Butters

Spiritual charlatans

37 posts in this topic

I usually have YouTube premium but my subscription ended. Now I see these ads and boy am I seeing a lot of bs. 

Yesterday I got this ad from some dude who seemed totally awake. Just hearing his voice and looking into his puppy eyes gave me a warm feeling. Then this guy started fear mongering with all sorts of conspiracies and pitched his ebook on being prepared for the upcoming Matrix apocalypse or some horseshit. 

My intuition is on point, so how is it possible for this charlatan to mislead me with his energy? I think he must have taken some psycadelics before he shot the video because his energy in other videos is completely off. 

How is this possible? 

Are these types of charlatans and cult leaders able to tap into genuine higher energies and use them for their egoic purposes? 

Every perspective holds a kernel of truth, but most have a lot of BS alongside it. 

Distinguish wheat from the chaff, don’t throw out the whole thing. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

you mind wants to see fear, it's its food

it's also your teacher that you choose differently

It's a type of strategy employed by the Higher Self. Fear of the apocalypse often serves as a catalyst for many people's awakening, simply because there's so much the mind can concieve of that could go wrong, and yet, year by year, we find ourselves still alive and well. Repeated cycles of this eventually leads us to the re-remembering that Death is an Illusion, and that All is Well, the foundation of Faith.

Give thanks, for Life is What Is. Hallelujah!

Edited by tuku747

I've been blocking all ads for years. They annoy me and they feel invasive and manipulative in nature. Like they're trying to rent a space in my mind by shoving their shitty ads down my throat day by day. I remember playing a phone game with my friends in 7th grade. It was basically "Can you figure out the company just through the logo (with all the names removed from the logo)?" and I was shocked by how many brands I remembered. I still remember hundreds of slogans from brands that I will never engage with, just because their ads used to be on TV all the time. It's such a waste of mental energy for me, so I just block them. This is such an important issue that I don't use sites unless I can block ads.

I still disable my ad blocker for sites where the ads don't feel invasive, but they shouldn't wonder why people have ad-blockers if 90% of ads are highly invasive. Here is an interesting video about how subtle this invasiveness can be:

However I don't see this as some type of "spiritual evil", they're simply trying to make money. Some marketing strategies are more manipulative than others, but that's just a result of ignorance. These spiritual "charlatans" just don't understand what they're saying, or they wouldn't be saying these things. And I think everyone can relate to that at least to some extent. Who hasn't ever talked about something they've got no clue about? Most of what we say is just meaningless gibberish. We give it meaning. Similarly, you can look at the video I linked and see it as evil, or you can see it as the result of short sighted ignorance. You give it meaning.

So really, it comes down to your own level of consciousness. If I understand an idea just well enough to be able to sell it to you, you must have a deeper understanding than me to see through my charades. An understanding of what? Yourself! Manipulative people understand others really well. That's what gives them an edge.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

8 hours ago, Butters said:

My intuition is on point, so how is it possible for this charlatan to mislead me with his energy?

Your intuition was correct, but your ego had to have a look see like a voyeur in the night. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Take away the rhetoric and hype and look for genuine experience. Are they trying to facilitate you in grasping something, or are they selling you beliefs?

This will leave most people out.

Edited by UnbornTao

13 hours ago, Butters said:

Are these types of charlatans and cult leaders able to tap into genuine higher energies and use them for their egoic purposes? 

That's always been the case.

Even very conscious and awake people can subscribe to all sorts of ridiculous ideas, beliefs, theories, and worldviews. Especially when it comes to stuff like politcs. Most spiritual people will not have good political understanding.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It is really crazy, I downloaded TikTok and was using it for a while, naturally the spiritual stuff started to come up. Every second dude was claiming to be enlightened talking shit about some ascension bullshit, being a starseed, tarot, conspiracies blahblahblah..... I almost went retarded watching this stuff. Although Leo claims they are not awake, the value of the traditional teachers such as Mooki, Ekhart Tolle, Ralston, Ram Dass etc.. simply cannot be understated because they are not stage green idiots claiming to be enlightened.

