defilements, that is, when the nature of mind is recognised for what it is."

And can that nature of the River (what one IS) be realized multiple times? The always changing n+1 eddies in the River for sure...

Selling the same old infinite eternal Water (or rather ageless, since its never touched by time at all) by the River. 

PS: I made it easy, used Buddhist lingo. So please shoot ahead at the River, will produce some interesting impact-eddies for sure... Have a nice Sunday everyone!

@Water by the River

Meh. How is that kind of talk going to help anyone selling their (future) god realization courses?

Not everyone is content with selling a bunch of water to gullible scuba divers, y'know?

Why so serious?

Consciousness in this context means How Aware of Reality are You, what is the Intensity of Your Inner Experience related to Reality and Clarity of It!

On this planet Human Beings have the most ability to be Conscious, we are unlimited Possibility and Potential, but very few are using that Potential in Everyday existence.

There are ppl alive today that are 1000X more conscious than the average person. Karma means Action, there are 4 main areas of Action going on in Your Life every moment of the day since birth, Bodily Action, Mind Action, Emotional Action, Energy Action, how Conscious are You of what is going on in these 4 areas? Most are not even 1% Conscious, so that is the goal become 100% conscious of all the actions taking place within You, then You will be there...

So far in all my research Sadhguru explains Truth the best, he has a way to make it simple and understandable enough so that it creates a curiosity in You to Seek the Truth for Yourself, that is the only way You will understand it, Truth cannot be explained really, we talk around it not directly about it!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

6 hours ago, TheEnigma said:

If there is a being that has 1000 times more consciousness than me or the average human being, what would they experience?

God Infinity

How would they see the world and the universe?

No seer, no seeing, no seen. Ineffable. Dreamt into existence. Loopy, self-defined, self-limited, paradoxical and tautological. Absolute Infinity

Would they be able to explain to me in forms of words how it's like?

No

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Water by the River

Meh. How is that kind of talk going to help anyone selling their (future) god realization courses?

Not everyone is content with selling a bunch of water to gullible scuba divers, y'know?

Right.

So, everybody please buy the course (seriously). And find out if it makes one happier than the seller, like in "end of psychological resistance to what is", or pretty much happy ever after.

If yes, all is good.

If no, everybody can continue on their chosen path of deliverance. Which, coincidentally, happens anyway. Mostly not on the most direct path, but following all the windings of the River to its very end, when it dissolves in the ocean...

So, both ways, all is good, and exactly how its supposed to be...

Selling  Water by the River

PS: Leo has also created so much good content for free that pretty much everybody who can afford can balance some of this debt by buying the course. And it will open some interesting doors/areas for sure.

I don't agree with the terminology "having more consciousness" but I'd say You can definitely be more conscious. Ever more.

And what that means to me is simply "becoming" more of your True Self, aka God/Universe. And what THAT means is shedding the limitations God places on Themselves, on Mind, on Consciousness. God REALIZATION. And that is an infinite amount of work. The limitations don't ever really end, You can always be more conscious because it's Infinity. I mean, I really don't understand how some of You people here deny "deeper awakenings"... Do You not believe in Infinity? I'm not sure whether You think/feel like You've reached the end/ceiling ("Buddha Nature"?) but I think that's rather unhumble. To deny the infinity of consciousness, it feels like a slap to the face of Reality... @Bazooka Jesus

Regarding the actual question from the OP, idk lol 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I don't agree with the terminology "having more consciousness" but I'd say You can definitely be more conscious. Ever more.

And what that means to me is simply "becoming" more of your True Self, aka God/Universe. And what THAT means is shedding the limitations God places on Themselves, on Mind, on Consciousness. God REALIZATION. And that is an infinite amount of work. The limitations don't ever really end, You can always be more conscious because it's Infinity. I mean, I really don't understand how some of You people here deny "deeper awakenings"... Do You not believe in Infinity? I'm not sure whether You think/feel like You've reached the end/ceiling ("Buddha Nature"?) but I think that's rather unhumble. To deny the infinity of consciousness, it feels like a slap to the face of Reality... @Bazooka Jesus

Regarding the actual question from the OP, idk lol 🤷‍♂️

What is god?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."