Wizardking

Question to ask Jordan Peterson

86 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Wh- are you living under a rock? ?

No, that’s Patrick xD

That rock music at the end scared the pants out of me x-D

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Maybe the expression should be: What rock are you living under? :P 

7 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Maybe the expression should be: What rock are you living under? :P 

True. Different people live under different rocks. I seem to live under a completely different rock compared to most people here. Another interesting question would be, what rock are you living with?

On 12/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, Carl-Richard said:

You continue to make my point for me.

You're focusing on intellect. I want us to focus on experientially locating self. This isn't enlightenment either but a way to ballpark one's contemplative efforts.

Well, then let me talk from personal experience a bit: every time I've ran into the Absolute, it feels like I'm presented with a choice that I can become like that forever, but with some sadness, I decline the offer (because it's just too much for my little ego to bear); in other words, exactly what JP said. That's what I call an enlightenment experience, and that is what I think JP experienced.

Sure, it might be the case that JP happened to label his experience in exactly the same way as I did mine purely by accident, but there I'll revert to what I said earlier: I think it's more likely than not that he had an enlightenment experience, based on what he said (and the other things I know about him).

Where is the clarity about you? Both communications have the "stink" of intellect. What I hear is extrapolation, process, feeling-state. Don't sound like direct experience, likely state changes. They can be healing, blissful, and awe-inspiring.

Let's postulate enlightenment is you and now. Attempting to communicate it would show up naturally and simply, as nothing is closer to you than you.

In short, we have to grasp who each of us is.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 10/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

So that's how it feels to be a bowling ball and hit some pins. Interesting.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.