TheGod

How much weed is too much?

21 posts in this topic

How much weed should I smoke and how often?

Do you think it's okay to have a joint once a day or it's a sign of addiction?

How much / how often do you smoke weed? 

Smoke weed once a while only like once a week. If you are going to do it more often eat it or drink it in a milkshake.

Take breaks like weeks and months too.

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@TheGod
Why do you need weed?
what is your present experience lacking that you need a substance to enjoy the present moment?
What are you coping from?
What were your life circumstances that led you to such a daily habit?

Contemplate those and you will not need weed.

Any form of addiction is coping since we dont feel powerful enough to address the issue at hand. How about we address the issue at hand?

18 hours ago, TheGod said:

WAY too often.

Don't be a stoner. Your life is too precious to waste it like that.

According to Huberman Lab the negative effects of weed start at over 2/month.

That said, as someone who abused the hell out of weed my whole life and paid for it (age 14-36...) I completely agree with the statement below

24 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

WAY too often.

Don't be a stoner. Your life is too precious to waste it like that.

Look don't be asking how much you should or shouldn't do. How to tell if you are addicted is the correct thing you should be focused on.

The two main causes of addiction is either some kind of chemical dependence, or a psychological one that is masking some insecurity. So unless you are smoking weed because you are depressed you are not gonna get addicted, or if you develop a chemical dependence and suffer severe biological withdrawal symptoms that make you want to keep smoking.

But if you are relatively happy and just want to smoke to see what it is all about then you are fine. Just make sure you don't too high of a dosage. Anybody that tells you anything outside of this is just trying to indoctrinate you into their biased/fear/hatred of weed which is just stupidity. All bias is stupidity. It's as simple as that.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

It depends on what you smoke for. If you smoke for entertainment, watching content, doing something compulsive, including compulsive thinking, then any amount is too much. If you do it to expand your mind, feel the depth of reality, open to the now and to yourself, then it is a positive thing.

Ask yourself: feel I real happiness? If the answer is yes, then it's ok. If it isn't, I would stop

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 hours ago, Socrates said:

@TheGod
Why do you need weed?
what is your present experience lacking that you need a substance to enjoy the present moment?
What are you coping from?
What were your life circumstances that led you to such a daily habit?

Contemplate those and you will not need weed.

Any form of addiction is coping since we dont feel powerful enough to address the issue at hand. How about we address the issue at hand?

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Substances are very useful to expand yourself. To open yourself to mystical states. Maybe You could do without substances, but if you know how to use them, they are wonderful, they can dissolve your barriers in a way that would be very difficult without them

I created this topic to justify my addiction, 

I see 

I currently take a high CBD 20:1 tincture (not smoked). I take it twice a day. 

I plan on eventually taking a 0:1 THC-only product once or twice a month as planned trips, but knowing my sensitivity to THC (and cannabis in general), that shit will probably fuck me up silly. So I’m in no rush to use that yet, as I’m still working on my human life.

Long story short, that THC-only product will likely steer me towards Alien Consciousness.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Ask yourself: feel I real happiness? If the answer is yes, then it's ok. If it isn't, I would stop

Haha, this inquiry gave me a nice chuckle

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I think treating it like alcohol is a good way to go about it, provided you have a healthy relationship with alcohol. Every now and again is fine.

Of course this will vary from person to person, some people just love the herb. They love smelling it, looking at it, the high, studying it. I consider myself one of these people but I rarely smoke, even when I'm not smoking though I love learning about it, so I consider it a hobby.

I think the key factor is, is it hindering you in getting the most out of life, if it is, cut down or even cut it out.

And to reply to your question, I think smoking everyday is going to make it hard to develop yourself in any substantial way because your never at your baseline for prolonged periods, your constantly interrupting yourself. Not giving yourself enough time in between smoking to properly sit back and look at your life with a clear head. This is what I'd consider "smoking your life away". 

But again, decide for yourself. You know how it affects you and whether or not its a positive thing, some people have massive natural affinity with weed, and can smoke all day without it getting in the way of the rest of their life. But these people are a lot less common than I think people like to admit.

Don’t forget that CBD and THC are profoundly different, even if they come from the same thing.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:09 AM, Yimpa said:

Don’t forget that CBD and THC are profoundly different, even if they come from the same thing.

As someone who takes medical this can’t be overstated. CBD can tone down the negatives of THC and make it more useful for chronic pain. 
Definitely if one’s going to use the plant frequently it should be predominantly CBD. 
Also found CBD useful for PTSD. 

Altering my cannabis dose, whether it is skipping or increasing or decreasing it, gives me a 100% chance of having insanely vivid hallucination and a shift in consciousness, even if temporarily.

On 06/11/2023 at 0:00 AM, TheGod said:

How much weed should I smoke and how often?

How much / how often do you smoke weed? 

Depends on the breed of plant.(sativa/indica)

depends on the strain of breed ( thc/cbd ratio)

depends what you are using it for(spiritual/recreational/medical)

Depends if you got it from a trusted source or off a street corner ( pure or contaminated with other substances)

With a large push for legalisation of this right now, it’s important to learn and understand this plant and its variations. Because it is being manipulated and changed, it is involved in an increase in emergency room visits.

my own personal experience with it is the more conscious you become, the less you need to get into expanded states( goes for all substances). I’ve needed less each time and I only ever use it to reconnect to higher self state when I feel like I’m slipping back into an autonomous subconscious pattern. The rest is actual integration work or experiencing reality as it is. Once or twice a year is my personal limit for stronger substances like weed and 5 meo. 

It can be okay. Not every day though. The problem is I find it so easy to get into a habit. 

Best to treat it with respect and use it sparingly.

In Canada it’s very easy, maybe even too easy to get.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Once every 4-5 months at most.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Be like Snoop Dog and quit the smoke.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

In my experience (13 years smoking), once a week is the maximum you can do it without addiction and collaterals kicking in, and also diminishing returns.