B222

The universe is mental

80 posts in this topic

How so? Heard Leo and people here say it too but don’t think I fully understand or have felt it

cheers

@B222 It basically means that what we call "matter" is a product of action of distinction that can only be mental.
Whenever you disinguish between 2 things, that's mind at work. So, when you distinguish between mind and matter, that is a mental distinction.

This means that matter doen't really have inherent existence and only depend on the mind that create it.

A night dream is a mental production. But the waking state is too, in the same way, a mental production.
And so is every object you can distinguish, including You.

IMPORTANT: Some of these mental production run so deep into the fabric of existence that they becomes unmoveble pillars that cannot be bended in the normal sober state. (ex. night and day, gravity, Time-space, etc.) 

Watch som of Leo's episodes in the Metaphysics playlist and things will become clearer.

@B222 You are radiating everything you are.

The Sun the Moon, the dog taking a dump on the lawn. Thought = Form at play within consciousness.

Edited by cetus

Probably better to swith around the words and say that Mental is the Universe...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

23 hours ago, B222 said:

How so? Heard Leo and people here say it too but don’t think I fully understand or have felt it

cheers

It refers to a worldview produced by taking psychedelics, which says that you are god and the creator of reality, and you are dreaming reality for fun, pleasure, love, whatever. Everything in reality is false, an illusion, only you are real.

This vision is very similar to a psychotic outbreak, and there are many people who find it fascinating to believe it and try to see reality in this way, so they teach each other that only they exist and others do not. It's very fun, especially seeing the plot twists they give if you question them, because of course, it's very strange to talk to people who don't exist to convince them that only they exist.

It's a pointer.

A pointer to what?

Well, there's the catch... the pointer will only make sense once you become directly conscious of that which it points to, at which point the pointer will immediately become pointless.

You get my point?

Why so serious?

Even in materialism, all knowable reality is contained within your personal brain's neural firing patterns, But what if we changed those? That could switch personality, experience, ideas, interpretations, locations, sensations, reality, add qualia, change thoughts, remove limitations, all the way to infinity, which is what god points to.

Imagine your brain of a neural network having very specific biases and now add psychedelics and imagine more of your brain lighting up. This lighting up means more areas are interconnected and the firing is more versatile and less biased. Practically your experience becomes more real and intricate than it's ever been. Imagine ramping up that light bulb to shine brighter and brighter and brighter. Your experience amplifies, changes, alternates, synchronizes, throws you across dimensions, in and out of body.

Every person you know only really exists as a construct inside your head based on experiences and feelings associated to "atom configuration" as scientists would call it. And holistically you and every other person exist in each others' mind spaces but those mind spaces are scientifically necessary for any interpretable personality to be able to exist at all. But there's clearly much more to it that that. Imagine going to DMT hyperspace and talking to some entities because you synchronized your brain waves to enhance your pattern recognition to the point that you walk back from the branch that is your body to the root of the tree that is your deeper self that you're unaware of and now you can see what's beyond your senses in these parallel dimensions that your astral form can connect to.

All we see in reality are gestalts, forms that materialize through atoms but are not atoms. Fractal geometry and math contain information far beyond the scope of this universe were it as material as we interpret it. Continuity is gradual change, most basically our experience itself, the configuration of our neural network, our memories, the sense of cohesion and general awareness, hormonal balance, all saved in this body. But our true self was never material, it can't be material. Chairs don't exist materially, only atoms that are shaped like chairs do, but that's exactly the point. A chair is a chair regardless what its made of and it exists conceptually outside of material reality. And so do you. And so do I. And so does reality. Atoms are building blocks but material is not in the same dimension as the form that materializes itself through it.

So you may wonder, what are these forms, gestalts, math, fractals, ideas, thoughts, feelings, memories, senses, personalities, objects and subjects that influence all of reality on a material level but themselves are not material but either a seeming emergent property or an inherent unbound materialization from beyond physical determinism? And that is an excellent question indeed. That's what I wanna find out too! Try to watch Leo's videos with this information and also look up "seth speaks audiobook" on YouTube, it will greatly enhance your perspective!

The universe is completely imaginary. As is your entire life story and everything going on around here. 

To experience life in a material existence is itself a dream.

The point is to realize that all of this is Consciousness. Or not. Go enjoy the dream ^_^

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

You aren't a human in a body you are a black hole looking at itself.

4 minutes ago, Hojo said:

You aren't a human in a body you are a black hole looking at itself.

You’re probably referring to my ear. It constantly gets itchy and smells, which can be really annoying.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@B222 For most people reality is mental because they are stuck in their minds.

