Sincerity

If You Could Avoid One Thing for Good, What Would It Be?

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is a great question for shadow work.

If You could avoid ONE thing and NEVER have to deal with it again, what would it be? If You could get rid of one thing in your life and never again have to care about it, what would it be?

It is important that You find the one answer. Not many. One.

Of course this is somewhat of a trick question because when You find this feeling/energy that You wish to avoid, well... You will be confronting it at that very moment. Stay with that difficult energy/vision and feel into it, experience it wholly until there's no more charge to it. If You do this correctly You will be a tiny bit purer after this. :)

This is not an intellectual exercise. This is a FEELING exercise. You FEEL the answer and process it.

Example of what answering this question was like for me today:

If I could avoid one thing and never have to look at it again, what would it be? Hmm... A feeling of fear of writing my thesis comes up, but it's not that strong. No, that's not it. Fear of telling my father about my psychedelic use comes up, but it's not that strong, it feels doable. No, that's not it. Fear of getting into a relationship with one girl I would be ashamed of showing to my friends and family. Not that strong, that's not it.

Then a sudden feeling of intense powerlessness washed over me. In my minds eye I saw a pitch black humanoid entity with white glowing eyes on a dark background. I was identifying with it. I had visions of "me" screaming crying, resisting an unknown force invading me, begging for help curled up on the floor. It was very dark. My entire body got tense, especially my legs and face. I had an extreme grimace on my face and felt strong tension in the head. It lasted for about 3-5 minutes and then the feeling of desperation started subsiding. The grimace on my face loosened and I started feeling calmer and more peaceful. Then finally it was done. Then a string of thoughts appeared about writing this here and here I am...

Not sure about the origin of this feeling. But it felt like something important, very much hidden before was processed. 

Hope this resonates! Confront your demons - what You resist persists. And happy new year. :)

Edited by Sincerity

Youtube shorts

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Youtube shorts

Creating them or viewing them? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I would say doubt. Not necessarily doubting past decisions, but doubting how it was all necessary to get me to where I am right now.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Not seeing things as they are, but as I wanted to see them. In short - I don't want to deceive myself anymore. But from what I have learned so far, I understand that I am here to experience and transcend this veil of illusion. And it comes down to basic honesty about yourself in everyday life, so questions about the meaning of the Universe can be put aside here.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Youtube shorts

Lol

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I would say doubt. Not necessarily doubting past decisions, but doubting how it was all necessary to get me to where I am right now.

Ooo, that could be something in me too. I feel I could face this sometime.

40 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

Not seeing things as they are, but as I wanted to see them. In short - I don't want to deceive myself anymore.

Niceee, good one. Fear of deceiving yourself.

Great answers, they ring true. :) Hope You felt into these feelings. In my view it's about going deep with courage into them and in this way melting them away. You don't have to be stuck with them forever, take action by looking at them and processing them!

Again for someone reading this, if this post resonates I strongly suggest You step away, focus on this question in silence and feel the answer. I really can't stress enough how important it is to FEEL it. Spill some tears if You need. Just "knowing" the answer intellectually will do nothing, zero, nada.

Edited by Sincerity

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

i just know you where thinking TikTok but where afraid to say it

I don't use Tiktok, but I use youtube.

I just started creating them for my channel. But, I hate wasting time watching them. I am working to bring more awareness to when I get stuck in doom scrolling.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

I just started creating them for my channel. But, I hate wasting time watching them. I am working to bring more awareness to when I get stuck in doom scrolling.

Oh I thought You were joking with the YT shorts hahaha.

Still I think You could go deeper. :P (for yourself at least, don't have to share it)

Fear of the future, I would say! Not trying to anticipate how events in life are going to unfold. This has been a huge obstacle for me in my life. 

Opinion and perspective. P.O.V.

loneliness. being isolated in the self, prisoner, focusing my energy towards the ego and full of barriers towards the outside and others. a shitty bad trip, an energetic configuration I'd rather never face again. 

I don’t regret any bad trips. They led me to where I am now. If life doesn’t kick your ass once in a while you’re living it wong.

My ex.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

14 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Seconded.

I want to avoid her ex too. :D

😍

31 minutes ago, Phoenix Garfield said:

Stress.

And drugs.

Avoid stress, you avoid drugs, so that equals out to just stress,😜