Buck Edwards

I speak to myself. Am I schizophrenic?

30 posts in this topic

I often find myself alone in my room and I speak to myself. Am I schizophrenic? 

My parents hate that shit. They always complain about it. 

I can't help but speak very loudly to myself. It's just something I don't particularly enjoy doing but it's a form of catharsis or letting off the steam burning inside. 

Insight guys? 

Interested to hear people's responses because I often do this, sometimes for hours.

Sounds like you're just a weirdo.

^_^

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No. People talk to themselves all the time, both internally and externally. Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental illness with severe cognitive deficits, hallucinations and delusions, including but not limited to poor working memory, flat affect (few emotional expressions), anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure), persecutory hallucinations (e.g. voices that harass you or monsters that want to harm you), delusions of self-reference (e.g. thinking that a song on the radio is about you), thought disorder (e.g. making peculiar conclusions about things, seeing conceptual connections that are tenuous or illogical).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Of course I speck to myself.

[shameless plug incoming:]

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

It's normal, don't worry. I do it all the time. Most people do. Then again, maybe it isn't. At least you know you blend in. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

Speaking to yourself loudly is different than auditory hallucinations (particularly of a disturbing nature.)

Edited by SeaMonster

No joke sometimes when I feel lonely I just look and speak to myself in the mirror for a good hour 

Selfie camara works as well

Speaking out loud is very healthy. It just may be perceived as weird if someone may happen to hear you.

It actually works as a conversation starter. People hear you and comment on what you say. Actually field tested.

Wear an Bluetooth earpiece if you want it to be more socially acceptable 

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

1 minute ago, mmKay said:

Speaking out loud is very healthy. It just may be perceived as weird if someone may happen to hear you.

It actually works as a conversation starter. People hear you and comment on what you say. Actually field tested.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Literally the only good post I've seen of you ;)

Edited by mmKay
Jk

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

No joke sometimes when I feel lonely I just look and speak to myself in the mirror for a good hour 

Selfie camara works as well

Wear an Bluetooth earpiece if you want it to be more socially acceptable 

That seems good. 

I’ve been doing this since I was a kid, pretty sure I started because I narrated stories between lego bricks. 

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

No. People talk to themselves all the time, both internally and externally. Schizophrenia is a delibitating mental illness with severe cognitive deficits, hallucinations and delusions, including but not limited to poor working memory, flat affect (few emotional expressions), anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure), persecutory hallucinations (e.g. voices that harass you or monsters that want to harm you), delusions of self-reference (e.g. thinking that a song on the radio is about you), thought disorder (e.g. making peculiar conclusions about things, seeing conceptual connections that are tenuous or illogical).

Hey thanks a lot for that. First time I see that kind of detailed information. 

Selftalk is the best it cleans up the garbage in the brain. Then when talking to others one is a more refined talker and thinker.

Additionally you never have to be afraid being censored because you talk what you want to talk. That feels like freedom.

Schizophrenics usually don't think something is wrong with them so don't worry haha

On 12/29/2023 at 10:52 AM, Buck Edwards said:

I often find myself alone in my room and I speak to myself. Am I schizophrenic? 

My parents hate that shit. They always complain about it. 

I can't help but speak very loudly to myself. It's just something I don't particularly enjoy doing but it's a form of catharsis or letting off the steam burning inside. 

Insight guys? 

If this behaviour makes you feel better, do it. Maybe try doing it at a lower volume haha.