OBEler

Leo's pc

54 posts in this topic

For what Do You need this high end PC? Just for games? 

But with a ps5 you get almost the same power and games. 

Interesting.

@Leo Gura Have you tinkered with Linux?

Nvidia's GPUs aren't exactly very well-optimized for Linux compatibility, though.

Edited by UnbornTao

@OBEler What about moving this thread to the Technology or Entertainment sections?

Edited by UnbornTao

22 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Have you tinkered with Linux?

I have zero interest in Linux.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I just pray there comes a day when Windows ARM laptops with Snapdragon can rival Mac M-series processors and I can peacefully go back from Apple to using Samsung products.

For now Mac M1 16GB is the best cost/quality computer in existence. Total opposite of building your own Intel PC, but I think that's the future. ARM.

I hope Leo this new machine of yours will be used to edit many wonderful videos for us to enjoy. :P Still waiting for new paid courses.

Edited by Girzo

PS4/PS3 is the best console ever. You can play PS live for free on PS3 and you get amazing games. PC always gets viruses on them. I have never got any viruses on PlayStation. My Xbox One on the other hand will update constantly. I just wanna come home for work and play a game, but nope, I gotta wait for half an hour for the console and games to update. PlayStation is the way to go.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

16 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

PS4/PS3 is the best console ever. You can play PS live for free on PS3 and you get amazing games. PC always gets viruses on them. I have never got any viruses on PlayStation. My Xbox One on the other hand will update constantly. I just wanna come home for work and play a game, but nope, I gotta wait for half an hour for the console and games to update. PlayStation is the way to go.

Pc can do a lot of stuff that playstations can't do. That's why I believe people prefer pc to consoles. Also, you can play all the old games released right from the ancient days on pc , whereas I think you can't insert PS3 disks on a PS4. Still, play stations do have its own advantages like a few you have mentioned.

based cause above this it's maybe 10% better for each 500$ after 2000$ tresh.

kept mine and changing piece for around 8 years prob around 2400$ only. It was still working great for high end game until it crashed completely.

PC > all

Don't even debate this. Console is midpc for normies who can't handle strong UI

Edited by AerisVahnEphelia

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

I also recommend this gel mouse pad. It is hella comfortable 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 11/18/2023 at 5:08 AM, Girzo said:

I just pray there comes a day when Windows ARM laptops with Snapdragon can rival Mac M-series processors and I can peacefully go back from Apple to using Samsung products.

For now Mac M1 16GB is the best cost/quality computer in existence. Total opposite of building your own Intel PC, but I think that's the future. ARM.

Look for the Snapdragon X which looks promising. Former Apple engineers worked on that chip in their own company called Nuvia which Qualcomm acquired a few years ago. Nvidia and AMD are presumably set to release Arm processors in 2025 or so, too. More competition. RISC-V could be the future.

Got an M1 Mac. For my needs, it is excellent. I'd wish macOS was more open and customizable, though. With Mac, you've got a closed ecosystem and repairability is very limited, and gaming on this platform isn't really a thing. Serious gamers go almost exclusively to Windows, or perhaps to Linux.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:36 AM, Francis777 said:

Anyone running a 4090? I’ve got two on hand but am yet to build my pc.

How many kidneys did you sell? :P 

--

A PC gives you more control, power and customization. Consoles are much more straightforward. Going the PC route might be cheaper in the long term. Consoles have a certain charm. It ultimately depends on your needs and preferences.

Look into the Steam Deck. It uses Arch by the way (Linux).

Edited by UnbornTao

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you update your computer, just curious?

On 18/11/2023 at 1:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

Heresy! :P

Not interested in some of the benefits such as privacy and customization? 

Edited by UnbornTao

@Leo Gura You should ask for help man, that build will work but has some issues.

Firstly you got way too low wattage on the PSU the CPU alone can peak at 300w and you got 650w total ???, an awful GPU, the 4060ti shouldn't exist it is a bad product, you need at least 4070 if not 4080 or  4090 ideally (since you can afford it), z690 may not hit best ram speeds so z790 is also ideal if you care about OC. The cooler is too weak, every CPU on lga1700 draws more power as much power as it can and will always use as much cooling as you give it, so the best choice would be a 360 AIO or a big air cooler or you're leaving performance (you paid for) on the table.

And most importantly, you should've gone for 14700k if not 13900k, 13700k is a good CPU but not the best vfm (since it got 4 fewer cores vs 14700k) and the price is pretty similar.

Edited by Socrates

@UnbornTao Dude, Leo could've spent the thousands of hours mastering linux into his Life Purpose. Besides, with his type of work he's not going to care about systems-level/OS-level applications lmao.

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

Leo doesn’t seem like a penguin type of guy. He seems more like a spider, dragon, or cartoon wolf sort of fella. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

17 hours ago, OBEler said:

But with a ps5 you get almost the same power

My overclocked GIGABYTE Geforce RTX 3060 ti is laughing very loudly at the bottom of the room. 

17 hours ago, OBEler said:

and games

Steam adds to the big laugh. xD:)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 18/11/2023 at 5:17 PM, EdgeGod900 said:

@Leo Gura You should record a timelapse of you building it like, 

cool

Edited by UnbornTao

I still ask me for what Leo needs such an high end PC. For battlefield 7, For virtual reality?