Hardkill

Who feels scared about what's going to happen in 2024?

75 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

And it's exactly this kind of unhealthy anxiety that is commonly referred to when people talk about "worrying".

If that is the meaning of worrying for you, then okay, but being obsessed with a problem for a few days means that all your processing capacity is dedicated to it and with that the possibilities of a solution increase. You just have to know how to stop when you've done everything possible, but many people are very lazy and stop worrying before their time because it's more comfortable to live without that shit on your mind, that way you can dedicate yourself to the things you like, and then shit falls on them

50 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Most people do not function like robots, in a Google office with a ball pool, calmly addressing conflicts, but rather we function on impulses, and worry is an impulse that must be listened to. Worry is approaching a situation from a negative point of view, that is, out of fear that something you don't want will happen.

In the example I gave with the plane, it makes sense to worry before you board the plane. If you worry that the plane will crash, then don't get on the plane. That's fair, that's the amount of control you have over the situation, but it will probably keep you from having certain experiences that you couldn't otherwise have. Once you actually are on the plane. worrying becomes practically useless. If you die you die, if you don't you don't. So why worry about something outside of your control?

So if it comes to something like, for example, artificial intelligence, it makes sense to worry if you plan to do something about it. If you're not in the field of AI and you have no impact on it, then worrying isn't particularly productive. It will just distract you from those things that you can control. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Once you actually are on the plane. worrying becomes practically useless.

Yeah you have to be able to decide when everything is done and relax, even in great danger, but not before exhausting all possibilities

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah you have to be able to decide when everything is done and relax, even in great danger, but not before exhausting all possibilities

I'd rather define that as caution. Caution is to worry, what pain is to suffering.

beep boop

If worry was 100% useless, it would not exist.

Nothing your mind does is useless. It all helps you survive in one way or another, to some degree or another.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Two sides clearly want control over the other's perspective.

They are likely going to fight to exert that control.

Some of us are trying to pull the western side back, I don't know if anyone is on the other side, I like to think there is a version of me in China, saying hey let's take it steady here. I don't know what the scale will be, wider overt regional conflicts are looking more probable.

Stock up on food, water, and the basics. Get a big bag of rice, a couple of weeks' worth of tins of protein, and 40 liters of water for some piece of mind. If you haven't got blankets or a basic first aid kit get them. (And toilet paper :) remember covid) Don't make preparations or worry your life, but having two weeks' worth of food in stock has always been and will always be a good idea.

Edited by BlueOak

It's worth it to contemplate what worry is. Seems to be related to fear and the future, but I don't know.

Turbulent times for sure. Population collapse, domestic civill fracturing and atomisation, AI, economy and income inequality, environmental degradation, degenerate culture, woke mobs and cancellation, dating crises, social media echo chambers, materialism.

A question I ponder is if to have kids or not, that is if your in a relationship. But even if your not and your dating, thats something you will eventually face or a woman will eventually question you on and something you can't mislead her on or waste her time with.

What makes it harder is if you are already in a relationship but uncertain on whether to have kids in this world or not as it robs the woman of something they mostly desire. I highly doubt the world will end or an all out war will take place, but living standards and instability looks to be a regular part of the coming decades until a new system is figured out.

A useful video from Teal Swan on dealing with uncertainty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6cMH9Mqi60&t=923s

Edited by zazen

On 20/10/2023 at 1:04 AM, Hardkill said:

the amount of uncertainty and danger in the world is the greatest it has ever been in decades

Stop watching news and go outside. You will notice, the world. It’s just fine. 

Stop consuming. Start creating. 

Even if there‘s a Cold War, or and actual war next to your country. Unless a bomb hits your house or the economy crashes you won’t ever actually directly experience the horrible effects of any of the stuff they talk about in the news.

Of course, it can be wise to stay informed. Either to see how you can help or to take preventive measures if the situation actually becomes critical. But unless that happens checking news regularly is unwise and an addiction. Try checking it just once a week, or once a month, or hell, maybe just once a quarter? Maybe that will get your groundedness/self love/and felt safety back. 