7 hours ago, Anon212 said:

Although Leo claims they are not awake, the value of the traditional teachers such as Mooki, Ekhart Tolle, Ralston, Ram Dass etc.. simply cannot be understated because they are not stage green idiots claiming to be enlightened.

For sure, I think most people here would agree with you, these are great beings to learn from. 

20 hours ago, cetus said:

Your intuition was correct, but your ego had to have a look see like a voyeur in the night. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Love this comment 😁

I guess my ego has a dislike for manipulation but of course I do it myself. 

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most spiritual people will not have good political understanding.

Are you the only one who is wise / awake in all areas of life? And if so, why? 

Never realized how complete your work is until recently, it's kinda sick. 

Edited by Butters

5 hours ago, Butters said:

I guess my ego has a dislike for manipulation but of course I do it myself. 

Don't feel too bad. A friend of mine stopped by one day and wasn't looking so good. So, I asked if everything was O.K. He said he did some acid the night before and hung out with God. I said wow that sounds very cool. He said it was totally cool up until the point he got brave and decided to have a peek under Gods glowing white robe.  I said what did you see? He replied, "A thong".

6 hours ago, Butters said:

Are you the only one who is wise / awake in all areas of life?

I don't claim that. I'm well aware of my limits in many areas of life.

And if so, why?

Most spirituality is not people seriously thinking, they are parroting group-think. This includes the New Agers, Buddhists, nondualists, etc. It's all deep group-think.

And when it comes to politics no one is seriously thinking either.

The key is to realize hoe precious and rare original thought is in humans.

If there's one thing I do differently from others is that I try to think original thoughts. This can take you very far if you do it for years.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If there's one thing I do differently from others is that I try to think original thoughts.

I though my thong story was original.9_9

2 hours ago, cetus said:

everything is original until you discover thong did it

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

2 hours ago, cetus said:

@cetus You wear a thong? Any pics you'd want to share with the group? ;) 

@Leo Gura I am right now at sadhguru inner engineering total. These people participating are so group thinking, I  went to two of them in the mittle of a conversation and the one girl asked "is this your first time?" I asked what she meant by that and she said "I dont know, he asked this question"

Edited by OBEler

On 3/11/2023 at 1:28 AM, Butters said:

I usually have YouTube premium but my subscription ended. Now I see these ads and boy am I seeing a lot of bs. 

Yesterday I got this ad from some dude who seemed totally awake. Just hearing his voice and looking into his puppy eyes gave me a warm feeling. Then this guy started fear mongering with all sorts of conspiracies and pitched his ebook on being prepared for the upcoming Matrix apocalypse or some horseshit. 

My intuition is on point, so how is it possible for this charlatan to mislead me with his energy? I think he must have taken some psycadelics before he shot the video because his energy in other videos is completely off. 

How is this possible? 

People have been using and manipulating energies since the dawn of time. At least you saw through it quickly. 

Learn to protect your own energy too, it’s not that hard for people to mess with it. 

On 11/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, Butters said:

Now I see these ads and boy am I seeing a lot of bs. 

Ad block extensions are worth their weight in gold! Youtube claims they're going to stop them but there are ways around this.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The key is to realize hoe precious and rare original thought is in humans.

Hoes are precious! :D
Completely agree, just parroting other people's opinions is not going to give you any insights into the nature of yourself, only a member of a different group. Then again, not everyone's cut out for independent thought (maybe just due to conditioning, but seems like there are alot of dumbdumbs out there.)

I don't agree with Leo about everything but I respect that he is speaking from within himself as opposed to just using a bunch of spiritual group think buzz words or trying to sell us some supplements.

Edited by Dabidoe

On 03/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, Leo Gura said:

If there's one thing I do differently from others is that I try to think original thoughts. This can take you very far if you do it for years.

@Leo Gura

What is a key is insight that allows you to make the distinction between an original thought and a thought that is just more group-think? 

( I know it's a bit ironic to be ASKING how to think original thoughts) 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.