Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

The Russian-led draft resolution received five votes in favour (China, Gabon, Mozambique, Russia, and the United Arab Emirates) and four against (France, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States), with six abstentions (Albania, Brazil, Ecuador, Ghana, Malta, and Switzerland).

Members were divided over the lack of specific condemnation of extremist group Hamas, which began the current escalation of violence, sending hundreds of fighters to carry out massacres in settlements near to the Gaza Strip on 7 October.

For the Council to adopt a resolution, the proposal must receive at least nine votes in favour, with none of its five permanent members opposing or casting a veto.

The draft text had called for a humanitarian ceasefire, release of all hostages, aid access, and safe evacuation of civilians.

A further draft resolution is on the Council's agenda for consideration on Tuesday, from Brazil. According to news reports, it calls for humanitarian pauses, as well as issued condemnation of Hamas and all terrorist acts against civilians. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1142427

@Karmadhi

Just now, Karmadhi said:

This is my whole point... but @Scholartends to ignore it and just call us "kids". 

But at least we're pushing back on scholars right? Too theoretical and little pragmatism. Let's keep pushing back and hit the 100 page mark on this thread!

@Husseinisdoingfine

Just now, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura PLEASE make a part two about to the war and conflict episode, and tie it in with these current events.

Actually not a good idea, given how many are so triggered. Some YouTube Channels are even taken down or canceled.

The bias here is amazing. Hamas basically slaughtered over 1000 people, and they continue to fire rockets non-stop at Israel, and people are like "But why is Israel bombing Gaza?!". It's hilarious. Of course, nobody is blaming Hamas for firing rockets from civilian areas, or storing ammunication and weaponry in hospitals, which just blew up in people's faces. No, it's all the evil Israel committing a genocide.

>:(>:(>:(

See, this is what it would look like if I was playing the blaming game. Now, ask yourself how much of an emotional response you got just from reading what I wrote, and whether or not it is conducive to truth.

Glory to Israel

6 minutes ago, Scholar said:

The bias here is amazing. Hamas basically slaughtered over 1000 people, and they continue to fire rockets non-stop at Israel, and people are like "But why is Israel bombing Gaza?!". It's hilarious. Of course, nobody is blaming Hamas for firing rockets from civilian areas, or storing ammunication and weaponry in hospitals, which just blew up in people's faces. No, it's all the evil Israel committing a genocide.

See, this is what it would look like if I was playing the blaming game. Now, ask yourself how much of an emotional response you got just from reading what I wrote, and whether or not it is conducive to truth.

I like the example of slave revolts. Some slave revolts, especially the ones that happened in Haiti, were absolutely brutal. Slaves would storm the manors of slave owners and slaughter entire families. 

This does not change the fact that the slaves are justified in their anger and the slave owners were wrong in holding them as slaves in the first place. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/comments/179ve10/not_a_shock_at_all/

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

^^funny how everybody always thinks they have the truth, no?

doesn‘t it make you suspicious?

@Scholar

9 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Nobody is arguing in favor for HAMAs, stop red herring us there! We're arguing that Israel should be the bigger man, and STOP TAKING MORE LAND for Palestinians. Like stop taking land. Just stop. Israel has a land hoarding problem, it needs help, do you see?

Edited by Danioover9000

12 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Hamas basically slaughtered over 1000 people,

Sorry to say but Israel had it coming. If you poke a Hornet s nest enough, it will sting you back. I am not saying the people that died deserved to die, they were innocent civilians, but it is their government actions over the span of decades that broke the camel back and led to the tragedy. It is not an unprovoked attack. 

12 minutes ago, Scholar said:

nobody is blaming Hamas for firing rockets from civilian areas

Ukraine also does the same yet it gets love and support. Russia claims it bombed Ukranian civilian areas for the very same reason.

Also nobody here supports Hamas, we just understand why they do what they do. If possible everyone here would love Hamas to be wiped out but when it takes 10.000 innocent palestinian civilian lives to do so then of course we will revolt. Especially when many of them can be avoided if Israel is willing to.

Edited by Karmadhi

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

^^funny how everybody always thinks they have the truth, no?

doesn‘t it make you suspicious?

If you're referring to me posting increasingly convincing evidence of what actually happened, then yes I am skeptical. I was skeptical to rush to moral condemnation without the story being investigated.

It is seeming more and more clear by the minute that this was the result of Hamas.

Why is dropping a bomb considered a solution to anything?   My car doesn’t work.  But I have a solution.  I’m going to drop a bomb on it.  That will make it work.  

It perpetuates the cycle of violence and produces more recruits for Hamas.  There is the illusion of “wiping them out”, when at that very moment they are being born.  It doesn’t work for anyone in that region, but it is good for the military industrial complex, which is why Republican congressman support it.

There is also the immediate issue of escalation.  How to stop this from turning into a regional war, which eventually draws in the US and Russia.   America is already sending 2000 soldiers.  This is how the US got sucked into the Vietnam war.

This doesn’t just involve the Middle East.  It’s about the safety of everyone here.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 minutes ago, hundreth said:

If you're referring to me posting increasingly convincing evidence of what actually happened, then yes I am skeptical. I was skeptical to rush to moral condemnation without the story being investigated.

It is seeming more and more clear by the minute that this was the result of Hamas.

No i was actually talking about good ol‘ papa who claimed to have some sort of truth and others don’t.

but it goes for everything. With the hospital attack, al djazeera made like 5 videos about it already. Which i wonder if they‘ll backstep if they get info that it was actually hamas.

but generally humans claim to be the victim and have the truth. Me too sometimes, but it gets comical if you think about it.

An amazingly rational take on which side to pick in the Isreal/Hammas war by David Pakman

They bombed a hospital. Over 500 deads.

Hard to do something more evil. Injured civilians, doctors, nurses, and people looking for shelter because they thought that a hospital could be a safe place from bombs.

So isn't this terrorism? What's the term for this? Now what is the international community going to say? It's crazy.

****GRAPHIC******

****GRAPHIC******

Edited by Socrates

Guys, just be patient and wait for news to get verified before you start making accussations. It's unclear yet who caused this bombing.

Also, consider, when you jump to accussations and all this moralizing you are contributing to the kind of attitudes that result in endless conflict.

If people on this forum cannot stay objective and sensible, how can you ever expect either the Israelis or Arabs in the Middle East to do so? They have a lot more at stake than you. And yet we expect them to be sensible, moderate, and tolerant.

Take responsibility for the conflict you create.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

An amazingly rational take on which side to pick in the Isreal/Hammas war by David Pakman

This conflict truly revealed who in the media landscape has not lost their minds to the dynamics of social media.

It feel like we are reaching a tipping point in global interconnectivity. It's just so incredibly infectious, and it's a really, really toxic and destructive mindset. I genuinely feel like this is a problem that might be more challenging and dangerous than climate change.

It's like we are on the precipice of some sort of collective psychosis.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

6 minutes ago, Nabd said:

It's ok because in a month or two most media won't be covering this anymore so everyone will feel better.

Looking forward to feeling better.