They are in a perpetual state of non stop thinking.

As I see it mentality is just another sense we have thorough which we can experience reality.

No more important than sight or touch.

Matter or physicality is just a description of how we perceive the world. Consciousness precedes perception, perception precedes description, and description precedes physicality. You're taught that it's the other way around: that Consciousness, perception and description is preceded by matter. The former is the actual order of how we get to know the world, which makes it the natural starting assumption. It doesn't mean that matter cannot precede Consciousness in principle, but it makes little sense to think that it does if it doesn't help you to make better sense of the world (which an idealist would claim is the case).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Consciousness is at the source of experience. Materialism is an assumption, albeit a very persistent one (Einstein hint). ;) 

What are experience and consciousness? Those remain to be contemplated.

Edited by UnbornTao

Reality is not mind, it is flow. The mind is part of the flow, awakening is not about to understand what reality is, since this is impossible, due to the fact that understanding is within reality. awakening is opening.

Edited by Breakingthewall

8 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Consciousness is the most fundamental "thing" in our experience. That's the gist of it. 

What's experience? What's consciousness? Those remain to be contemplated!

But apparently there is a difference between "experience" and "direct consciousness"?

Because experience is biological?

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

But apparently there is a difference between "experience" and "direct consciousness"?

Because experience is biological?

A distinction is made for a reason. Call a dog a dog. Without a body, experience can't occur. Consciousness might be at the source of experience, but believing hindrances an open investigation. Also, what is experience, and how does it come to pass? We shouldn't paint everything with the same brush. Absolute consciousness is whatever it is, the point is to become conscious, it doesn't provide consciousness into relative phenomena. What is a body? What is anger? What is an object? What is another? Realistically, these additional questions has to be worked on independently even when "enlightened." Which principles allow for mastery in a certain field? This is a clue that even when awakened, ignorance in some form is still present. Does that help?

33 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

A distinction is made for a reason.

Right, but what reason?

Consciousness might be at the source of experience

What is "consciousness" and why do you differentiate it from your current experience? Is it like an insight or recognition of what your current experience is, is that how you hold the term "consciousness"?

34 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Absolute consciousness is whatever it is, the point is to become conscious, it doesn't provide consciousness into relative phenomena.

Is experience a relative phenomenon, and then consciousness isn't?

36 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

What is a body? What is anger? What is an object? What is another? Realistically, these additional questions has to be worked on independently even when "enlightened." Which principles allow for mastery in a certain field? This is a clue that even when awakened, ignorance in some form is still present.

Being knowledgeable is not the same as clarity of experience, it is actually not even inherent to experience. You can lack knowledge, after all. But, even the perception of a lack of knowledge is itself knowledge, which is to say, it is just an inference of what you lack created through intellect. Yes, the mind is tricky.

Enlightenment is just clarity of perception. Knowledge itself is a perception that occurs and becomes perceived in experience. Knowledge itself is transient.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I acknowledge to be coming from speculation and you might be, so it's useful to do that, which is to say I'm ignorant. Most people don't notice that this is what they do.

On 28/01/2024 at 2:42 AM, Osaid said:

Right, but what reason?

You tell me. Survival seems to be the reason, so that you eat an apple, not a stone, and pet the dog rather than the tiger.

What is "consciousness" and why do you differentiate it from your current experience? Is it like an insight or recognition of what your current experience is, is that how you hold the term "consciousness"?

Since I'm speculating: Consciousness is absolute and sources experience, also there's a reason why two words are used here. A distinction is made within consciousness. Experience is a particular way in which consciousness shows up. We might be confusing awareness with consciousness.

Is experience a relative phenomenon, and then consciousness isn't?

Experience is relative, and consciousness absolute. Experience as a distinction is relative, it occurs as a process and depends on a body, etc. Absolute is absolute, so it could be said that the true nature of experience is absolute. This relative/absolute business is paradoxical.

Being knowledgeable is not the same as clarity of experience, it is actually not even inherent to experience. You can lack knowledge, after all. But, even the perception of a lack of knowledge is itself knowledge, which is to say, it is just an inference of what you lack created through intellect. Yes, the mind is tricky.

Enlightenment is just clarity of perception. Knowledge itself is a perception that occurs and becomes perceived in experience. Knowledge itself is transient.

Enlightenment is independent of perception. Unless by perception you mean something different, you're describing something relative, awareness perhaps. Experience, hence perception, are transient, too. My point about object, body, another is that insight can be had into the nature of these relative phenomena, and that enlightenment, as in consciousness of one's nature, doesn't necessarily provide understanding of what these are, even though it's absolute.

Let's have some enlightenments.

;)