Wizardking

Question to ask Jordan Peterson

86 posts in this topic

I just managed to get a front row seat for one of Jordan Petersons talks and I want to come up with a good question to ask him. Any suggestions? 
Maybe something relating to spirituality as he is a bit religious but I'm not sure what he's already answered. 

2 hours ago, Wizardking said:

I want to come up with a good question to ask him. Any suggestions? 

Ask him "why did I want to come up with a good question? Is it Approval/validation seeking or something else?"

If he had to vote for Biden vs Trump, who would he vote for?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ask him if he is interested enough in pursuing the true nature of reality so much that he'd give his life for it. If he asks you what you mean by truth tell him, the very purpose of his existence, why his life seemingly in his experience popped out of no where. If he says all humans do it and none have the answers yet, ask him how does he know that? Ask him does he think he has investigated this with his whole being, or does something stop him. Ask him if he thinks he is open-minded enough to study enough of human civilizations that have asked those questions and has he thoroughly listened to see if there was an over-arching theme there. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

"Is it possible to be enlightened like Buddha or Jesus, what does it entail, and have you met any of these people?"

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"Is it possible to be enlightened like Buddha or Jesus, what does it entail, and have you met any of these people?"

I like this

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

He doesn't know what enlightenment is.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You think a fruity psychology professor who has done psychedelics, has personally had sober mystical experiences, talks about the power of the mystical experience, and has studied different world religions, doesn't know about enlightenment? I think that is just cynical.

@Carl-Richard I know he's had some mystical experiences. But that's not the same as really understanding Awakening. He's lost in a bunch of human mythology.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Carl-Richard I know he's had some mystical experiences. But that's not the same as really understanding Awakening. He's lost in a bunch of human mythology.

Let's see what he answers.

I doubt he would really understand that question.

He might be enlightened to some extent. You just expect enlightenment to always bring you candy and rainbows, when it's not a given.

He might get it, but those mythologies feed what he likes to see in the world and the character he has built.

There's nothing wrong with loving the character.

It's quite possible that he just enjoys the current state of things or past ways, so the old myths that are feeding him now... that show must keep going.

Edited by AerisVahnEphelia

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I was under the impression that enlightenment and Awakening are two different things. I recall you saying you've moved away from teaching enlightenment and ragged on every Buddhist rat for pushing it since. 

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

3 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

I thought enlightenment and Awakening are two different things. I recall you saying you've moved away from teaching enlightenment and ragged on every Buddhist rat for pushing it since. 

That’s sounds like human metrology 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

I was under the impression that enlightenment and Awakening are two different things. I recall you saying you've moved away from teaching enlightenment and ragged on every Buddhist rat for pushing it since. 

Yes, but my point is that he doesn't even understand classicial Buddhist enlightenment.

Edited by Leo Gura

Hmmm I'd be curious to hear his answers to the following:

1) What he thinks of IFS therapy?

2) What that mouth do?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback