Someone here

My evaluation of Actualized.org forum

78 posts in this topic

Leo and Inliytened1 keep saying that this work is not about beliefs or cult's ideology etc..but with all honesty ..I'm seeing it in myself and in the vast majority of members here.  People here just parrot Leo's insights like a gospel..or particular set or system of beliefs (me included).

That's what it actually is. Leo is somehow explicit and at the same time so much implicit about it. He says that his ultimate goal with this work is to understand reality. But understanding reality is the ultimate hero's journey and I don't see anyone here capable or serious about this except Leo himself .

I'm not kissing Leo's ass ..I have some disagreements with Leo's philosophy as well ...it is based on three major principles (philosophies):

• survival is the main and only driver for all of human activities.
  • Idealism: everything is Mind or consciousness instead of matter .
  • Solipsism: only you exist.

For some of you guys here and me included...it's probably time to move on. You want results? You're not going to get them by philosophising. Even if you stop playing these philosophical games. As long as you're listening to Leo and/or interacting with others on the forum (or anywhere) who share the same mindsets.. you're still going to be stuck. Ideas don't just affect you on the conscious level. Your subconscious mind naturally imitates its environment. The people you surround yourself with affect you more than you notice. Ideas affect you more than you notice. Learn how to control the stream of information that you're intaking. You might believe that you belong somewhere. But that's a false.. limiting belief. You can belong anywhere. It's just a matter of time needed to adjust and accommodate. Nothing Leo says is actually false. Nothing anyone says is actually false. Everything has some truth to it from a certain perspective..because everything is Truth.

But either commit 100 % to this work or just quit .

Peace ✌ 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Parroting isn’t something specific to this forum. You will find parrots in every social situation and group. If you had Ben Franklin, Abe Lincoln, Jesus, Buddha, and MLK all in one room, you will find a parrot. That’s just how social life and humans work. Even Leo has parroted ideas in the past. No one is immune.

The issue is you aren’t doing proper philosophy.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

I don't see anyone here capable or serious about this except Leo himself.

Don't be so defeatist. There are some serious people here. Of course super hardcore people are rare in any domain.

This forum is just a place to share ideas and get some sense of like-minded community. It's not a replacement for your work.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Parroting isn’t something specific to this forum. You will find parrots in every social situation and group. If you had Ben Franklin, Abe Lincoln, Jesus, Buddha, and MLK all in one room, you will find a parrot. That’s just how social life and humans work. Even Leo has parroted ideas in the past. No one is immune.

The issue is you aren’t doing proper philosophy.

You are one of the rare exceptional few who aren't parroting and thinking independently.  I like everything you post because you question all the "sacred Hindu cows "(the ideas that others are parroting). 

Curious to know how exactly I'm not doing proper philosophy and what is your definition of it ?

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be so defeatist. There are some serious people here. Of course super hardcore people are rare in any domain.

This forum is just a place to share ideas and get some sense of like-mind community. It's not a replacement your work.

That's exactly the problem.  You must take this forum seriously.  You could make it so much better by applying some more seriousness .

This kind of communication will not help anyone to get it.

. If you get it..you get it. You should offer  the ideal communication that will not only give people here an ideal to strive towards..but total embodiment of the real work .

Take me as an example..I'm mentally masturbating on here for close to 3 years now and you still didn't kick my ass out (not asking to be banned ..lol). 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That's exactly the problem.  You must take this forum seriously.  You could make it so much better by applying some more seriousness .

That kind of authoritarian hard-ass approach just doesn't work in a social space.

You have to keep in mind the inherent limitations of a forum.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This kind of communication will not help anyone to get it.

. If you get it..you get it. You should offer  the ideal communication that will not only give people here an ideal to strive towards..but total embodiment of the real work .

Take me as an example..I'm mentally masturbating on here for close to 3 years now and you still didn't kick my ass out (not asking to be banned ..lol). 

When I first joined here I wanted an online chat - where like minded individuals could come together to collaborate and discuss spiritual topics - but Leo quickly stopped me and warned that it would just evolve into a troll infested free for all.   That's the problem with a forum and the problem with the internet and social media in general.   This work really isn't about collaboration it is really about you doing the inner work- the spiritual practices.  The meditation or the psychedelics.  The self inquiry.  All of it.  Yes, the forum can be good and can actually trigger awakenings because you are openly discussing spiritual topics that you can't really discuss anywhere else - but the big awakenings are going to be found by you doing the spiritual practices.   So I do suggest you do that.   That post last week about getting off the forum if you want to awaken isn't wrong - but the forum isn't a hindrance either.  It just should not be mistaken for the inner work.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That kind of authoritarian hard-ass approach just doesn't work in a social space.

