Butters

Spiritual charlatans

37 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2023 at 0:43 AM, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura I am right now at sadhguru inner engineering total. These people participating are so group thinking, I  went to two of them in the mittle of a conversation and the one girl asked "is this your first time?" I asked what she meant by that and she said "I dont know, he asked this question"

Yeah, Sadhguru's followers do not think for themselves. They are groomed to be obedient monkeys.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

44 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

@Leo Gura

What is a key is insight that allows you to make the distinction between an original thought and a thought that is just more group-think? 

It's not so much an issue of whether a thought is the first of its kind, it's more an issue of, did you think through a situatiom for yourself and react your own conclusions? Or did you just copy thr thoughts of someone else.

The distinction is that you can think through situations for yourself, independently, from scratch.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, Sadhguru's followers do not think for themselves. They are groomed to be obedient monkeys.

It's human nature to be a follower. Certain events/karma need to be in place to make it not so. Something I have realized, it's funny majority are followers but love to claim originality but upon questioning...they go mute or respond "I don't know." Don't wanna know how many times I get that in my life.

I'm like wow...so contemplation and self-reflection is rare? Sadly it is. Only contemplation most people are doing is how to get X, and get away with it. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch your projections little devil, you cant know something before you try it and the fact that nobody is enlightened in here is pretty concrete proof that y'all are self-deceived in your own grandiose fantasies of spiritual ego.

If you need to take a substance to "get there" that means, You are NOT there yet ;) 

@Socrates Leo has been to Sadhguru's lectures, I think. So he has first-hand experience of who attend those.

Shadguru....a guy who treats people like endearing mentally retarded lambs. sure he is hiding a lot. That guy gives me a very bad vibe , as if he were a very son of a bitch psychopath, 

I imagine in an interview with him, I would say anything and he would let out a condescending chuckle, very passive aggressive, pretending to be nice, with his nice beard, but trying to be superior always

Edited by Breakingthewall

7 hours ago, Socrates said:

If you need to take a substance to "get there" that means, You are NOT there yet ;) 

The substance makes the circle complete. 

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Shadguru....a guy who treats people like endearing mentally retarded lambs. sure he is hiding a lot. That guy gives me a very bad vibe , as if he were a very son of a bitch psychopath, 

Gosh, chill 😂

Be mindful of projection.

8 hours ago, Socrates said:

Watch your projections little devil

Please don't be belittling.

Sheesh, Sadhguru sure does invoke strong emotions.

13 hours ago, Razard86 said:

It's human nature to be a follower. Certain events/karma need to be in place to make it not so. Something I have realized, it's funny majority are followers but love to claim originality but upon questioning...they go mute or respond "I don't know." Don't wanna know how many times I get that in my life.

I'm like wow...so contemplation and self-reflection is rare? Sadly it is. Only contemplation most people are doing is how to get X, and get away with it. 

What don’t you like about people saying „i don’t know“ it‘s a great answer imo

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not so much an issue of whether a thought is the first of its kind, it's more an issue of, did you think through a situatiom for yourself and react your own conclusions? Or did you just copy thr thoughts of someone else.

The distinction is that you can think through situations for yourself, independently, from scratch.

Thankyou 🙏🏻

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Ah yes, the Guru question. It can potentially make you experience things you never imagined and lead you to happiness or can totally mislead or corrupt for decades. You can also mistake true for false and false for true. But good luck. If you do some sadhana and generate some bliss or have sat trough at least one night of Mahashivrathri or things like that, you will probably find such quality people in your life (i mean the real ones, but you will anyway don't do what they say, because they would like you to become mystic and drop your life).

Edited by Applegarden8

I find the shadguru phenomenon fascinating. Is that guy crazy? is it all a joke? Why does he say the strange things he does? Does he have a scriptwriter? In 10 years there will be a series about him and his entire media empire

@Breakingthewall  I would recommend you to participate on his shambhavi mahamudra exercise So that you will more understand.  It's not a joke at all. It's absolutely life changing and incredible what program he developed. 

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

In 10 years there will be a series about him and his entire media empire

Wait till they make a documentary about Actualized.org... mmmmm, I am already looking forward to that one. It's probably going to be titled "The Man Who Tripped Too Much". :P

Why so serious?

41 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Breakingthewall  I would recommend you to participate on his shambhavi mahamudra exercise So that you will more understand.  It's not a joke at all. It's absolutely life changing and incredible what program he developed. 

But the guy say a lot of crazy things, can't be serious 

25 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Wait till they make a documentary about Actualized.org... mmmmm, I am already looking forward to that one. It's probably going to be titled "The Man Who Tripped Too Much". :P

Haha but it would be a boring documentary, leo doing 5meo , people chatting, on the other hand, shadguru's... I'm sure there are very strange things there, that guy moves millions, and he has something false about him, the things he says about aliens, that old people reach nirvana but if you die in an accident you go to hell. man....what is this?

I cringe a lot at everything YouTube is trying to feed me these days. Especially YouTube spiritually.

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Breakingthewall if you talk about non physical Dimension, many things sounds crazy. 

Besides that, if you are not interested in that talking, concentrate on his Yoga program. My sleep quote dropped by 1 hour So far (1 week into his program) and that is a lot of time. I  am also not so compulsive about food. Just give it a chance

Edited by OBEler