And what if all your negative projections come TRUE?! and a world war breaks out…

Well… 

can you be at peace with that? In love, devotion, and surrender 🙏🏽🔥

It’s a romance. You have to be crazy to embrace all of reality. You have to be madly in love. Almost like the Stockholm Syndrom lol

FALL IN FUCKING LOVE WITH WHAT IS

Feel the fear, let it be, it’s allowed, feel the pain. Let it eat you. 

Then you may be free

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, itsadistraction said:

Absolutely,@Hardkill we are the closest we have ever been to nuclear war in the history of the human race right now (according to Noam Chomsky in the Piers Morgan interview).

There's conflict in Ukraine, escalations with China, and the never ending conflicts in the middle East. 

Then there is the threat of MAGA especially if Trump wins in 2024. So remember to VOTE!!!

Yes 2024 will be an important year for the entire human race and hopefully not the last one. 

PS this isn't fear talking just an observation. I personally wouldn't mind if the world ends actually. 

eww, chomsky gives me "bad vibes".

On 10/19/2023 at 10:50 PM, Hojo said:

@Hardkill okay well then here is a tip. You dont know what will happen, any theory you have of what will happen is made up and probably wont be what happens. the probably of you predicting the future is very low if any at all. so worrying about what will happen in the future is not true and cant be true cause anything you think will happen has as close to 0 percent chance of happening. earth has infinite probability and possibility.

the only thing worrying does is make you upset. and you are being upset by something that probably wont happen its just a made up daydream you are creating and getting scared of. and if you are going to do that you might as well make up that everyone just gets along and then we all get alot of money and and angels come down and we have sex with them. and then the one with the biggest titties comes and gives you a bj

"okay well then here is a tip. You dont know what will happen",,, this. 

On 10/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, Spiral Wizard said:

Stop watching news and go outside. You will notice, the world. It’s just fine. 

Stop consuming. Start creating. 

Even if there‘s a Cold War, or and actual war next to your country. Unless a bomb hits your house or the economy crashes you won’t ever actually directly experience the horrible effects of any of the stuff they talk about in the news.

Of course, it can be wise to stay informed. Either to see how you can help or to take preventive measures if the situation actually becomes critical. But unless that happens checking news regularly is unwise and an addiction. Try checking it just once a week, or once a month, or hell, maybe just once a quarter? Maybe that will get your groundedness/self love/and felt safety back. 

And what if all your negative projections come TRUE?! and a world war breaks out…

Well… 

can you be at peace with that? In love, devotion, and surrender 🙏🏽🔥

It’s a romance. You have to be crazy to embrace all of reality. You have to be madly in love. Almost like the Stockholm Syndrom lol

FALL IN FUCKING LOVE WITH WHAT IS

Feel the fear, let it be, it’s allowed, feel the pain. Let it eat you. 

Then you may be free

Why would anyone in their right mind fall in love with something like WWIII or nuclear war or tyranny growing the world?

9 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Why would anyone in their right mind fall in love with something like WWIII or nuclear war or tyranny growing the world?

A more apt word for Love which could be understood by all easily is 'Acceptance'.

Remember when they said the world was gonna end in 2012?

Remember when it didn’t?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

10 hours ago, An young being said:

A more apt word for Love which could be understood by all easily is 'Acceptance'.

I don't know how to accept such an outcome or outcomes. 

On 10/24/2023 at 8:36 PM, Hardkill said:

Because that's what's true. And if there is not WW3, then that's what's true. There are no should's. What is, is what should be, and what should be, is what is. Love the things that are naturally hard to love. It's easy to love Leo because he's giving you good advice. But practice seeing the beauty in things very few people can see. Don't take me literally of course, but doing what I said has it's advantages. 

Edited by TheEnigma

13 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I don't know how to accept such an outcome or outcomes. 

By realizing that nothing is permanent.

Guys, I've tried taking your advice about not worrying about next year and it's not working. The news about the world just keeps getting worse.

I've never felt this fearful or pessimistic about the future as I am now.

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Guys, I've tried taking your advice about not worrying about next year and it's not working. The news about the world just keeps getting worse.

I've never felt this fearful or pessimistic about the future as I am now.

It's time to get rid of news time and replace it with something productive or entertaining.