You have to keep in mind the inherent limitations of a forum.

OK Leo . You know better. Do what's best ? .

I'm not going to obother explaining this to anyone. Maybe I am wrong..or maybe Leo is just unaware. Besides..I would certainly receive a lot of hate for trying to share my perspective..and I could get banned.

It's strange how I was not able to see all that with such clarity before.

-Osho

@Someone here you've got to take responsibility for your own path, a forum isn't going to make a difference no matter how serious it is.

The more serious you are the less you'll even need it as a tool for progressing.

This is just an online Forum where people give advice, exchange ideas, have discussions and share insights on various topics, etc. It's not like it's a mortar and brick location where we drive to or have to be physically present. We can log on or off at anytime we chose. People are here for different reasons, and are asking questions on various topics and/or learning about different things and not everybody is seeking anything that isn't offered here. 

Whatever you're saying move on to doesn't matter if this wasn't your only source of resources, learning or online engagement to begin with. People are living their lives and are enjoying the opportunity to come to an online forum to engage. If this is your only source, or you take this Forum as something to achieve that you're not achieving, then maybe it's time for you to move on, but for some of us, it's a place to relax, enjoy and mingle while learning and gaining knowledge about Spirituality and other topics of interest. The real work is done in the real world, whatever that is. 

Almost everyday, I'm listening/watching high-end interviews, high level podcasts sometimes listening to Audio books or reading something Spiritual on my own. Varieties, so my mind doesn't get used to a particular teacher and their way of teaching.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I don't see anyone here capable or serious about this except Leo himself .

strong projection /10

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

You are one of the rare exceptional few who aren't parroting and thinking independently.  I like everything you post because you question all the "sacred Hindu cows "(the ideas that others are parroting). 

Curious to know how exactly I'm not doing proper philosophy and what is your definition of it ?

Thanks.

I think I may have misspoke. Realize, I am only assuming whether or not you are doing "proper" philosophy based off of what I notice you posting on the forum. I don't know who you are off the forum. With that being said, I noticed posts you've made about converting to a religion. I think it was Islam. 

Also, in the past, you seem to have dismissed certain pointers/concepts such as solipsism without entertaining. It is like you were completely bought into the concept and then now, you want to completely dismiss it. 

These are just a few examples of what improper philosophy is. This post is also an example and so is mine because we are talking about a petty issue that has no bearing understanding consciousness and Absolute Truth. Another thing is that instead of using this post to point out some of the behaviors you find annoying in others (and in yourself), you could have focused more on the metaphysical points like I did in my first post here that parroting is an issue that impacts all social systems. You could have dove more into asking questions such as "what is parroting? Why does it exist? Why do all social situations get corrupted with parroting others and losing independence?, etc." Instead, you just stopped at the surface level and offered people feedback to be aware of parroting without diving in and exploring why this is. Does that make sense?

My definition of "proper" philosophy is similar to the video Leo made on Introduction to Serious Philosophy. It is hard to simply define proper philosophy, but I will give it my best. My simple definition of proper philosophy is independently contemplating and introspecting to get at the true nature of a thing through independent means and derivation.

This means that reading philosophical works is not proper philosophy. But contemplating philosophical works does if it has to deal with metaphysical/epistemic issues. If you are just contemplating to understand Descartes' view of something, then I would consider that improper philosophy. The point is to utilize the knowledge/information available to contemplate consciousness. By contemplation, I don't mean speculation or mental masturbation, which is what I notice you tend to have done in the past quite frequently. By contemplation, I mean thoroughly thinking deeply (not researching) through questioning different thought experiments that others have invented and original ones that you create. By contemplation, I mean observing what is going on in direct experience and contemplate it.

