Hardkill

Who feels scared about what's going to happen in 2024?

75 posts in this topic

You gain nothing from feeling worried and worrying about all that shit. Just stop wasting time and work on yourself, your life purpose. Forget all the other BS shit in the world. And remember children the news will always show NEGATIVE stuff so just cut that shit out of your life.

@Hardkill Having grown up through the 80s / 90s, Things happening now are nothing new. I remember in the 80s; there was the Iran–Iraq War, Lebanese Civil War (Beirut was like Gaza is now), Soviet–Afghan War (almost a decade long), Troubles between UK and Ireland (bombs going off in the UK). There were serious labor disputes and strikes, Health, Education, and Cities in Crisis, AIDS Crisis, mass unemployment (in the UK). Then, in the 90s, there was the Croatian War of Independence, the Somali Civil War, and more fighting in the Middle East. I could go on and on.

There is not much difference. As Leo pointed out, it's just business as usual. Someone else also pointed out that consuming all this content is much easier. Try to become aware of how much of these things are happening in your direct experience (I suspect very little). It is easy to go online or switch on the TV and immerse yourself in the suffering of others. Try focusing this energy into your own life purpose.

After listening to one of the interviews with Mearsheimer, I realize that the world is now even closer to doomsday than ever before.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:36 AM, Alex M said:

@Hardkill Having grown up through the 80s / 90s, Things happening now are nothing new. I remember in the 80s; there was the Iran–Iraq War, Lebanese Civil War (Beirut was like Gaza is now), Soviet–Afghan War (almost a decade long), Troubles between UK and Ireland (bombs going off in the UK). There were serious labor disputes and strikes, Health, Education, and Cities in Crisis, AIDS Crisis, mass unemployment (in the UK). Then, in the 90s, there was the Croatian War of Independence, the Somali Civil War, and more fighting in the Middle East. I could go on and on.

There is not much difference. As Leo pointed out, it's just business as usual. Someone else also pointed out that consuming all this content is much easier. Try to become aware of how much of these things are happening in your direct experience (I suspect very little). It is easy to go online or switch on the TV and immerse yourself in the suffering of others. Try focusing this energy into your own life purpose.

I don't see how you can compare those wars in the Middle East back then, compared to the 20-year War on Terror in the middle east we had from 2001 to 2021, the War in Ukraine, and the Israel-Hamas war which has a good chance of spreading into a wider regional conflict in the Middle East. Not to mention China likely to invade to Taiwan within the next few years, which will cause an historic global economic crisis comparable to the Great Depression.

Things are much more dangerous in the world than in the 80s and 90s. There much less peace around the world than there was in the late 1900s. Also, 1st and 2nd world countries now have much more dangerous weapons than they did 20 to 30 years ago. 

There is a good chance of larger regional wars in the coming years.

Russia - Europe
China - America
Iran - Israel / America

There are a lot of minor regional ones as flashpoints. Turkey - Greece. Saudi Arabia - Iran. China - Everyone it's trying to steal land/sea territory from. South Korea - North Korea. North Korea - Japan. Belarus - Poland, Kyrgyzstan–Tajikistan. Argentina going into meltdown. Africa is heating up with a new colonial push from BRICS. There are so many flashpoints now.

Depending on how much larger but neutral countries like Turkey, India, Nigeria, and Brazil are involved. There is a good chance of WW3.

I am in my 40's. There is more tension in the world than there ever was.  Everyone is further right than they ever were. There is more indifference to life. Competing global power blocks. People fighting wars over land. More suppression, more fear and more uncertainty. Along with ongoing wars happening right now. Unifying Globalism is vilified and nationalism/fascism ascendant. Everyone has forgotten why things like human rights were created and all the horrors of WW2.

It is the exact conditions that led to WW1/WW2. It's the same cycle. I can see Fascism and Anarcho-Capitalism starting to compete.

Is WW3 Guaranteed? No. The patterns are there. So far nobody is making different choices.

Edited by BlueOak

On 12/31/2023 at 2:51 AM, BlueOak said:

There is a good chance of larger regional wars in the coming years.

Russia - Europe
China - America
Iran - Israel / America

There are a lot of minor regional ones as flashpoints. Turkey - Greece. Saudi Arabia - Iran. China - Everyone it's trying to steal land/sea territory from. South Korea - North Korea. North Korea - Japan. Belarus - Poland, Kyrgyzstan–Tajikistan. Argentina going into meltdown. Africa is heating up with a new colonial push from BRICS. There are so many flashpoints now.

