Aaly

How to deal with living with a very religious person?

21 posts in this topic

When they force you to believe in what they believe or they'll blackmail you

Edited by Sincerity
corrected typo in title

Do everything you can to move out. This is toxic and you should not take the abuse.

In the meantime, just act like you believe to avoid unnecessary problems.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

7 minutes ago, Migue Lonas said:

In the meantime, just act like you believe to avoid unnecessary problems

That's just going to create additional challenges. Somehow, I think if he stands in his own truth, that will trump all.  

One Love....

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's just going to create additional challenges. Somehow, I think if he stands in his own truth, that will trump all.  

I believe it's a her. Maybe that's the reason why feminism exists.

26 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

They said that they are being forced and blackmailed. You don't want to engage and enrage such a situation. Better would be to just quietly get yourself out of it.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

Maybe let him know that what he's doing is hurtful. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

13 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Maybe let him know that what he's doing is hurtful. 

Constantly remind him that he is hurtful, like every time, if he/she is not a threat or does not have full custody over you. If you are providing to the household then that's what I would do to make such a dissonance and inertia that this person is forced to think and reflect every time this shit comes out of their mouth.

If you can't do that, leave ASAP, you have a constitutional freedom to have your ideas about life.

Edited by Applegarden8

your job is peace nothing more nothing less

let them do what they do and do not interfere or impose or invalidate

they are teaching you non-reactivity

which is another word for peace

this approach is what is taught in, a course in miracles - https://acim.org/acim/en

you do you, let the world do the world

i forgive how you are and treat you with courtesy and dignity

though i waste no energy in telling you any of this since you will erupt into rage

and besides you are the job of the spirit while my job is peace

i listen to you respectfully as the price of living under your roof

but i will decide on my own life and that is entirely private

Edited by gettoefl

Is it possible to dialogue? Can you explain your situation and ask them to stop? You can't be forced to believe in things you don't believe in and likewise for them.

Unless this person is genuinely unreasonable, can't you just talk with them about it?

Edited by Basman

7 hours ago, gettoefl said:

your job is peace nothing more nothing less

let them do what they do and do not interfere or impose or invalidate

they are teaching you non-reactivity

which is another word for peace

this approach is what is taught in, a course in miracles - https://acim.org/acim/en

you do you, let the world do the world

i forgive how you are and treat you with courtesy and dignity

though i waste no energy in telling you any of this since you will erupt into rage

and besides you are the job of the spirit while my job is peace

i listen to you respectfully as the price of living under your roof

but i will decide on my own life and that is entirely private

^^^^ This is actually the secret answer to majority of problems. Obviously you do have to speak up and intervene sometimes but majority of time you can just let the world do what it does. The only source of conflict we have...is our perspective. Our perspective is an agenda, a condition, and all conditions create conflict. The less we impose our conditions, the less conflict we will have in life. But life has to teach us this through the reflection of OTHER. 

You could say life is just a lesson in RELATING to our self in all of its various forms.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:23 PM, Migue Lonas said:

Do everything you can to move out. This is toxic and you should not take the abuse.

In the meantime, just act like you believe to avoid unnecessary problems.

This is the best approach. Act like you believe what they say.

Say Thank you Jesus. Or whatever their religion is. Say things that they want to hear.

This requires a lot of development from you of course. But this works so well because the blue mind doesn't think too deeply. Just say whatever their religion is the best religion and keep peace. This is best short term approach.

The long term approach is to slowly work to move out. 

2 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

This is the best approach. Act like you believe what they say.

Say Thank you Jesus. Or whatever their religion is. Say things that they want to hear.

This requires a lot of development from you of course. But this works so well because the blue mind doesn't think too deeply. Just say whatever their religion is the best religion and keep peace. This is best short term approach.

The long term approach is to slowly work to move out. 

yea double-mindedness is simply being harmonious ... nobody has a right to your allegiance even if they hold a gun to your head

9 hours ago, Razard86 said:

^^^^ This is actually the secret answer to majority of problems. Obviously you do have to speak up and intervene sometimes but majority of time you can just let the world do what it does. The only source of conflict we have...is our perspective. Our perspective is an agenda, a condition, and all conditions create conflict. The less we impose our conditions, the less conflict we will have in life. But life has to teach us this through the reflection of OTHER. 

You could say life is just a lesson in RELATING to our self in all of its various forms.

On 06/11/2023 at 10:33 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Sounds true. Sometimes the best reaction within is no reaction, and it's the best all the time if we wish to be peaceful. 

10 hours ago, Findus said:

@An young being You have a typo in your username

Oops!? Let it serve as a reminder that English could never become my first language.

33 minutes ago, An young being said:

Sounds true. Sometimes the best reaction within is no reaction, and it's the best all the time if we wish to be peaceful. 

soul.png

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

soul.png

Great definition. I think reaction could otherwise be termed as an emotionally charged instantaneous response.

7 hours ago, An young being said:

Great definition. I think reaction could otherwise be termed as an emotionally charged instantaneous response.

yep

i came up with automatic vs authentic as the distinction between these two

On 11/6/2023 at 9:43 AM, Aaly said:

When they force you to believe in what they believe or they'll blackmail you

Make some shroom tea and share it with them 

By suffering long enough, you’ll have no choice but to get the hell out of there. 

It’s also important to watch how your own mind does this to yourself. 

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!