For instance, if I say to you that solipsism might be true. I want you to contemplate it by asking the question. What is solipsism? Solipsism is the view that only the mind can be known to exist. Then, I want you to contemplate whether it is true. Start by contemplating what a mind is. What self is and what other is. In your direct experience, there are no others but your direct experience. The wall and table are not other to you. They are objects occurring in your direct experience. These words are also your direct experience. The english language is also your direct experience. Then, what is direct experience? Direct experience is everything you are experiencing right now. Well, what is indirect experience then? Well, it technically doesn't exist because existence is a very direct thing (you can go into that topic separately on whether the indirectness has an ontological foundation). Indirectness is everything you are imagining, which imagination itself is direct. Experience is DIRECT! 

Okay. I am done with that one. That is a short example of contemplation. You can even contemplate further whether experience is direct or can be indirect. But with each point, you want to ground it and verify them in your observations. Remember to come to your own conclusions, which may be different from mine. The point is to have the attitude of mind where you want to discover what is true and you don't care whether you have to explore solipsism, run into Plato's cave, or sail across the Ship of Theseus. 

The point of proper philosophy is to ask questions with the intention of deriving your own answers and gaining insight into reality through focused, concentrated observation and thinking. Remember, it is easy to get sidetracked. That is the main thing I notice with a lot of folks (including myself).

I know there is more to say, but I hope that helps.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

My posts can be completely disregarded as nonsense, however I am not parroting anyone here. 

Well, I'm looking for "students" if you want to awaken ;). Shoot me a message if interested. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

But understanding reality is the ultimate hero's journey and I don't see anyone here capable or serious about this except Leo himself .

Don’t sell everyone here short, man. It’s not cool. 

The replies from Leo and Inliytened1 are super classy. That in itself should tell you, you are in the right place. 

I’ve only been here less than a week and there are a lot of people here saying really interesting things. Francis777 you are incredible. Princess Arabia, you too. 

Someone Here, it shouldn’t matter that some people are parroting Leo’s work, why even focus on that. Focus on you. If you want to move on, then go. 

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

I don't see anyone here capable or serious about this except Leo himself .

What about people who are not on this forum engaing in endless and useless debates, but rather doing serious work on a daily basis?

Leo said several times that armchair philosophy will get you nowhere. Spiritual practises, contemplation, psychedelics, taking action, and working on life purpose. That's where it's at.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be arrogant, but a huge amount of people here would do themselves a favor if they logged out of this forum (at least for a good while).

Edited by nistake

1 minute ago, nistake said:

What about people who are not on this forum engaing in endless and useless debates, but rather doing serious work on a daily basis?

Leo said several times that armchair philosophy will get you nowhere. Spiritual practises, contemplation, psychedelics, taking action, and working on life purpose. That's where it's at.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be arrogant, but a huge amount of people here would do themselves a favor if they log out of this forum (at least for a good while).

To be frank, many people here are either addicted to this forum or have a lot of free time in their hands or both.

There is nothing wrong in discussing with like minded people about our experiences and trying to find or verify answers for our questions, but doing only that without contemplating or meditating and not developing other spiritual  qualities may be a dangerous act.

I'm a semi-regular browser of this forum and while I do agree that many people on here are especially unhinged (in a variety of ways) and lack the consciousness required to take this work seriously, there is also many shining examples of those who have had life-changing, transcendent experiences by putting in the necessary effort to shed their biases and see reality far clearer than the majority of people on Earth.

Personally speaking, consuming Leo's videos and doing my best to make the work fit around my own journey, rather than graviating it around his teachings, has benefited my life both materially & spiritually in ways I can't even begin to describe. My life purpose and understanding of God/myself has drastically altered in the several years since Leo's work catalyzed my path towards awakening and I can understand his frustration when people on here are constantly asking the most asinine questions, endlessly chasing their own tail to no avail, when all they really need to do is to cut the bs and start making steps within their own life towards awakening, rather than expecting themselves to have a Jimmy Neutron style "brain blast" where they understand reality via logic when the answer's clearly lie beyond the mental gymnastics spun by the human mind. But of course, many of those who are going round on circles in here are clearly stuck within self-deception and are denying that they are preventing themselves from doing the work by engaging in petty arguments in here day in, day out, with the sweet irony being that all they're actuaslly doing is just arguing with their own mind and delaying the inevitable work they need to put in in order to awaken hahaha.

So yeah, cheers Leo for providing the groundwork in helping me and many others on here to gain a clearer vision of how to awaken, I definitely would have struggled with this without your ability to articulate these profound insights. I am now at a place where I can grasp with my own consciousness what you've been trying to convey via language for many years. 

Edited by Cubbage