Depending on how much larger but neutral countries like Turkey, India, Nigeria, and Brazil are involved. There is a good chance of WW3.

I am in my 40's. There is more tension in the world than there ever was.  Everyone is further right than they ever were. There is more indifference to life. Competing global power blocks. People fighting wars over land. More suppression, more fear and more uncertainty. Along with ongoing wars happening right now. Unifying Globalism is vilified and nationalism/fascism ascendant. Everyone has forgotten why things like human rights were created and all the horrors of WW2.

It is the exact conditions that led to WW1/WW2. It's the same cycle. I can see Fascism and Anarcho-Capitalism starting to compete.

Is WW3 Guaranteed? No. The patterns are there. So far nobody is making different choices.

I wish I had Leo's confidence and optimism for the future. 

On 10/21/2023 at 3:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

Meh..... Business as usual.

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

The future exists now in your mind.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Well there a petroleum strike in India….so things already looked kinda fucked.

Posted (edited)

For those of us in the US, doomerism doesn't help, but neither does downplaying what's at stake in 2024.

At heart of MAGA fascism is a segment of extremely selfish people who don't want their culture to change to become more equitable, and are willing to support political violence, oppress their fellow citizens, and dismantle American democracy to ensure that doesn't happen. Roughly 30% of the country would be enthusiastic supporters of a Trump dictatorship.

So if you were ever going to take an interest in politics, or take a more active role in politics through activities like canvasing, now is the time.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 10/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, Hardkill said:

In my opinion, the amount of uncertainty and danger in the world is the greatest it has ever been in decades.

The War in Ukraine is still going on with no end in sight, even after it began over a year and half ago. Now, the War in Israel just happened and of course taken even more of psychological toll on everyone around the world, especially those within Israel and Palestine. Not to mention that this war could last for weeks if not months and may widen into a terrible regional war in the Middle Eat. We also are very worried about the serious possibility of China invading Taiwan within the next few years. Moreover, we may be the closest we have ever been to the threat nuclear warfare. 

The US and much of the global economy may be in a recession next year and may experience more supply shocks which would increase inflation significantly.

The democracy of the US is still in grave danger as Trump or Trumpism could still prevail in the 2024 elections. 

How many of you are having trouble going about your day without having to think about all of these threats to the world? I know I am having a very hard time psychologically coping with all of this.

It certainly doesn't help that none of the first world countries in the world have a leader in office who is able to effectively inspire great unity and hope for our world in the midst of all of these crises like the way that FDR, Churchill, Eisenhower, JFK, and Obama were able to during their presidencies.

Danger has always been present in Human history, it is just now we are more enabled via science and technology than ever, before it was only a handful of ppl that could have been hurt or killed in a village somewhere, but  now that the economy is so connected, or with our nuclear weapons that when somone goes off the rails that has power, we can all suffer for it. What to do about it? Well first don't take yourself, or your life too too seriously, take it serious when need be, provide food, shelter the basics for yourself and family, but in the end, even when going out to get to work if you live in a urban environment, there is danger, so life is very fragile, don't take it so serious that you become sick or bitter/angry over it, Second, make Yourself into what you want to see in the world, live a Joyful and Healthy life within each moment, don't suffer or create suffering within Yourself because there are others suffering, just be the highest possibility that You can be now, then go about  your business, influencing those that are around you that can see your living a high possibility life...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

On 1/1/2024 at 11:28 PM, Hardkill said:

Whatever I think of teal's work which is mixed, her yearly predictions are pretty good. She's good at spotting patterns and describing them.

Edited by BlueOak

On 1/2/2024 at 7:34 AM, kray said:

Well there a petroleum strike in India….so things already looked kinda fucked.

This puts things into perspective. I feel selfish af. I got pretty annoyed a few days ago when I lost my Vaseline. Can’t look good if my lips are chapped. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Ideally to me Ukraine will make peace with Russia ending the war there and Israel and Palestine will create a two state solution combined with elimination of Hamas ending the war there.

Inflation will hit us hard, but other than that us lucky 1st worlders have little to fear in terms of being killed.

I've meet a couple of Ukranians in 2023 since Slovenia is pretty close to Ukraine and the women and some lucky men are allowed to leave the country.  We are so fucking lucky that we don't have to deal with the brutal reality of war. 

51 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Ideally to me Ukraine will make peace with Russia ending the war there and Israel and Palestine will create a two state solution combined with elimination of Hamas ending the war there.

We don’t appreciate how much conflict was necessary to resolve deep rooted issues until we’ve gone through that similar process ourselves.